Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minecraft Xbox 360 Future Plans

xbox 360 tu11 tu10

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

flicausi

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:07 PM

I personally think they need to add anvils, ocelots, iron golems, jungles, & villager trading. 4J said on Twitter that they'd eventually skew off on their own direction from the PC version. So what I think, it might take a few more feature updates to get the 360 version near equivalent to the PC version, then once they are, then eventually part with the PC and add things that aren't in the PC version. I'd be pretty cool to eventually see new things like Horses, Buffalo, Guns that you have to make your own ammo for, birds, villagers speaking their own language, with a caption at the bottom so you can understand what they are saying. I dunno, they need to use their imagination a bit. What do you guys think? Posy your ideas!
Follow This On Twitter for Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition News :) http://www.twitter.com/MinecrafterX360

Register or log in to remove.

LegoShokwave123
  • Location: Petting Schrodinger's cat while sitting on a tesseract.
  • Minecraft: LegoShokwave123

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:41 PM

Wrong section.
<_<

IPWNNEWBZ
  • Minecraft: Xtreme_Prodigy
  • Xbox:Ew, Xbox

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:44 PM

Mojang have already confirmed they're adding horses in the PC version. And I agree with you on the fact that 4J should add some xbox exclusive features to the game. As long as they don't go too overboard with it them I'm fine. Do keep in mind that this is Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition. Not 4JCraft

"I stopped being afraid of the monsters under my bed when I realised they are inside of me."-Unknown

"Hell is empty. The devils are all up here." -Shakespeare

Mustache_Guy
  • Minecraft: McAngusYoung

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:28 PM

View Postflicausi, on 11 April 2013 - 12:07 PM, said:

ocelots, iron golems, jungles, & villager trading.
Those are all being added. Confirmed via Twitter many times over.

View Postflicausi, on 11 April 2013 - 12:07 PM, said:

So what I think, it might take a few more feature updates to get the 360 version near equivalent to the PC version, then once they are, then eventually part with the PC and add things that aren't in the PC version.
This has already been their exact plan from the very beginning. They're going to reach an update that is near equivalent to the PCs 1.2.3, then sit down and decide with Mojang on where to take the Xbox 360 Edition that is different than the PC.

View PostIPWNNEWBZ, on 11 April 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

And I agree with you on the fact that 4J should add some xbox exclusive features to the game.
There are already many differences between the PC version and the Xbox 360 Edition. Breeding/animals spawning is different. We have a SuperFlat Nether. Our Ender Dragon is completely different from the PC versions. Our maps have coordinates on them. We have splitscreen. I'm sure there are a few other things.

They will also continue adding more unique things as time goes on.
Lucifer - "So you're willing to die for a pile of cockroaches? Why?"
Gabriel - "Because dad was right. They are better than us."
Lucifer - "They are broken, flawed, abortions!"
Gabriel - "Damn right they're flawed, but a lot of them try to do better."

Dinosalamander

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:59 AM

I think they should be equals in content.

CrisspyToast

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:52 PM

xbox should have unique stuff in it, like biomes with volcanoes, a demon boss in the nether, and biomes with huge underground caves and craters

MechanicalWood

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:13 PM

Well I would love to see jungle temples, emeralds, villager trading and most importantly, sieges (zombie attack on villages search it on the minecraftwiki!)

AccursedSniper6

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:16 PM

honestly what if they added like a section where u can either pick a skin from xbox or online or design ur own skin. just think about it.

honestly what if they added like a section where u can either pick a skin from xbox or online or design ur own skin. just think about it.

UnDeadLotus69

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:40 AM

I wish they would add more minerals. to mine

Sentimental_Fool

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:09 AM

Upside-down stairs & slabs, legit sharing maps option, anvil format, redstone lamp, tripwire, dropper, hopper, ender chest, cobblestone wall, the ability to spawn "Monster Spawner" in creative and much more!

Purplemonkey273

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:05 AM

View PostMustache_Guy, on 11 April 2013 - 08:28 PM, said:

There are already many differences between the PC version and the Xbox 360 Edition. Breeding/animals spawning is different. We have a SuperFlat Nether. Our Ender Dragon is completely different from the PC versions. Our maps have coordinates on them. We have splitscreen. I'm sure there are a few other things.

