Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

How to lower the ping when connecting to a Minecraft_server.exe

high ping how to help minecraft_server

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

UgPunkRocker

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:32 PM

Hey Guys and Gals, wondering if someone could give me some advice on a problem im having with connecting to a friends Minecraft server.
We're both connected to his Hamachi,
When im in the lobby about to choose which server i want to join and hover the mouse over the the connection strength it says around 1200ms. i know this is stupidly high and also explains why i cant even pick up block most of the time.

my question is how do i lower the ping on my end?

he is running the server on a brand new computer and can join himself with 23-45 ping.
we have tried dedicating more ram to both his server and my minecraft.exe with no difference in the Ping on my end.

I know alot of people are saying to port forward 25565 and ive tried doing that both manually and with Portforwarding.com and there program to automaticly forward the ports, and whenever i check of the port is open with http://www.yougetsignal.com it says its still closed.

ive also tried making a rule for my norton 360 firewall and this doesnt seem to do much either?

is there something im missing?

Thanks

Register or log in to remove.

NuclearSoftworks
  • Minecraft: mike7002555

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:56 PM

View PostUgPunkRocker, on 10 April 2013 - 12:32 PM, said:

Hey Guys and Gals, wondering if someone could give me some advice on a problem im having with connecting to a friends Minecraft server.
We're both connected to his Hamachi,
When im in the lobby about to choose which server i want to join and hover the mouse over the the connection strength it says around 1200ms. i know this is stupidly high and also explains why i cant even pick up block most of the time.

my question is how do i lower the ping on my end?

he is running the server on a brand new computer and can join himself with 23-45 ping.
we have tried dedicating more ram to both his server and my minecraft.exe with no difference in the Ping on my end.

I know alot of people are saying to port forward 25565 and ive tried doing that both manually and with Portforwarding.com and there program to automaticly forward the ports, and whenever i check of the port is open with http://www.yougetsignal.com it says its still closed.

ive also tried making a rule for my norton 360 firewall and this doesnt seem to do much either?

is there something im missing?

Thanks

Ping has nothing to do with CPU or RAM, it's called Latency. Meaning the total number of 'ms' is basically 'milliseconds' before action. 1200 MS = 1.2 seconds. Which is terrible, and I'd say completely unplayable in just about any game. Latency is caused by very bad networking. ISP, Distances Between eachother. There's nothing can you can really do about it except closing internet applications such as your Web-Browser, UTorrent, skype, etc. The only time Latency would be caused by the hardware is if it's overloaded and it's not sending the data correctly. But if he/she can play on the server fine then it's the connection.
Software Engineer for Linux and Technician since 08'.
Take a look at my game projects.