Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Dispenser/Dropper Question - Automated Farming

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

gamergeek84
  • Minecraft: gamergeek84

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:54 PM

I'm attempting to build an automated farm without using someone else's design. I want something I can run from a control room where I tell it to harvest crops, plant crops, feed animals, kill animals, etc. The problem I'm running into is that I don't know how to plant crops or feed animals without actually right clicking the ground/animal. Is this something dispensers and droppers can do, or is player interaction required for these processes?

Register or log in to remove.

rodabon
    rodabon

End Dweller

• Members
  • 7187 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:03 PM

Feeding and planting are still manual operations so no way to automate them.  At least yet.
Re: 3D Minecraft - Anyone tried it?
by c0yote  

I tried it with terrible results. I gave my wife my glasses for a second, a creeper showed up and now my wife is pregnant.
Stupid 3D..

Satan130
  • Minecraft: Satan130

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:08 AM

as far as i know, this is an exhaustive list of things that can be automated:

-drops from witches, endermen, zombie pigs, slimes, spiders, zombies, skellys, wither skellys and creepers. rare drops excluded. Can still get records.
-iron
-roses
-chicken(cooked or otherwise)
-eggs
-feathers
-pumpkins
-mellons
-reads
-mushrooms
-cobbel(using creeper explosions out of a mob trap. good luck with that)

by automate i mean you could leave it sitting unattended forever and it would keep creating that material.

can anyone think of anything else?
Posted Image

ConorDash

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:46 AM

Using the dropper, you can bonemeal a crop (wheat) and I'm not sure whether you can seed it with a dropper either..
I've seen a semi-automatic crop machine somewhere.. Was a youtube of a guys "Piston house".

Why can't you do it to mobs? Stand in one place, mob spawns on spawner (found naturally, those mobs with a spawner) they follow water canals.. drop somewhere, die, drop goes in hopper and in chest. That'll work.
No way to do with animals... You can't breed them automatically. The only automation you could do with that could be to breed the room of animals manually, as much as you want, then just a few pistons to release water from the roof, push animals down to a certain place which then drops them, die, drops go in hoppers. Or, even better, drop them through a blade of lava and they die, drops go in hoppers, cooked pork or steak :).