• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Universal inventory - Transfer your items between worlds!

inventory universal same transfer items ender chest chest settings menu

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Martan
    Martan

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 275 posts
  • Minecraft: Martan

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:14 AM

Since I have no experience with java I though that I just might share this with you guys, and maybe someone will be able to develop this Posted Image

My idea is basically that when you change the world you're playing in you still get to keep your items in another world. Like a global inventory. I often find myself creating new world and I don't feel like cheating in the new ones because that would take away the fun of doing it yourself and I'm too lazy to cheat. But if you instead get to keep your items it would feel like you're just playing in different realms. Another thing that could be added is a different type of ender chest that works across the worlds. This will also make it easier to transfer items to different worlds.

There should be a toggle option in the menu so that you can enable/disable share inventory for that specific map.

Say that you want to have a map without your old inventory. When you create that world you can untick the share inventory option.

When creating a world
Posted Image

But hey! What if I want to use the global inventory on that map? Then just go in to the world menu and tick the little box.

Selecting worlds to share inventory in
Posted Image

But what about the old inventory on that map?

Well, I got no good solution for that yet. Maybe you old items could get placed in a chest at you latest location? That could probably work out. There's probably a better way of solving that issue but the chest is what I can come up with at the moment-

Feel free to post any ideas to this. And if you are a modder that wants to make this real, then please give me credit for the idea Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Martan
    Martan

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:15 PM

Anyone got any feedback?

darkmega
    darkmega

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:24 PM

View PostMartan, on 11 April 2013 - 03:15 PM, said:

Anyone got any feedback?

actually, I'm pretty sure starshadesjack did something like this although in a roundabout way which involved a chest which was linked to all worlds of the same player allowing them to transfer gear through those chests but only after you got the resources to build the chest itself or the item that only let you take the stuff out of it. (dunno if it's 1.5'd yet, but odds are it isn't.)

but I'm guessing you want a less fuss version that works on button clicks in the main menu or similar to how terraria's characters have their own inventory that goes with them between worlds. right?

edit: found it, but only 1.4.7 yet. guessing that won't do... but atleast the possibility of it being possible to achieve is there, yeah?

Martan
    Martan

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:52 PM

View Postdarkmega, on 11 April 2013 - 03:24 PM, said:

actually, I'm pretty sure starshadesjack did something like this although in a roundabout way which involved a chest which was linked to all worlds of the same player allowing them to transfer gear through those chests but only after you got the resources to build the chest itself or the item that only let you take the stuff out of it. (dunno if it's 1.5'd yet, but odds are it isn't.)

but I'm guessing you want a less fuss version that works on button clicks in the main menu or similar to how terraria's characters have their own inventory that goes with them between worlds. right?

edit: found it, but only 1.4.7 yet. guessing that won't do... but atleast the possibility of it being possible to achieve is there, yeah?

Yea, something like terraria :) and since there's a similar mod the chances actually look quite good :D for me this would have been golden to have an actual mod like this.

Someone that also could work with much less code is a clone another worlds inventory option in game. It wouldn't be as efficent as my previous idea but it's less work :P

darkmega
    darkmega

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:13 PM

View PostMartan, on 11 April 2013 - 03:52 PM, said:

Yea, something like terraria Posted Image and since there's a similar mod the chances actually look quite good Posted Image for me this would have been golden to have an actual mod like this.

Someone that also could work with much less code is a clone another worlds inventory option in game. It wouldn't be as efficent as my previous idea but it's less work Posted Image

actually, a lame alternative is to use the inventory saving feature of NEI to save a set inventory you want to transfer to a world then go to that world and load the inventory then use it and then before leaving saving over the original one and taking that to another. provided you can remember to do so that will generally have the same effect as a terraria style persistent inventory. ;)

Martan
    Martan

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:14 PM

View Postdarkmega, on 11 April 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

actually, a lame alternative is to use the inventory saving feature of NEI to save a set inventory you want to transfer to a world then go to that world and load the inventory then use it and then before leaving saving over the original one and taking that to another. provided you can remember to do so that will generally have the same effect as a terraria style persistent inventory. Posted Image
Haha, that's true ;) But that's where this mod comes in :D

black_fro_samurai

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:09 PM

actually there is a program you can download called invedit to copy and edit players inventory however i do not know if you can use it for servers?

Chaos_Therum
  • Minecraft: Chaos_Therum

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:24 AM

What would be really great is if there was a mod similar to iron chests mod with the expanded chests iron, gold, diamond etc. but each chest you could assign a unique id to sorta like how you assign frequencies to tesseracts and wireless redstone except it would be a crossworld frequency I love the idea of this because I have to restart worlds so often due to installing new mods that it would be awesome to just carry everything over
{MMFWCL}
Posted Image

AngleWyrm

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:58 AM

Get NEI (Not Enough Items), then hit E for your inventory screen. There is a series of SAVE INVENTORY buttons on the left (switch to creative mode if you don't see them.)

Save your current inventory by pressing one of those buttons. You can even name that inventory setup.

Then load another game, and press the button to load that inventory into your character.

I use this system to create a starting equipment kit.