Subaraki's Gravestone Mod
*Follow me on my twitter for update news about my mods ! *
Don't like loosing items on death ? Don't like dieing so fast ?
Health Charms might be a mod you like !
I. What does this mod do ?
When a player dies, a grave will pop up, containing a small honor message, your name and the items you have lost on death.
A grave will ALWAYS appear, no matter what. If you die above or in lava, the grave will search for any close solid block to spawn on. look in trivia section for more info on grave spawning
II. Graves, Grave Models and how to change them.
Their are 9 models available from which you can choose. Simply press 'M' on your keyboard and a menu showing off all graves pops up, letting you choose whichever grave you want. The model you choose will be remembered even after you log out.
The Key can be customized in Minecraft's Control Settings menu.
Graves always spawn facing east, but they can be rotated while sneaking (default, hold Shift key and right click block). They have 32 rotate stances. (every click makes it turn 11.5°)
Graves have a small chance of spawning a bunch of bones under your grave...
Destroy the block to gather some bones
III. Grave Inventory.
Graves come with an inventory that gets filled with the player's inventory when they die.
The items can be taken back in many ways :
- If the grave is dedicated to you :
- Right click the grave to open it's interface. You can take out any items you like
- Mine the grave. All items will be dropped, and you can pick them up.
- if the grave is from someone else :
- Right click the grave to open it's interface. You can loot 1 item. then the grave will be sealed, and no more items can be taken out.
- If the player from whom the gravestone is, and that player is offline, you can mine the grave. If the player is online, you can not
this is mainly to prevent grievers from placing graves everywhere.
-If a player takes away an item, the grave will be sealed to everyone, except the owner.
this means that 1, and only 1 item can be taken.
-In creative mode, you can fill graves with items.
III. b Grave Beams and Armor Rendering.
-the grave is your grave
-the grave has items
then the grave will emit a beam and help you to find it back easely.
If you died with armor on (helmet, chest), these armor items will be rendered on the bust grave !
-You can craft a Decorative grave too.
To set a grave, the grave will need some arguments.
It needs :
- a playername
- a death message/honor message
- a meta/type of grave model
- meta + a number from 1 to 9.
(tip: press M to take a look at the graves. they have their respective numbers )
example: /grave set meta 2
- name + a word (no spaces !! Artix all mighty is not a valid name. Artix_all_mighty is !)
example: /grave set name George.W.Bush
- message + a word. If you want to set a complete sentence, use ' _ ' to space the words ! example: /grave set message I_was_more_Famous_then_my_dog_!
- message2 + a word. same as above. only this message will come AFTER the name.
-Or you can also craft some bones for fun and decorative ends.
no commentary, very pleasing to watch !!
Download 1.6.4 v1
-graves search the environement for solid blocks when you die in or above lava. The search method is not derpy, but kinda weird. so don't be surprised if your gravestone ends up on the other side of the pool, while you right next to a normal, solid block. an area of 100x100 will be scanned. this should be more then enough for any kind of situation.
known bugs :
- there are no aknowledged bugs.
many thanks to futureCraftLP for making the 'Classic Grave' and Making the base of 'Pillar' graves
Thanks to bossnoodle for his Angel Model that inspired me to make my own !