Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.7.4] [PVP/MOBA] Calamity by Moesh (v4)

pvp moba calamity moesh two-lane attack/defend

  • Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1

Moesh
    Moesh

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:12 PM

YouTubers! Please link to the release video instead of this thread!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Njhks5UlqU



Calamity 4 requires Minecraft v1.7.4 and is recommended for 10 players (5 vs 5).

Calamity is a two-lane attack/defend PVP minigame.

The objective is to reach the other teams bastion and run the machine for one minute. You run the machine for one minute, and you win the game. Players organize themselves into different lanes (a 2/3 split is standard), and attempt to push the lanes to get to the other teams machine.

There are a lot of absolutely fantastic elements to the map, too numerous to explain here.

Calamity has been featured by Mindcrack, The Yogscast, and many other very prominent YouTubers.

Posted Image

Additional screen shots (imgur album)

Developers journal (imgur album)

Download links:

Version 4 - Mediafire
Creator of the revolutionary map, Calamity by Moesh.

Follow me on Twitter.

Register or log in to remove.

#2

Kyle Crafty
    Kyle Crafty

    Lapis Lazuli Collector

  • Members
  • 1101 posts
  • Minecraft: Kyle_Crafty

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:23 PM

Why have you not received any replies? Great map btw

#3

Garblahooga
  • Minecraft: Garblahooga

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:38 PM

Yeah, this is a great map. I hope to play it sometime.

Bump :3
Posted Image

#4

Moesh
    Moesh

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:49 PM

Not entirely sure. This map has been getting a lot of attention from notable people. It's alright, onwards!
Creator of the revolutionary map, Calamity by Moesh.

Follow me on Twitter.

#5

Thungon217
  • Location: Las Vegas
  • Minecraft: Thungon

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:35 PM

This is quite an awesome PvP map, Moesh pulled the genre together well with this one!

Posted Image
Maze Collection, Youtube channel, & RFW Series


#6

Connfo
    Connfo

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • Location: Turn Around.
  • Minecraft: Connfo

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:49 PM

Great map. I am planning on doing a PvP/Adventure map combination sometime in the future, to. I hope it's as fun to play as it looks. Nice job!
Check me out, it's an up-and-coming LP Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Connfo Thanks!

#7

Linus371
  • Location: Sweden
  • Minecraft: Linus371

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:18 PM

MindCrack's on it! :D


Give it a watch, they're great!

Posted Image

Cookie Tapper

Free on Google Play


#8

llvllax
    llvllax

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:48 PM

I assume people think because its redstoned up, its complicated and hard to learn. as a tester for this map I can assure you this map is super easy to pick up. So many tactics can be used on this map.No match is ever the same. There is zero lagg and its a very smooth map. If you like pvp or are interested in learning some minecraft pvp I highly recommend checking this map out, I promise you wont regret it!

#9

DrkNinja5

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:44 PM

Is there anyway to get this working on a bukkit server? All I has for Plugins is Multiverse, essentials, PEX, and Dynmap. Wanted it to be Vanilla but there is no support for multiple worlds via vanilla, nor dynmap, or permissions of any kind.

#10

Matt_Rosa

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:20 AM

After watching Mindcrack play it, I understand what it's about and how to play it!

Looks good!  I just need a few friends now..

#11

Solumid
    Solumid

    Coal Miner

  • Members
  • 113 posts
  • Minecraft: Solumid

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:54 AM

Wanted to stop by after watching the MindCrack PvP on this map... I think it's rare to find a PvP map as well-organized as this, not to mention the detailed use of command blocks and player detection. Nice work!

You know a map is good when you can't decide if playing it or figuring out how it works is more fun. ;]

#12

Supermap

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:06 AM

awesome map... im sure youre gonna be getting much more traffic after mindcrack used it.

now i just need a group of other players willing to play this and i would be good to go

#13

lonelyhornet_
  • Minecraft: lonelyhornet

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:42 AM

Very nice, this map looks awesome and the gameplay looks great! Very good job.
Posted Image

#14

PhazonDragon
  • Location: The TARDIS
  • Minecraft: t3hphazondragon

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:51 AM

View PostDrkNinja5, on 27 April 2013 - 11:44 PM, said:

Is there anyway to get this working on a bukkit server? All I has for Plugins is Multiverse, essentials, PEX, and Dynmap. Wanted it to be Vanilla but there is no support for multiple worlds via vanilla, nor dynmap, or permissions of any kind.
I'm pretty sure the main bukkit issue with playing this map, and other similar maps, are the command blocks. Essentials changes some of the commands, which, I'm not positive on, but I think it overrides the vanilla commands, so if you want to get this working on a bukkit server, you might have to either 1) disable the Essentials plugin, or 2) change each of the command blocks yourself, which can get tedious if there are a lot.

Correct me if I'm wrong, though. This is just what I've experienced from tinkering with a friend's bukkit server. We've tried to get Nail to work once, but the command blocks weren't working due to the changed commands via Essentials.

Of course there could be the solution somewhere in the options for Essentials, but I haven't found it, so I don't know.

Anyway, regardless of all that jibber-jabber. this is a really awesome map, and I love the idea of the resource pads. Very, very cool. I've only watched a few matches but I'm already itching to play this with my friends!

#15

atc1986
    atc1986

    Full Stack

  • Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:29 PM

I have a server available to host this on if enough people want to play!

#16

mzaimcraft22

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:47 PM

atc that would be awesome I really want to play this map good job Moesh this is amazing

#17

http404error
  • Location: Above the clouds

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:46 PM

View Postatc1986, on 28 April 2013 - 04:29 PM, said:

I have a server available to host this on if enough people want to play!

Oh yes, please do.

This is amazing.

#18

Moesh
    Moesh

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:41 AM

Thanks for all the support! Keep an eye out for the updated version!
Creator of the revolutionary map, Calamity by Moesh.

Follow me on Twitter.

#19

MegaMech
    MegaMech

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 24 posts
  • Location: Canada

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:22 AM

View PostPhazondragon, on 28 April 2013 - 05:51 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure the main bukkit issue with playing this map, and other similar maps, are the command blocks. Essentials changes some of the commands, which, I'm not positive on, but I think it overrides the vanilla commands, so if you want to get this working on a bukkit server, you might have to either 1) disable the Essentials plugin, or 2) change each of the command blocks yourself, which can get tedious if there are a lot.

Correct me if I'm wrong, though. This is just what I've experienced from tinkering with a friend's bukkit server. We've tried to get Nail to work once, but the command blocks weren't working due to the changed commands via Essentials.

Of course there could be the solution somewhere in the options for Essentials, but I haven't found it, so I don't know.

Anyway, regardless of all that jibber-jabber. this is a really awesome map, and I love the idea of the resource pads. Very, very cool. I've only watched a few matches but I'm already itching to play this with my friends!

Nobody uses essentials, it's outdated and doesn't work properly, plus it's programmed to break all competing plugins
use commandbook. It's the best, the creator created many plugins for Hmod (back in those days)
Common sense, not very common

#20

NightSpawn
  • Location: In the battlefield.... eating some apple.

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:00 AM

This map needs a little publicity Posted Image
Awesome map by the way.
If you won't mind, I'll promote it on minecraftmaps.org
of course all credits and links go to you.

cheers
Posted Image