Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

HOW TO CHANGE SKIN IN MCPE WITHOUT JAILBREAK?

skin mcpe how to

  • Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1

vampire900
  • Location: Pakistan
  • Minecraft: fuzzy88
  • Xbox:budder123

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:46 PM

PLZ TELL ME!!!!!!!!!


HOW TO CHANGE SKIN IN MCPE WITHOUT JAILBREAK?


              DEAR, JAILBREAKERPosted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

YOU CAN'T USE JAILBREAK. JAILBREAK WILL DESTROY YOUR IPOD, IPHONE AND IPAD. Posted Image Posted Image I AM RIGHT. BE NON JAILBREAKER.

Register or log in to remove.

#2

Flinters
    Flinters

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:25 PM

There are no external programs I know of for Pocket Edition, either that or I am behind.

You have to be Steve I think.

#3

vampire900
  • Location: Pakistan
  • Minecraft: fuzzy88
  • Xbox:budder123

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:09 PM

View PostFlinters, on 08 April 2013 - 01:25 PM, said:

There are no external programs I know of for Pocket Edition, either that or I am behind.

You have to be Steve I think.
no, i have to be skydoesminecraft



#4

Flinters
    Flinters

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:38 PM

View Postvampire900, on 08 April 2013 - 03:09 PM, said:

no, i have to be skydoesminecraft


Why?

#5

StealthBravo
    StealthBravo

    The Grim Reaperator

  • Sectional Moderator
  • 3465 posts
  • Location: Michigan
  • Minecraft: StealthBravo

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:37 PM

View Postvampire900, on 08 April 2013 - 12:46 PM, said:

PLZ TELL ME!!!!!!!!!


HOW TO CHANGE SKIN IN MCPE WITHOUT JAILBREAK?


  DEAR, JAILBREAKERPosted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

YOU CAN'T USE JAILBREAK. JAILBREAK WILL DESTROY YOUR IPOD, IPHONE AND IPAD. Posted Image Posted Image I AM RIGHT. BE NON JAILBREAKER.
This can be done with iExplorer if I'm correct. Google it a bit and you may be able to find a tutorial. I found a few, but peoples' experiences were mixed with the methods, so I'm not gonna link you to a video because who knows if it even works.

And jailbreaking does not destroy your iDevice. I've been jailbroken for 3 years with no issues whatsoever...

#6

Kitsune
    Kitsune

    Obsidian Miner

  • Members
  • 1424 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:51 PM

Okay, so first, get your skin on your computer. It should look something like this, but smaller:
Spoiler:
After getting your skin, rename it "char.png" without the quotes. download a program called iExplorer (Side note: you also need to have iTunes installed on your computer. You don't do anything in it, but it's required for iExplorer to work.). Plug in your iDevice. Once your iDevice is connected to your computer, open up iExplorer. Go to your applications (In iExplorer), and open up Minecraft  PE. Once you've done this, open up minecraftpe.app. put your char.png in this folder. If it asks you to overwrite the existing char.png (the current Stevie skin) say yes. Go to your iDevice and kill MCPE in the multitask bar. Reopen it, and you should now have your new skin.

#7

shaunmike

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:21 AM

HOW TO CHANGE SKIN IN MCPE WITHOUT JAILBREAK?

#8

vampire900
  • Location: Pakistan
  • Minecraft: fuzzy88
  • Xbox:budder123

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:58 PM

View PostTheQuickBrownFox, on 08 April 2013 - 10:51 PM, said:

Okay, so first, get your skin on your computer. It should look something like this, but smaller:
Spoiler:
After getting your skin, rename it "char.png" without the quotes. download a program called iExplorer (Side note: you also need to have iTunes installed on your computer. You don't do anything in it, but it's required for iExplorer to work.). Plug in your iDevice. Once your iDevice is connected to your computer, open up iExplorer. Go to your applications (In iExplorer), and open up Minecraft  PE. Once you've done this, open up minecraftpe.app. put your char.png in this folder. If it asks you to overwrite the existing char.png (the current Stevie skin) say yes. Go to your iDevice and kill MCPE in the multitask bar. Reopen it, and you should now have your new skin.
thanks

#9

DiaMonD_SKuLL
  • Location: Da Nether......

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:47 AM

iexplorer or  ifunbox dont support changing skins or texture packs. any default files
Feel free to check out my YouTube channel http://www.youtube.c...athByDiamondsMC

#10

XpLiCiT_L3G3NDZ

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:49 PM

You cant apple programmed it so that you could not modify anything on the phone without it either not booting or app continuously crashing
Posted Image

#11

DraconovaGaming
  • Location: PHILIPPINES
  • Minecraft: ERROR
  • Xbox:ERROR..

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:26 AM

i have used iexplorer and i-funbox before when i was not jailbroken so i think it works. if not, maybe they changed how it works
(p.s, that was 1 year ago)
I am the leader of the team CompactX. Click the banner to see awesome stuff
Posted Image       Credits to Tynoxlp for my avatar and banner!

