As of now, I am currently busy with school again. (Sorry) The development is halt at the mean time while I focus on my thesis. I will be able to work on it again around middle of july.
Version 0.4 is released! Transition between prequel and kingdom building phase is almost done, but the primary change of this release is the reficules and a major change in buildings which now have a height property. Full changelog below.
Tale of Kingship is on open beta!
Keep in mind that this mod is still in Work-in-Progess. There will be ruined save files, incomplete features, and the mod still doesn't offers any game progression what so ever. The purpose of this release is to iron out the bugs for the later versions. Please report any bugs found by posting the details either here on the thread or in skype.
For those who need to contact me or just want to chat, you can add me via skype: TyberAlyx.
This beta version can break save files(via griefing) so use at your own risk!
Pardon my tardiness of the due date for tier 1 and 2 as I focused on enhancing the system for the moment.
In a different world from Minecraft, the human civilization has prospered in an ever so peaceful world.
But then suddenly, evil has found their way in to our land.
The Reficules, creatures from an evil dimension, attacked our lands and kingdoms.
Unprepared and caught off-guard from this onslaught, the humans are in the brink of annihilation.
In order to preserve humanity, the last order of the humans and the king forged the "Kingdom Scepter",
A scepter that contains all knowledge the humans have learned in this world.
As the final onslaught on the last kingdom is eminent, the last order of the kingdom used all their power to open a door to a different dimension far from this world in order to escape into the fabled lands called Minecraft.
The last settlement of human race now lies in this unknown world.
This is where you will start your journey, hero. Soon, evil will also spread across this world.
It is time to take the path to kingship. The last order awaits!
What is Tale of Kingship?
Tale of Kingship is the official sequel to the tale of kingdoms mod. It is a series of mods that will give you an opportunity to build the greatest kingdom the world of Minecraft has ever known! Raise your economy through trade, supply a stable food source for your people, create an army to protect your kingdom, and show your valor as the most powerful king in the whole Minecraft!
What is new in the evolved Tale of kingdoms?
Everything I learned from the past tale of kingdoms (implementation wise and feature wise) is greatly improved. The kingdoms are now scale-able. You design your own kingdom, you can have it in any size and in any style. You could choose which buildings to focus on and add your own customization (You can build your own custom buildings in your own kingdom the traditional Minecraft way). Focus on military, focus on trade, or focus on size! It's all up to you.
in order to "fully" understand the mod, I recommend you guys watching this preview:
This mod uses Novv's Building Schematics collections with over 26 buildings and Heaven_Lord's Medieval Castle. Each building serves a specific purpose to the improvement of your kingdom. The prequel will feature mrato1 medieval spawn for the starting town.
I take no credit for most of the structures. All building designs fall into the creators mentioned and linked above. The compilation, program, gameplay and system other than forge and minecraft itself are created by me.
Just making sure you get that okay? These wonderful designs doesn't belong to me.
The song used in the mod is titled: Cloister of Redemption by Jens Kiilstofte (Machinimasound)
I would only want 5 seconds of your time for the days of work I put in this mod ^__^
- Download Minecraft Forge @ http://files.minecraftforge.net/ and install. (Instructions on downloading and installing minecraft forge is all around the net so please take a look at that first)
1) install forge.
2) create a new folder in .minecraft named MCTOK
3) save the download into the MCTOK folder
4) extract the .zip you saved.
5) place the folder taleofkingship folder into the .minecraft folder
6) place the Tale of Kingship.zip into the .minecraft/mods folder
7) load a world and press Y.
- Or you can drag the zip file to the .minecraft folder and rightclick then "Extract here"
- Added the Reficules
- Added the height property for buildings
- Re-opened kingdom building phase
- Fixed the task system where in kills are not counted
- Added Tasks system (This is currently the only way to earn honor)
- Added Hireble Hunters
- Added Inn keeper in starting town inn
- Added Preacher in the starting town Chapel
- Added Builder for future use of plots
- Added an easter egg which would show up on rare cases
- Improved villager AI by adapting minecraft AI code base
- Fixed Save File Handler
- Fixed Crash at Destroying certain buildings.
- Fixed Crash at Building certain buildings.
- Fixed Crash at Claiming Lands.
- Fixed Restarting Prequel
- Fixed Missing NPCs on relog
- Fixed tutorial on installing in read me (thanks to dombo813 for clearer instructions)
- Tale of Kingship Beta released!
Tale of Kingship is not an open source file for now (it will be open-source in the future)
Kingship Mod is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.