• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.5.2][Forge] The Herbology Mod Ver. 1.1.2 - Bugs corrected. New herbal growth. New ingredient info system!

herbal medicine mod herbology brewing forge minecraft food 1.5.2

• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

CaptainFord

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:53 AM

Posted Image

The Herbology Mod is a new way to approach medicine and brewing in Minecraft! Plant lovers will finally be able to make some powerful new medicines and hunt down and harvest for a large number of ingredients. And with over 16 new herbs to find, there's plenty to explore and try out before finding something that works for you!

Features:
Spoiler:

Mod Reviews:
Spoiler:

Download Links:
Spoiler:

How to install:
Spoiler:
Changelog:
Spoiler:

To-do List:
Spoiler:

Known Issues/Future Add-ons:
Spoiler:

Disclaimer/Legal Stuff:
Spoiler:

Mod Pack Usage
You're free to use the Herbology Mod in any sort of mod pack or whatever else you have conjured up regarding mods (websites, videos, etc.), I'm not very tight-fisted about how my work gets shared.  And if you'd be so kind as to give a nod my way to indicate "This guy made it. You might wanna check him out, if you have the time." I'd appreciate that as well. Have fun with it!

Spread the word!
If you know someone who can't get enough plantlife, how about sharing it with them, or hanging this lovely banner somewhere on your signature? With a concept like this, there's always room for expansion! Look, I even simplified things for you! Just copy this code into your signature and BAM!

Posted Image

[URL=http://bit.ly/13G7mLc][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/HxHTLY5.png[/IMG][/URL]

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Legoguy88

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:18 AM

This looks amazing! I will get it!
Please click my dragons!
Posted Image

QuadroMan1

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:22 AM

My new Minecraft series features this mod, I don't when I'll get to it but I'll try to soon!

Posted Image

ChickenNuggster

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:52 AM

Cool Mod if you ever need help with development I'm happy to help. Also I just started a YouTube a few days ago and I'm going to make a mod review tomorrow after work and hopefully it will be up by Wednesday morning.
Posted Image

YinTaiYang

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:45 AM

Gonna make a mod review maybe!

Come on, just click that subscribe button! I promise ya, you won't regret it :)

PorpoiseBrock
  • Minecraft: Im_a_Porpoise
  • Xbox:BrocksGen

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:16 AM

Awesome mod! I especially love the new potion effects with the herbal medicine. I hope you don't mind; I went ahead and made a video on it!

Thanks for the mod friend, it was really fun to play with.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xHxJnGVU3Y&feature=youtu.be"]]

You can subscrooble above.

Or not.

It's your choice, really.

YinTaiYang

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:27 AM

here is the video :D

CaptainFord

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:37 PM

View PostPorpoiseBrock, on 09 April 2013 - 06:16 AM, said:

Awesome mod! I especially love the new potion effects with the herbal medicine. I hope you don't mind; I went ahead and made a video on it!

Thanks for the mod friend, it was really fun to play with.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xHxJnGVU3Y&feature=youtu.be"]]

View PostYinTaiYang, on 09 April 2013 - 07:27 AM, said:

here is the video Posted Image

Geez, you guys are fast! Thanks so much for the great reviews, the main post has been updated to include your excellent work.
To the rest of you, THANK YOU for showing this mod such attention. The positive feedback is encouraging, and of course, suggestions for changes or bug reports are always welcome. I get to them as fast as I can!
Keep crafting, everyone!
Posted Image

Noxomra
    Noxomra

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 319 posts
  • Minecraft: NoxInEralon

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:58 PM

I often play with a friend who's into herbology in the real world, so I know she's gonna get a kick out of this! Time to add it to my world so we can play with it together. This is one amazing mod!
Posted Image

zombiepig333
  • Minecraft: zombiepig333

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:28 PM

This looks like it could be interesting, may I suggest a more in-depth system for the Herbologist's Field Guide, such as a gui in which information about each herb is recorded as you discover it?
My website that I try and keep updated: http://zombiepig333.com/

sevvie
    sevvie

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:06 PM

Oh this is so fantastic!! Every single time I'd see that "Herblore" mod I'd get so excited thinking there was an actual mod released that is like this one... only to be disappointed when I realized it was that weed mod. So you have officially just fulfilled my desire for this kind of mod. So thank you. Thank you so much.

