Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Tips on getting better FPS :)

ithelpedforme

  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1

GnTDmS
    GnTDmS

    Carpenter

  • Members
  • 47 posts
  • Location: Lithuania

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:21 PM

So,here are some steps:

1.Install OptiFine mod http://www.minecraft...-and-much-more/  It boosted my game so much!! from 30Fps to 70 Posted Image (on survival world!)

2.Allocate more memory to Java. www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNn_aLqZ-1Y
  it really helps a little bit,even more if you're using texture packs.

3.Download Razer Game Booster http://www.iobit.com.....er.html<br />  and this helped me alot too,closes unwanted programs.USE Ctrl+Alt+B Posted Image

4.Download Advanced System Care http://www.iobit.com.....er.html<br /> THIS is best tool,because it cleaned 20GBs junk files from my laptop Posted Image also cleaned more,i mean LOTS of things on my lappy Posted Image

5.Use fast graphics,avoid rain,also use less render distance,like small +23 (on optifine :3)

Also,you can use smaller texture packs,like 8x8 or 4x4,but I don't recommend it if these 5 tips works for you.

Results for me:
Before: Minecraft on default textures fast graphics normal render distance: 30 FPS
After: Minecraft on 128x textures almost maxed out far render distance: 60 FPS

If this helped,click that green thingy right-down this topic.

GLaD to Help Posted Image

P.S. Help me improve my English! Tell me what wrong (maybe) I did :3

Register or log in to remove.

#2

t3hkr3w
    t3hkr3w

    Carpenter

  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:51 PM

Thanks for the help, its a shame no one has said that yet, keep up the good work :)

#3

evanto90
    evanto90

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:17 AM

Optifine Helps ALOT Thanks for the help.
Posted Image

#4

Yabu3001
    Yabu3001

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:53 AM

View Postevanto90, on 03 April 2013 - 02:17 AM, said:

Optifine Helps ALOT Thanks for the help.

You Can also decrease your video settings to improve the fps,
without Optifine or any other mods I got 243fps with all the video settings down :D be sure to try it and add me as a friend :)
I am new to the forums
Posted Image

#5

GasaiYuno
  • Location: In The Mystery Land , Chatting with Entei
  • Minecraft: I'm not a guy !

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

Great work on helping everyone who didin't know how to boost up minecraft .

-Yosugo
Posted Image

#6

trollycraft

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:09 PM

Nice, it helped alot!

#7

GnTDmS
    GnTDmS

    Carpenter

  • Members
  • 47 posts
  • Location: Lithuania

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:48 PM

Glad it helps :P

#8

Marlesque
  • Location: Gucci store
  • Minecraft: InfinityWings

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:38 AM

Could you do a tutorial on how to install mods? I never have understood. I use WinZip and I have no idea whether to download Forge or ModLoader.

You can pay for school but you can't buy class.


#9

Chester07
  • Location: Philippines
  • Minecraft: Chester07

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:20 AM

I personally prefer CCleaner than Advanced System Care

Also, Razer Game Booster doesn't detect java games so you'll need to use MagicLauncher

#10

Gym_Leader_Blue
  • Location: #diamondhorseswagg
  • Minecraft: Gym_leader_blue
  • Xbox:PKMNTrainerRedO

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:40 AM

6. Use a dedicated gaming system something that has a i5 processor and about 1GB of dedicated video memory. (Provided it's not a chipset graphics)

Getting jelly of my diamond loot?


#11

GnTDmS
    GnTDmS

    Carpenter

  • Members
  • 47 posts
  • Location: Lithuania

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:22 PM

View PostBritishWings, on 14 April 2013 - 12:38 AM, said:

Could you do a tutorial on how to install mods? I never have understood. I use WinZip and I have no idea whether to download Forge or ModLoader.

Each mod is diffirent. So mod maker must have told what to use,forge,or modloader.
You can use mcpatcher or put files manually,in minecraft.jar

View PostChester07, on 14 April 2013 - 05:20 AM, said:


I personally prefer CCleaner than Advanced System Care

Also, Razer Game Booster doesn't detect java games so you'll need to use MagicLauncher

You don't need to press "boost" on razer,you have to press ctrl+alt+b to boost. :P

#12

shadowdrag0n
  • Location: Gensokyo
  • Minecraft: shadowdrag0n
  • Xbox:ArctiqTundra

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

If you have a desktop, you could also try upgrading your graphics card and installing more ram if possible. It might cost a pretty penny, but it could help a lot. I think ram costs $40-60 for about 4 gb. Unless you have an uber-good laptop (if you use a laptop), you might always have a bit of lag. And I'm not sure if it helps, but going to the task manager and finding the javaw process, try setting the priority to anything above the normal. This will make it have top priority over any other program and most of the memory (ram) of your computer will be sent to minecraft.