They will also continue adding more unique things as time goes on.
We can also throw ender pearls in creative mode... unless they added that to the PC without my knowledge. But I must ask, how is our breeding/spawning of animals different? Other than the obvious fact that we have a cap?

Mustache_Guy
  • Minecraft: McAngusYoung

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:24 AM

View PostPurplemonkey273, on 15 April 2013 - 04:05 AM, said:

We can also throw ender pearls in creative mode... unless they added that to the PC without my knowledge. But I must ask, how is our breeding/spawning of animals different? Other than the obvious fact that we have a cap?
Passive mobs do not despawn on the PC version. They stay until killed. It also takes them an extremely long time to respawn. I've played a PC world for at least 2 real world days without any animals spawning.
Lucifer - "So you're willing to die for a pile of cockroaches? Why?"
Gabriel - "Because dad was right. They are better than us."
Lucifer - "They are broken, flawed, abortions!"
Gabriel - "Damn right they're flawed, but a lot of them try to do better."

Ajointed
    Ajointed

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:25 AM

View PostPurplemonkey273, on 15 April 2013 - 04:05 AM, said:

I think pigs on pc breed when u give them carrots and in xbox you give them wheat.
    *Don't judge unless you've seen through my eyes*    

Kaoticblade

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:56 AM

I would love a share world option or servers
You can not afford my diamond sword. Even if you could, I have a patent.

Purplemonkey273

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:30 AM

View PostAjointed, on 15 April 2013 - 06:25 AM, said:

I think pigs on pc breed when u give them carrots and in xbox you give them wheat.
That's because we haven't had the update that added carrots yet, so pigs need to breed with something besides carrots.

View PostMustache_Guy, on 15 April 2013 - 05:24 AM, said:

Passive mobs do not despawn on the PC version. They stay until killed. It also takes them an extremely long time to respawn. I've played a PC world for at least 2 real world days without any animals spawning.
I see now, I thought they were eventually going to go back to the way it was on the PC (no despawning and rare spawns). I didn't know that this way was here to stay.

ThaVrisco
  • Minecraft: TheCowjello
  • Xbox:Lite 3000

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:00 PM

My opinion is that they should put everything in the PC version in the xbox version. Then have one or two things only for the Xbox 360 edition, so that more people will get the Xbox version of Minecraft.
My top 3 favorite quotes:
-What? People lie on the Internet and get away with it?! What sorcery is this?
-I'm still waiting for the day, I actually use math, in real life...
-ėęēêèéëÿūùûüúįíìîïīœõòøōôöóãàåáâäæšßśłżžźčçćñńm€£¥

ubergine
    ubergine

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1393 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:03 AM

The most important things to get in quickly, as far as I'm concerned, is the stuff that generates in the world, so I don't have to keep making new worlds.

Nether Quartz
Emerald
Jungles

and if the temples contain unique blocks, those too.

I can't simply "reset my nether" on old worlds unfortunately because it would wipe what I've built in there. And I also chose those world's based on their nether forts (after they were introduced) as a factor, and the forts have changed since then.

corvex2
    corvex2

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 148 posts
  • Xbox:corvex2

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:46 AM

Whatever the future plans are , I hope they happen soon! Every time I look at minecraft in my games I think "meh".
"Have faith in the Emperor and praise his name.
Honour and glory to he who defends mankind in the darkest hour.
May the angels of death strike the heretic , mutant and xenos down with flaming vengeance."
- Storm Dragon's Vanguard Veteran Dracius Maltos  

PlaguedWolf

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:24 AM

all i want is mob spawners because i make mini games and stuff and its hard to make certain ones because you just cant spawn enough mobs

Posted Image

Posted Image <~~~~~  Its a cute baby dragon click it don't let it die.

stormchaser206
  • Minecraft: stormchaser206
  • Xbox:KILLER963258

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:11 PM

I want monster spawners too. My friend has kept bugging me to make a zombie map but I can't without dispensers, and he said no to dispensers.
[world]plus-house[/world]