• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Xenesius
    Xenesius

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:09 PM

I want to spice Minecraft up a bit, we all know vanilla Minecraft is great, but adding new mods will keep the game fresh and provide more hours of entertainment.

I enjoy mods which add challenges to the game, and mods that add a lot of features, so if you know any please suggest them! I would be very grateful :).

Register or log in to remove.

Master_of_Darkness
  • Minecraft: mod1982

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:44 PM

Each to their own dude, I don't use gameplay-affecting mods unless it's something like Tekkit.

The only mods I use are Optifine, Rei's Minimap and Better Animations. Optifine everyone knows, Rei's Minimap is a very useful location logger, and Better Animations is just awesome full stop.

Sorry if this isn't very helpful, just throwing in my $0.02.
Posted Image
Click the image to go to my Youtube channel! Now over 1,000 subscribers and growing fast!

SilverSonic19

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:26 AM

The mods that I use:
Single Player Commands (With World Edit!)
Damage Indicators Mod
Cyberfuch's More Ores+Coins Mod
Jammy Furniture Mod (To make a more homely hideaway!)
Hope this helped!
-SilverSonic19

0strichGuy11
  • Minecraft: mrostrichman
  • Xbox:lolconsole

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:37 AM

Computercraft. http://www.computercraft.info/

If you want nothing to do with programming you may not like it. But if you want to start learning to program or you know how to, this is pretty fun to play with. It uses LUA.

teambacons
  • Minecraft: TeamBacons

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:38 AM

Mods I use:
  • Optifine
  • Divine RPG (If you really want a challenging, game-changing mod, Divine RPG is really awesome!)
  • SPC with World Edit
  • NEI
  • RPG Inventory
  • Damage Indicators
I'm looking for some cool new mods as well, though.
Posted Image

unitys
    unitys

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:37 AM

I find The clay soldiers mod very amusing, Also i used to play with minecolony but that takes a long time to update.

Or else you could try millenaire mod?

Frog81
    Frog81

Enderdragon Slayer

• Members
  • 10470 posts
  • Minecraft: frog81
  • Xbox:Gorfeywog

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:43 AM

I'd recommend... Eh, really depends on what you want out of it. DivineRPG is good, but transforms the game completely into an RPG... I personally just use FTB, although that is still not updated to 1.5.
Posted ImagePosted Image

TYTHERDGOON
  • Minecraft: TYTHERDGOON
  • Xbox:URLEFT4DEAD

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:28 PM

Better Then Wolves is pretty good.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD

SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE

DevilOfEnderDragon

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:52 PM

TooManyItems + MC Forge + Any mod that is in this forum,cause they all are awesome,is this a wrong combo for OP? :/

painter73

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:24 PM

View PostXenesius, on 04 April 2013 - 06:09 PM, said:

I want to spice Minecraft up a bit, we all know vanilla Minecraft is great, but adding new mods will keep the game fresh and provide more hours of entertainment.

I enjoy mods which add challenges to the game, and mods that add a lot of features, so if you know any please suggest them! I would be very grateful Posted Image.
1. Mo'creatures 1.5.1 v5.0.4 -this adds a WHOLE LOT of animals and mobs too.. lots of fun
   - to use mod you will also need:
    1.custom mob spawner 1.12.2
    2.GuiApi-0.15.4-1.5.1 (this is for single player-client only ..    do not add this if for server)
    Install is easy just put the Gui in coremods folder and then put custom mob spawner and mo'creatures in the mods folder. For best results start a new world if not a fresh jar so everything spawns correctly.

2.DungeonPack 1.5.1 v1 universal- this will add HUGE dugeons all over the world for you with lots of spawners and goodies(alot are under shallow water surfaces)
    -install dugeonpack: just drag or copy zip download to your mods folder

3.Ruins_1.5.1- This adds different old ruins, left ships, hot air balloons, etc. usually with spawners and chest left inside (except ballons)
  install ruins: click on zip file download then click on setup, then click on the mods folder. copy or drag ALL 3 folders(including resources) into your mods folder.