#13

Natecraft

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:30 PM

View PostGnTDmS, on 02 April 2013 - 03:21 PM, said:

2.Allocate more memory to Java. www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNn_aLqZ-1Y
  it really helps a little bit,even more if you're using texture packs.

Also,you can use smaller texture packs,like 8x8 or 4x4,but I don't recommend it if these 5 tips works for you.

Actually, for the allocate more memory to java the creator of Optifine (a pretty reliable source on optimization if you ask me) says DON'T allocate more memory to java (well, not necessarily ANY more, but not a lot more), because then it will just suck up all that memory without giving much performance increase and actually slow the computer down as a whole (including the game) because of java sucking up all your computer RAM (that background programs you can't shut down need)

For the 'low-res' texture packs, that doesn't actually have any difference at all unless you get a mod that allows you to install texture packs that are actually low-res.  All those low-res packs you see are really just 16x16 but the 'pixels' are just made twice as big.  So in reality it is a 16x16 texture pack that looks like an 8x8 (or 4x4) but it literally does nothing to impact performance, so you just end up using a pointless, low-res texture pack (unless you truly like that 8x8, then it's fine of course)

Just saying, nice job on all the (other) tips though!
ragnarock200: awesome, are those things with the creeper faces pistons or furnaces
Snowey1994: There dispensers

#14

GnTDmS
    GnTDmS

    Carpenter

  • Members
  • 47 posts
  • Location: Lithuania

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:15 PM

View Postshadowdrag0n, on 14 April 2013 - 03:56 PM, said:

If you have a desktop, you could also try upgrading your graphics card and installing more ram if possible. It might cost a pretty penny, but it could help a lot. I think ram costs $40-60 for about 4 gb. Unless you have an uber-good laptop (if you use a laptop), you might always have a bit of lag. And I'm not sure if it helps, but going to the task manager and finding the javaw process, try setting the priority to anything above the normal. This will make it have top priority over any other program and most of the memory (ram) of your computer will be sent to minecraft.

But what if there's a poor guy who can't buy anything and sits with a old pc? :P
Well,my laptop is pretty normal (costed ~900$),and on far fog it runs like a charm after 5 steps :P

View PostNatecraft, on 14 April 2013 - 06:30 PM, said:

Actually, for the allocate more memory to java the creator of Optifine (a pretty reliable source on optimization if you ask me) says DON'T allocate more memory to java (well, not necessarily ANY more, but not a lot more), because then it will just suck up all that memory without giving much performance increase and actually slow the computer down as a whole (including the game) because of java sucking up all your computer RAM (that background programs you can't shut down need)

For the 'low-res' texture packs, that doesn't actually have any difference at all unless you get a mod that allows you to install texture packs that are actually low-res.  All those low-res packs you see are really just 16x16 but the 'pixels' are just made twice as big.  So in reality it is a 16x16 texture pack that looks like an 8x8 (or 4x4) but it literally does nothing to impact performance, so you just end up using a pointless, low-res texture pack (unless you truly like that 8x8, then it's fine of course)

Just saying, nice job on all the (other) tips though!

If low res texture packs does not work,then why my fps when using 16x is 40,and when using 8x is..70? :D

#15

Awesomelf44
  • Location: New Mexico
  • Minecraft: Syliss
  • Xbox:Syliss1

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:55 PM

View PostGym_Leader_Blue, on 14 April 2013 - 09:40 AM, said:

6. Use a dedicated gaming system something that has a i5 processor and about 1GB of dedicated video memory. (Provided it's not a chipset graphics)
You really don't need an i5.. I have an old Athlon 64 x2, and an Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX, and get upwards of 150 FPS.

#16

Chester07
  • Location: Philippines
  • Minecraft: Chester07

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:10 AM

I am running Minecraft on an Acer Aspire One with 1.83ghz and 2gb ddr3 and it runs fine. I just have problems when loading resource intensive worlds.

#17

like83ninjas
  • Location: Australia

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:03 AM

Thanks a lot.
Also you're English is better than most.

#18

LeThz
    LeThz

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:55 AM

hmm..
Nice toturial you have all!
I am gonna try it!
:iapprove:

#19

ironmaneleven
  • Location: Australia
  • Minecraft: ironmaneleven

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:22 AM

Thanks heaps this really helped me

#20

beendrinkin

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:53 PM

Nice Tips I will have to give them a try