You honestly have no idea how excited I am right now to give this a try.
StarGlade wuz heer.

Kasudain said:

Well, all major religions have a 'Hell' with flying jellyfish that throw fireballs. Duh.

QuadroMan1

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:06 PM

Lol have fun, AntVenom just did a mod review on this...
Posted Image

PawlyD101

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:08 PM

Antvenom sent me :)

XerainGaming

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:01 PM

Hey,

Awesome mod, it was a lot of fun trying out different combinations. Love the fact it also made grass more interesting XD

Moriki
    Moriki

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 535 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:01 PM

As an ecologist, and as a person who loves using natural cures, I am completely enamored by the idea, but, to be honest, some of the effects seem to be a tad bit OP, (basing it off of Antvenom's showcase), like the extended increased potency medicines. If it was toned down slightly, maybe making an increased potency reduce the duration, and vice versa,  like in vanilla, I would download it in an instant.

View Postzombiepig333, on 09 April 2013 - 06:28 PM, said:

This looks like it could be interesting, may I suggest a more in-depth system for the Herbologist's Field Guide, such as a gui in which information about each herb is recorded as you discover it?

That would be a nice touch.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Your brain is so powerful, it would take a state of the art computer the size of a factory to come even close to matching the processing power.

CaptainFord

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:17 AM

Wow... I did not expect such results when I made this mod. It makes me wish I'd put a bit more into the official release. Reviews by some big names like AntVenom and XerainGaming are a pretty big deal, considering I haven't been out modding all that long. I've updated the main post with their reviews, feel free to check them out.

View Postsevvie, on 09 April 2013 - 07:06 PM, said:

Oh this is so fantastic!! Every single time I'd see that "Herblore" mod I'd get so excited thinking there was an actual mod released that is like this one... only to be disappointed when I realized it was that weed mod. So you have officially just fulfilled my desire for this kind of mod. So thank you. Thank you so much.

You honestly have no idea how excited I am right now to give this a try.
Funny enough, I started this mod having seen the Herblore mod and being shocked that is was actually about weed, not herbs. And having seen a number of folks state how sad they were to find the same, I thought I'd fill in the niche and make a mod to suit those tastes. I certainly hope you enjoy it. :)

For those wondering, yes, most of the herbs are supposed to be brewable, but due to learning how the code for brewing works in the process of trying to make them brewable, a large number of them can only be used for making awkward, mundane or thick potions. My apologies on this oversight, I'll get to work fixing that as soon as I can.
Speaking of the code for brewing, it can go jump in a well. Seriously, I was practically pulling my hair out trying to make heads and tails of it (I'm not as hot a programmer as some other mod makers, though I do my best). In fact, it was such an exercise in frustration that I eventually gave up, set most of the herb ingredients to mimic their Vanilla counterparts (most of the ingredients were meant to ) and delved into making the medicine crafting system currently in the mod. As a result, some of the ingredient code may be left somewhat incomplete.
In fact, there are still 4 more plants and their ingredients (Geranium, Hibiscus, Nettle and Opium) still sitting in the code from where I stopped, which were some of the more negative status effects, largely intact. If folks really want, I can go back and add them into the mod for the next update, but they'll really only have a use in brewing potions, since I haven't conjured up a way to make throwable herbal powders yet.

In any case, thanks for all the support, guys. It's a big boon to know folks are interested in the work I put out; it motivates me to make them the best they can be, and rewarding to know you guys are having fun with it.
Posted Image

Slycooper2

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:26 AM

Yes! I've always wanted a mod that added herbs and stuff for potions. The vanilla potion system is harder to work with but... I dunno I like the idea of having to venture out and collect rare (or not so rare) herbs to create your remedies.

DeWolf
    DeWolf

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:37 AM

is there a version of this mod for 1.4.7. (I'm asking because I'm probably am not going to update for a while legitametly)

cockatricevenom
  • Minecraft: Cockatricevenom

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:27 AM

Wow! Another excellent mod made by my favorite mod maker! I've always wondered why they haven't already made a mod like this! You always do an excellent job at everything you do! :iapprove:

Posted Image

YinTaiYang

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:39 AM

Oh crap. I messed up. REUPLOADING!