Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

1.5.2?


  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1

GoGoGadgetMan77
    GoGoGadgetMan77

    The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything...

  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:45 PM

I've seen several things both on this site and the mojang site about the 1.5.2 update but really no info at all to what it plans on accomplishing. I ask because we all know the 1.5 update got rid of the original multi-item droppers and dispensers, I'm hoping they don't plan to change some of the other things such as the one method left to create multi-item droppers or even the glitch with signs that prevent water from going past them. Anybody have any idea? or a link to better info?

Register or log in to remove.

#2

Odiefrom
    Odiefrom

    Redstone Miner

  • Members
  • 568 posts
  • Location: Minecraft
  • Minecraft: Odiefrom
  • Xbox:Zeoc1

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:50 PM

Well, the only thing that has been said is development on the Realms project.  So don't expect big changes.  And some of those things you listed are standard things in Minecraft, that won't ever be changed...

#3

jpmrocks
    jpmrocks

    Blaze Extinguisher

  • Members
  • 4149 posts
  • Location: Amplified Hardcore Fortress
  • Minecraft: jpmrocks
  • Xbox:WiiU is jpmrocks
  • PSN:WiiU is jpmrocks

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:59 PM

1.5.2 I believe is just Realms updates. But I know jeb has been working on 1.6, so there may not be a 1.5.2...

Posted Image


#4

FlexyVisions
  • Location: The World of Minecraftia
  • Minecraft: FLEX_VISIONS
  • Xbox:I haz a Ps3

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:19 PM

1.5.2 will Probably be a bug fix, or just a couple of new blocks. Nothing special.
Posted Image <-- Join Now!

#5

GoGoGadgetMan77
    GoGoGadgetMan77

    The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything...

  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:16 PM

View PostOdiefrom, on 03 April 2013 - 02:50 PM, said:

Well, the only thing that has been said is development on the Realms project.  So don't expect big changes.  And some of those things you listed are standard things in Minecraft, that won't ever be changed...

I have to say I disagree with the later, as we all thought the multi-item droppers/dispensers was a feature and 1.5 eliminated the common forms. In fact if you search youtube for multi-item dispensers every single one of those methods no longer work. Plus The sign holding back water is certainly a glitch, not a feature, because using the signs to hold water makes cauldrons 100% pointless, since they only hold a limited supply of water. I know that I have never ever used one because I simply just use a sign to block off a little water, and then I have an unlimited supply. Which makes me wonder which update is going to ruin half of my complex machines, just as 1.5 update did.

#6

rodabon
    rodabon

    End Dweller

  • Members
  • 7187 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:55 PM

View PostGoGoGadgetMan77, on 03 April 2013 - 06:16 PM, said:

Plus The sign holding back water is certainly a glitch, not a feature, because using the signs to hold water makes cauldrons 100% pointless, since they only hold a limited supply of water. I know that I have never ever used one because I simply just use a sign to block off a little water, and then I have an unlimited supply. Which makes me wonder which update is going to ruin half of my complex machines, just as 1.5 update did.

If I remember correctly the way signs don't pop off when water hits them is a design decision not a bug.  Notch decided to not have that happen, I think mainly so that peoples carefully typed signs would not get popped off due to a mistake with water or someone trying to grief with water.  Ultimately though Mojang could change their mind about this.  It would cause a big uproar, but I can live with either way.

Why are you worrying about this stuff anyway?  A plane could land on your house any day.  You going to go through life worrying about that too?
Re: 3D Minecraft - Anyone tried it?
by c0yote  

I tried it with terrible results. I gave my wife my glasses for a second, a creeper showed up and now my wife is pregnant.
Stupid 3D..

#7

GoGoGadgetMan77
    GoGoGadgetMan77

    The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything...

  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:35 PM

View Postrodabon, on 03 April 2013 - 06:55 PM, said:

Why are you worrying about this stuff anyway?  A plane could land on your house any day.  You going to go through life worrying about that too?

Kind of a dick thing to say huh?

And I am worrying simply because the 1.5 update gave me a reason to worry. the 1.5 update made a lot of my best and most used machines pointless. And for that I was not prepared. So yes I would worry, because if it becomes a pattern then I probably won't play minecraft much anymore, much less invest my money on minecraft realms. Why would I spend hours designing this and that only to have them become useless a few months later. Seems like a big pointless waste of time to me.

But I guess life just wouldn't be life if trolls like you didn't spend all day trying to make others feel as stupid as you obviously feel about yourself. so go troll, keep up the good work!

#8

rodabon
    rodabon

    End Dweller

  • Members
  • 7187 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:48 PM

View PostGoGoGadgetMan77, on 03 April 2013 - 07:35 PM, said:

Kind of a dick thing to say huh?

And I am worrying simply because the 1.5 update gave me a reason to worry. the 1.5 update made a lot of my best and most used machines pointless. And for that I was not prepared. So yes I would worry, because if it becomes a pattern then I probably won't play minecraft much anymore, much less invest my money on minecraft realms. Why would I spend hours designing this and that only to have them become useless a few months later. Seems like a big pointless waste of time to me.

But I guess life just wouldn't be life if trolls like you didn't spend all day trying to make others feel as stupid as you obviously feel about yourself. so go troll, keep up the good work!

My point was that worrying about things you can't control isn't going to help.  Not trying to be any of the things you said.  Just chill and calm down.  Control what you can control and adapt to the things you can't.  Worrying is non-productive.
Re: 3D Minecraft - Anyone tried it?
by c0yote  

I tried it with terrible results. I gave my wife my glasses for a second, a creeper showed up and now my wife is pregnant.
Stupid 3D..