[1.6.4] Team CoFH Mods - Thermal Expansion 3.0.0.0

cofh thermal expansion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2338 replies to this topic

DrRedstoner
  • Minecraft: DrRedstoner

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:48 AM

View PostDaraku_Dakara, on 21 June 2013 - 07:58 AM, said:

KingLemming, a question about liquid glowstone.

Is there a height limit on it's liquid form? Every time I try to place it above level 100, it immediately turns into solid glowstone.

It's too cold that high.

Posted Image  
Build a noob a fire and he is warm for a day.

Set a noob on fire and you are warm for about five minutes, but it is much more satisfying

Register or log in to remove.

Peach774

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:14 AM

I'm getting a strange bug with the sawmill. all log recipes expect logs from Biomes o plenty are only producing four planks instead of six.

Daraku_Dakara

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:18 AM

View PostDrRedstoner, on 22 June 2013 - 06:48 AM, said:

It's too cold that high.

Is there a setting for that anywhere? If it caps out at 100, 50% of build area is unavailable.

Algester
    Algester

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:40 AM

View PostZoofule, on 21 June 2013 - 08:55 AM, said:

I have not used Thermal Expansion all that much, because while I was playing a modpack with it, I had not realized how much better than industrial craft the machines in your mod are. I was curious if you would possibly take into consideration making a pipe/tube type system that would be an alternative to redpower's pneumatic tubes and sorting system that could work on buildcraft energy.

also I had asked the following before but wanted to ask again in case you didn't see it

Is it possible to add a command similar to
/cofh skin set <URL>
/cofh skin clear
that lets you change your user name maybe a /cofh name set <name> and /cofh name clear
the ability to change skins mixed with this would be really cool for youtube videos.
Sorting systems can be used by Applied Energestics mod or factoryzation but I'm thinking on the former is more "effective" only late in game factoryzation will take up a lot of barrels just to make one work lol and BC's autocrafting table, and the bloody logistics pipe  if you want... xycraft if you want it more "minimalistic"
Thermal Expansion (Machines)
Factoryzation (Storage)
Logistics Pipes + BC or IC2 engines/power maker red cell is still usable (Piping)
AE mod (Whole package may lag your server)

skyqula
    skyqula

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:57 AM

Hey Kinglemming, I am getting a rendering error with conduits and liqiducts. They still function normally though. Relogging fixes it sometimes and its not all conduits/liqiducts that apear broken.

Spoiler:

I am using forge 738, optifine ultra D5, CofH core 1.5.2.5 and TE 3.1.6.0 + a bunch of others.

Laskeri
    Laskeri

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2104 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:49 PM

View Postskyqula, on 23 June 2013 - 11:57 AM, said:

Hey Kinglemming, I am getting a rendering error with conduits and liqiducts. They still function normally though. Relogging fixes it sometimes and its not all conduits/liqiducts that apear broken.

Spoiler:

I am using forge 738, optifine ultra D5, CofH core 1.5.2.5 and TE 3.1.6.0 + a bunch of others.

Have you tried removing Optifine? That's most likely the culprit.

elemenster

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:21 PM

um my minecraft blackscreens when i put cofhcore into the coremods folder i think that blackscreening generates a crash report so heres the latest one
Spoiler:

Symmetryc
  • Minecraft: JayJuly

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:08 PM

Hey KingLemming, I absolutely love this mod and all of its attention to detail! I was wondering if you were planning on adding any additional engines to your mod as you are adding so many really cool things, but there are still only two different kinds of engines to power them. Maybe an engine made of shiny ingots and shiny gears and uses liquid gunpowder as fuel or something? I don't know, but I'd really love it if you could add a bit more variety in power options, thanks in advance!
A life? Where can I download one of those?

harley9699

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:58 AM

View Postelemenster, on 23 June 2013 - 08:21 PM, said:

um my minecraft blackscreens when i put cofhcore into the coremods folder i think that blackscreening generates a crash report so heres the latest one
Spoiler:
Check that one first for ID conflicts. Hope this helps.

Posted Image

BIGFAIRY
    BIGFAIRY

Tree Puncher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:33 AM

im not sure whats happen here on my server my redstone energy cell and conduit and tesseracts not showing anything other than a frame

Posted Image

Posted Image

FnordMan
    FnordMan

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1119 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:44 PM

View PostBIGFAIRY, on 24 June 2013 - 04:33 AM, said:

im not sure whats happen here on my server my redstone energy cell and conduit and tesseracts not showing anything other than a frame

Revert to the vanilla texture pack and see what happens. If it's still empty then get rid of optifine if your using it.