4. twilightforest 1.17.1- this one adds a whole new dimension to the game with forest mazes, giant trees(hollow with vines inside to climb up), and mob bosses in giant castles to fight(if you can find them) Lots of mobs and fun.
  install twilightforest: just copy or drag downloaded zip file right into your mods folder.
ps. to make a portal dig a 2x2 square in ground(only 1 block deep) and fill with water until it is still water(usually 5 buckets) then surround every square with flowers(don't matter what kind red or yellow) 10 in all around water, then throw 1 diamond into the water.

these are 4 of my favorites i have, i hope you try them out. they make everything pretty interesting. they all require forge to install so make sure you have the latest one, other then that they are super easy to install. Enjoy

Frog81
    Frog81

Enderdragon Slayer

• Members
  • 10470 posts
  • Minecraft: frog81
  • Xbox:Gorfeywog

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:52 PM

View PostDevilOfEnderDragon, on 05 April 2013 - 01:52 PM, said:

TooManyItems + MC Forge + Any mod that is in this forum,cause they all are awesome,is this a wrong combo for OP? :/
Any mod? There are exceptions, take the Griefer Creepers mod. Someone might enjoy creepers effectively all being nuclear bombs, but the majority of people... No.
Posted ImagePosted Image

blue_bear_94
  • Minecraft: Fluffy8x

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:57 PM

I don't use many mods, because I often play on snapshots and pre-releases. During the times than I'm on any official release, I use:
  • Minecraft Forge
  • In-Game NBT Edit
  • Optifine
  • BetterFonts, if there is a release (which there currently isn't)

Posted Image

PHP
    PHP

The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything...

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Minecraft: PHP

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:59 PM

TooManyItems and Optifine are the two must-have modifications in any Minecraft client!
Posted Image

QuantumBlade

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:53 PM

If you're a fan of doctor who, then try the Dalek Mod. It's amazing!!

http://www.minecraft...d-060413-forge/

xSatuim
    xSatuim

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3101 posts
  • Minecraft: Satuim

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:05 PM

Anybody who likes old minecraft or is suffering from Internal Server
http://www.minecraft...aysnbxlite-ssp/
This account is unused!
NEW ACCOUNT

blue_bear_94
  • Minecraft: Fluffy8x

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:52 AM

View PostxSatuim, on 06 April 2013 - 11:05 PM, said:

Anybody who likes old minecraft or is suffering from Internal Server
http://www.minecraft...aysnbxlite-ssp/

I used this once in 1.4.6...
Posted Image

Redminingninja16

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:28 AM

I use single player commands, AssassinCraft, Minecraft forge and Custom npc's mod you should try those out!

Tweetytime
  • Minecraft: tweetytime

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:49 PM

Have alot of MY favorite mods that im using, i'll post them to see if you are interested in any. ALL are updated to 1.5.1 and require the latest Forge.

-Betterfurnaces v3                           (Really Like)
-Damage Indicators v2.5.7.1
-Reis Minimap v3.3.04
-Backpack Mod v1.7.8                 (Really Like)
-BetterFarming v.3.3.2 Universal
-CraftableSpawners G2 1513
-CraftGuide 1.6.6
-Clay Soldiers Mod v9.1.1  
-CustomNPCs
-Gui API v0.15.4
-Iron Chest v5.2.1.284              (Really Like)
-Magical Crops v.1.2.0.5BETA             (Really Like)
-SAP Manpack v141
-Timber Mod
TooManyItems v2013.03.23                   (Really Like)
Posted Image

HunnyPot123
  • Minecraft: honey1909

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:03 PM

You may not like my suggestion... But, at least try Mine Little Pony? It's an awesome mod and the animations are epic too! I'm pretty sure Verdana, (like all other mod creators) put a lot of work into it, and it wouldn't kill you to try it. I tried it, I became brony. :D
Posted Image
www.remypas.com epic

randomsteve

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:48 PM

If you're looking for mods who won't really change the vanilla minecraft, just improve it, you might want to take a look at:
-Optifine. Zoom function, full control about every graphical setting, and better perfomance.
-InvTweaks. Automaticly organizes your chests, and organizes your inventory when you press R. All fully Customizable.
-SOPHwolfs. wolfs have smarter movement( won't run into fire, run away from creepers), have different skin according to their spanwbiome, can be named, and will stop attacking if you hold shift+control.
-Timbermod. If you chop the bottom log of a tree with an axe, all the logs  will drop.
-Squirrels. adds squirrels, just like bats, who won't drop xp or drops.