• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Username and Password for minecraft server?

username password minecraft server minecraftserver.exe username and password network username and password help

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Pokelegend2001
  • Minecraft: Pokelegend2001
  • Xbox:EL1TELegend291

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:02 PM

Hiya,
I need abit of help with making my minecraft server, so Ive decided after ages of struggling on this to post and ask you guys for help. I am using the minecraftserver.exe, which i downloaded from minecraft.net. I have ran it and created the files, and am now at the point of where you have to type in your username and password. Ive tried the following:

username: admin  Password: admin
username: Password:
username: admin  Password:
username: admin  Password: password

These are combinations that people say that you should try in these boxes, but none of these combinations work. Apparently if its not any of these combinations, the password has been changed, but where should I get this password from? Ive asked everyone in my house but they all seem just as puzzled as I am about this. I do not want to have to reset anything like others suggest, so is there any way I can find out my name and password?

Any help is greatly appreciated as I really want my own minecraft server.
Thankyou in advance,
-Pokelegend2001

PS: I bet someone is gonna point out some really easy thing thatll make me feel like a noob fr not knowing in the first place x_x

Register or log in to remove.

eddieash

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:45 PM

Hey,

1. Ive never heard Minecraft_server.exe needs any password
2. i recommend downloading the .jar from minecraft.net

Kind Regards,
~Eddieash
Need any help with minecraft servers, mods, clients and anything else just contact me on Skype
Posted Image MinecraftAssistance

eastcoasthobo
  • Minecraft: OddNetNinD

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:49 PM

ya im pretty sure you messed up somewhere

SANNITYBUILD

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:50 PM

no password is required.

Syfaro
    Syfaro

Retired Guru

• Retired Staff
  • 5209 posts
  • Minecraft: Syfaro

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

For port forwarding your router?

Minecraft API - A JSON API for fetching information about Minecraft & Minecraft servers

Read my blog about tech stuff!

SharpMelon
  • Minecraft: SharpMelon

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:21 PM

View PostSyfaro, on 04 April 2013 - 04:32 PM, said:

For port forwarding your router?
I'm thinking the same as @Syfaro. Try contacting the person responsible for your network to help you with it. If you are living with your parents you should probably ask them if they got the login details. If any help is needed after getting in to the router then read thru this post first (really helpful stuff here). Either way remember you could always ask the forums. Good luck! Posted Image
If this post helped you then consider giving me some candy and click that tiny green button.

Pokelegend2001

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:37 PM

Yea sorry it took me so long to get back to all you guys, i think its for portforwarding my router i dont really know. I live with my parents and since none of the different usernames and passwords are working I assume the pass and username have been changed. I asked them both and they had no idea what I was asking about so.. i dont know what it is.
I downloaded the program I am using to make the server with from minecraft.net, heres a screen:
http://prntscr.com/zlzwa
I downloaded the first one there which is minecraftserver.exe, Ive got the files and launched it, Ive got the default gateway code and i have types it into the internet address bar which brings up a box asking for a username or password. Basically I was asking how do I find what to put in these boxes if my parents have no idea? By the way what is the minecraftserver.jar for? I havent got that file downloaded, I only have the minecraft server.exe.

Thanks for getting back to me so far, I hope I can eventually get this problem sorted out.
-Pokelegend2001
I feel like such a noob x_x

CptSpaceToaster

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:28 PM

Minecraft_Server.jar and .exe are essentially the same thing...  Keep with the .exe if it's your first time.

If you can't find your router's password, then it might be necessary to reset the router to it's default settings... Make sure your parents are ok with this.

Once you reset the router, you and your parents can find the "security" tab and create a new password you both will remember.
Next, you'll need to port forward... I've got a post around here about that, give me a moment to dig it up:

Edit: Click "Show"  I'll try to show you how to port forward
Spoiler:

Posted Image

What about naturally occurring Rave Stone?

GrantKH
    GrantKH

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • Minecraft: Grantlyk

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:32 PM

Let it also be pointed out that several different ISP's (Internet service providers) use different default passwords, forexample British Sky Broadcasting use the combination Username: admin password: sky for theirs - If you reset your router to default and then google what your routers basic username and password is, i'm sure you can find it

*This post is going on the assumption that you're using the router your ISP provided
Posted Image
Email me at [email protected] or visit our site at www.koansystems.co.uk

SharpMelon
  • Minecraft: SharpMelon

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:15 PM

Also if nothing works you could try this tool that utilizes your routers UPnP, well if you got that feature on your router. However this piece of software will help you with the ports without having to get into a router. Some users are claiming this works fine others that they have problems with UPnP, have not tried it myself but it may work. :)
If this post helped you then consider giving me some candy and click that tiny green button.