CapitaineGloumi
  • Minecraft: CapitaineGloumi

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:20 PM

I wish you have good time while making a pause. You have done a great job, take time for you :)

Is Item Conduit always planed for a future update ? ( Maybe for the first 1.6 update ? )
And about machine upgrade ?

And finally will be update for 1.6 hard ? Should we start a new world or a compatibility update is planned ?

Thank for the awesome time.

Dagarath

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:21 PM

Hey Lemming, is it alright to make an addon for this mod?  I really would love to have high capacity liquiducts, the steam addon for gregtech makes this very useful, maybe OP but I don't care.   My thinking is two iridium ingots with reinforced glass = 6 HC Liquiducts which will move three times the steam (or rather any liquid) per tick.

ShamblerDK

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:35 PM

Hey there!

I'm getting a weird visual bug here:

http://i.imgur.com/7fRBdJP.jpg

If someone is standing inside my character, they can see the head texture on the inside of the head:

http://i.imgur.com/bAKeR0g.png

Happens with all HD skins.

Regards,
ShamblerDK

PS.: I'm ShamblerDK from #Direwolf20, if you hadn't guessed it already Posted Image

Algester
    Algester

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:00 PM

View PostShamblerDK, on 25 June 2013 - 11:35 PM, said:

Hey there!

I'm getting a weird visual bug here:

http://i.imgur.com/7fRBdJP.jpg

If someone is standing inside my character, they can see the head texture on the inside of the head:

http://i.imgur.com/bAKeR0g.png

Happens with all HD skins.

Regards,
ShamblerDK

PS.: I'm ShamblerDK from #Direwolf20, if you hadn't guessed it already Posted Image
try a different texture pack or if not optifine weird... optifine was suppose to help minecraft handle a chuck full of mods (through better optimization) but its now destroying it?

YaNKeeR
    YaNKeeR

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:25 PM

Have a question...  I see in the wiki that there is an engine called a Magmatic engine that this mods offers.  I have the Thermal Expansion installed and running, but for some reason, when I go to NEI to search for this engine it does not show up.

Is there something in a config file I am missing?  So I have to do something special to have the items show up in NEI?

ShamblerDK

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:13 PM

View PostAlgester, on 26 June 2013 - 02:00 PM, said:

try a different texture pack or if not optifine weird... optifine was suppose to help minecraft handle a chuck full of mods (through better optimization) but its now destroying it?

I seem to have found the problem:

http://cdn.spout.org...x512/zombie.png
(Got it from here: http://forums.spout....and-capes.2394/)

It only loads the face on the top left part of the picture, instead of also loading the top right.

Is this intentional, and do I just need to find other skins?

SciFi
    SciFi

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:18 PM

Like everyone else here I love this mod, however I am wondering if there are any higher tier power generation options in the pipeline?  Either that or a config switch that allows for the use of the Universal Electric power scheme.

Thanks in advance, and keep up the good work !

Apasz
    Apasz

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Minecraft: APasz

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:40 AM

I'm getting a crash when I try and get the omni-wrenchfrom nei also it doesn't have a texture, mc152, forge738. here are crash logs and a pic https://www.dropbox....2klw/7gAl7VrnxU
Posted Image

darktr00per

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:04 AM

After using the proto omniwrench on a Mekanism energy cube(basic, advanced, or elite) changing its output face only, not altering anything else in the setup; export power network values are altered. For instance, Any producer(tested with heat and bio generators) -->cable-->energy cube--->cable-->consumer(any mekanism factory or electric expansion energized smelter) values are altered from standard 15.9KJ per coal or charcoal down to 311J in energized smelter and 899J in any mechanism factory, smelt, enrichment, or crushing(end point consumer values). However, breaking and replacing the cable(tested multiple cables didnt impact) between the output on the cube and consumer solves this issue. Another interesting note, all power completly disappears into the ether if a cable is left on the output of the energy cube with no consumer attached, of course only after the wrench has been used on the cube to alter direction of the output face( not moving the cable, but changing direction of output then changing it back to original output face to match cable). Versions used, Forge 7.8.1.737, Omnitool 3.1.6.0, CoFH 1.5.2.5, Mekanism 5.5.6, Electric expansion 2.3.0.51.