#12

vampire900
  • Location: Pakistan
  • Minecraft: fuzzy88
  • Xbox:budder123

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:55 AM

View PostFlinters, on 08 April 2013 - 06:38 PM, said:

Why?
because i am  skydoesminecraft's fan. skydoesminecraft said if you my fan then i will give you my skin

#13

dddash
    dddash

    Redstone Miner

  • Members
  • 524 posts
  • Location: Mental Institute
  • Minecraft: dddash_dm

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:47 AM

View Postvampire900, on 09 April 2013 - 02:58 PM, said:

thanks
You can do this without a computer if you use ifile
Posted Image
Please check out the Black Edge Project, hosted by Demeter, Hexdro, Junyi, and Me(dddash). We would appreciate the donations so feel free to donate :D

#14

Temena
    Temena

    Diamond Miner

  • Members
  • 891 posts
  • Location: Corona SDK working on ma apps
  • Minecraft: Temena
  • Xbox:Temena

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:55 PM

View PostXpLiCiT_L3G3NDZ, on 15 April 2013 - 05:49 PM, said:

You cant apple programmed it so that you could not modify anything on the phone without it either not booting or app continuously crashing

I used this method for 2 years now with iFunbox. Trust me, it works.

View Postdddash, on 21 April 2013 - 06:47 AM, said:

You can do this without a computer if you use ifile

iFile requires jailbreak. He is against jailbreak (along with me)! :)

View PostDiaMonD_SKuLL, on 12 April 2013 - 05:47 AM, said:

iexplorer or  ifunbox dont support changing skins or texture packs. any default files

I use it and it has worked fine for 2 years.

View PostDraconovaGaming, on 16 April 2013 - 07:26 AM, said:

i have used iexplorer and i-funbox before when i was not jailbroken so i think it works. if not, maybe they changed how it works
(p.s, that was 1 year ago)

Haven't changed it yet! :)
Posted Image
Follow me on Twitter: @TemenaPE I am a game developer :D Check it out here GROUP DISBANDED!

#15

dddash
    dddash

    Redstone Miner

  • Members
  • 524 posts
  • Location: Mental Institute
  • Minecraft: dddash_dm

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:52 AM

View PostTemena, on 25 April 2013 - 11:55 PM, said:



I used this method for 2 years now with iFunbox. Trust me, it works.



iFile requires jailbreak. He is against jailbreak (along with me)! :)



I use it and it has worked fine for 2 years.



Haven't changed it yet! :)
Sorry when I made this post I didn't know that haha
Posted Image
Please check out the Black Edge Project, hosted by Demeter, Hexdro, Junyi, and Me(dddash). We would appreciate the donations so feel free to donate :D

#16

Temena
    Temena

    Diamond Miner

  • Members
  • 891 posts
  • Location: Corona SDK working on ma apps
  • Minecraft: Temena
  • Xbox:Temena

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:06 AM

View Postdddash, on 26 April 2013 - 12:52 AM, said:

Sorry when I made this post I didn't know that haha

It's fine! :)
Posted Image
Follow me on Twitter: @TemenaPE I am a game developer :D Check it out here GROUP DISBANDED!

#17

vampire900
  • Location: Pakistan
  • Minecraft: fuzzy88
  • Xbox:budder123

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:44 AM

View Postdddash, on 21 April 2013 - 06:47 AM, said:

You can do this without a computer if you use ifile
but i updated iOS 6.1.3  so i can't use jailbreak

#18

dddash
    dddash

    Redstone Miner

  • Members
  • 524 posts
  • Location: Mental Institute
  • Minecraft: dddash_dm

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:35 AM

There are ways..........

View Postvampire900, on 08 June 2013 - 07:44 AM, said:

but i updated iOS 6.1.3  so i can't use jailbreak

Posted Image
Please check out the Black Edge Project, hosted by Demeter, Hexdro, Junyi, and Me(dddash). We would appreciate the donations so feel free to donate :D

#19

mooncriket
  • Location: somewhere in North America try and find me
  • Minecraft: Mooncricket42

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:26 PM

View PostTemena, on 25 April 2013 - 11:55 PM, said:



I used this method for 2 years now with iFunbox. Trust me, it works.
Hay maybe you can give a download link and is for iOS my mom thinks you have to have a Mac to change your skin on mcpe if you have a iOS device unless she's right please help almost all methods I trying require jailbreak I DON'T WANT TO JAILBREAK MY DEVICE.



iFile requires jailbreak. He is against jailbreak (along with me)! :)



I use it and it has worked fine for 2 years.



Haven't changed it yet! :)

I love Minecraft

#20

Temena
    Temena

    Diamond Miner

  • Members
  • 891 posts
  • Location: Corona SDK working on ma apps
  • Minecraft: Temena
  • Xbox:Temena

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:41 PM

View Postmooncriket, on 25 July 2013 - 10:26 PM, said:


I have always been against Jailbreak, until I learned what you can do. I jailbroke my iPod Touch 4G 3 days ago, and this is what I have;

Carrier Changer (Text in NC that says iPod)
WinterBoard (For applying themes)
iOS7 Theme (For WinterBoard)
Wifi Booster (WORKS AMAZING)
Barrel (Look it up, it's cool)
DeepEnd (3D Home Screen [SpringBoard])
Password Protected Folders (Self explanatory)
iFile (This is a file manage [No iFunbox or computer needed])
Volume Booster (Boosts vlume by %200 [Works])
And more (To much, to list)

PM if you want the semi-untethered Jailbreak I used.
Posted Image
Follow me on Twitter: @TemenaPE I am a game developer :D Check it out here GROUP DISBANDED!