Pokelegend2001

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:19 PM

Ok,
Thankyou for the link SharpMelon, I will try that and will reply again if it works :)
I dont really know about the router thing.. This might sound a weird question, but what is a router and where would it be located in my house xD sorry for such a noobish question but I dont know much about routers and stuff.. I know where the thing i use to connect to the internet is, but I dont think thats it. I was hoping not to have to reset anything, because I dont think my parents will let me :(
I am on sky, so I shall try your suggestion GrantKH, as I havent tryed that one yet. If everything else fails, I will try SharpMelons suggestion, and if that fails.. Im screwed until I understand more about routers and stuff :(

Thankyou everyone for your help and replies, I am glad to get so much help because I wasnt really expecting much and this is my first topic I have started :)
-Pokelegend2001

Ic3Cr34m
    Ic3Cr34m

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 497 posts
  • Minecraft: k1ngqu33n
  • Xbox:Polar Regret
  • PSN:fantasybot

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:28 PM

Your family members/whoever own's the router/modem could of changed the password.
I would recommend getting the username and password from whoever has control of the router/modem.

If nothing works out, try looking up the default logins for your router/modem on Google.
Posted Image

Pokelegend2001

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:35 PM

Yay!!!
Thanks everyone who helped me, and GrantKH, your combonation worked :D
Im really happy Ive gotten my username and pass to my router done now, but what next..
Jump over one hurdle to find another one.. keeps happening :/
So.. now ive gotten onto that what now?
-Pokelegend2001

CptSpaceToaster

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:12 AM

View PostPokelegend2001, on 09 April 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Yay!!!
Thanks everyone who helped me, and GrantKH, your combonation worked Posted Image
Im really happy Ive gotten my username and pass to my router done now, but what next..
Jump over one hurdle to find another one.. keeps happening :/
So.. now ive gotten onto that what now?
-Pokelegend2001

I had posted this bit earlier, but you probably had missed it.  Here it is again!

Click "Show"  I'll try to show you how to port forward.. This is the next step involved after you have logged into your router
Spoiler:

Edit: I love spoiler tags!

Posted Image

Pokelegend2001

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:09 AM

View PostCptSpaceToaster, on 10 April 2013 - 03:12 AM, said:

I had posted this bit earlier, but you probably had missed it.  Here it is again!

Click "Show"  I'll try to show you how to port forward.. This is the next step involved after you have logged into your router
Spoiler:

Edit: I love spoiler tags!

LOL Thankyou for reposting that I'll go check it out now :D

Pokelegend2001

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:18 AM

Hmmm...
Ive just read that thing you posted CptSpaceToaster, and I think I understand what I need to do now. Only problem is, (Ugh another problem!) I cant seem to find the page to use for portforwarding on my router page.. Im on sky, so if anyone could tell me how to do it on sky thatd be great, but if you need a few screens of all the things I can click on my page Ill show you and you can tell me what to do.
I will continue to check out my router page and I might find it.. eventually! xD
Thanks alot,
-Pokelegend2001

CptSpaceToaster

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:31 PM

View PostPokelegend2001, on 10 April 2013 - 07:18 AM, said:

Hmmm...
Ive just read that thing you posted CptSpaceToaster, and I think I understand what I need to do now. Only problem is, (Ugh another problem!) I cant seem to find the page to use for portforwarding on my router page.. Im on sky, so if anyone could tell me how to do it on sky thatd be great, but if you need a few screens of all the things I can click on my page Ill show you and you can tell me what to do.
I will continue to check out my router page and I might find it.. eventually! xD
Thanks alot,
-Pokelegend2001

Did you check out portforward.com (It was linked in that post)

Select your Router make and model
Posted Image

Select that you're port forwarding a Minecraft Server:
Posted Image

It should spit out a guide for you!

Posted Image

Pokelegend2001

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:45 PM

My router doesnt appear to be on there =/
Im on sky and I checked Im pretty sure its not there.

I do have hamachi, but it was the last thing I really wanted to do because apparently its really laggy. If theres an easier way with hamachi I wont mind that..

CptSpaceToaster

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

View PostPokelegend2001, on 14 April 2013 - 01:45 PM, said:

My router doesnt appear to be on there =/
Im on sky and I checked Im pretty sure its not there.

I do have hamachi, but it was the last thing I really wanted to do because apparently its really laggy. If theres an easier way with hamachi I wont mind that..

I understand that Sky is your internet provider, and they have even installed a router to go along with your service.  Please understand that this is not "Sky's Router", or a router manufactured by Sky.  They simply chose one of the many routers out there and used it in your installation.  Look around the router, check the label, google an ID or serial number if you have to.  You'll find that Sky did not directly make the router you are using.

Chances are that its either a Netgear DG934G or a Sagem F@ST 2504.  Do your best to find out, then use port forward to look up one of those two routers.
Posted Image
Once you know what model router you have (hint... it won't be made by Sky) then find the guide for your router... here's the two that you most likely have.

How to port forward Minecraft for the Sagem 2504: http://portforward.c...raft_Server.htm
How to port forward Minecraft for the Netgear DG934G: http://portforward.c...raft_Server.htm

Posted Image

Pokelegend2001

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:54 PM

Im so confused and I dont know how the hell to find out which it is. Would it possibly be easier to do it on Hamachi. If so can you tell me how?