Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.6.X]Natura

worldgen food crops nether

• Please log in to reply
1143 replies to this topic

LORDMcDERPLES

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:11 PM

Do you think you could add some form of cross-mod compatibility with the different logs?  What I mean is make it so crafting recipes recognize the different woods as actual wood (perhaps just of a similar color, like a whitish wood is recognized as Birch)  so that we dont have an excess of unusable wood laying down, that can only be used in building.  Also, will the next update be adding slabs, stairs, and similar of the different wood types?  I really like some of the wood colors and want to build more with them.  Loving the mod so far, and the farming is JUST what i've always wanted in a farming mod that few others provide!

Register or log in to remove.

Coolgazaboi
  • Minecraft: Coolgazaboi

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

I think I've found a bug I planted barley and I keep finding Cotten taking over them some how
Posted Image

Shurhaian

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:02 PM

View PostLORDMcDERPLES, on 23 April 2013 - 02:11 PM, said:

Do you think you could add some form of cross-mod compatibility with the different logs?  What I mean is make it so crafting recipes recognize the different woods as actual wood (perhaps just of a similar color, like a whitish wood is recognized as Birch)  so that we dont have an excess of unusable wood laying down, that can only be used in building.
What mod are you trying to work with? I've had the Natura woods work just fine in most recipes - except for bloodwood "branch" blocks (which apparently need to be placed and re-broken to be useable for anything, ty PhaserRave), the only problem I've had is with Ars Magica (which did at first lead me to believe there was a problem, but I since discovered otherwise). If you can't craft with them, what you're trying to craft might not respect the ore dictionary.

LORDMcDERPLES

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:30 PM

None of my mods are working.  The ones that I have tested all of the recipes (with every type of wood) that did not work are; Mo' Creatures, Herblore, MrCrayfish's Furniture mod, BiblioCraft and Dungeon Crawler.  I also have a recipe guide mod, that shows all recipes and item can be used in, and the Natura woods only show the vanilla recipes, Whereas other woods do shows all the mod recipes.
Sorry, I meant to respond to Shurhaian, but I'm new to the Forums and forgot to Quote them.  My bad

Edited by LORDMcDERPLES, 23 April 2013 - 09:32 PM.

Gleeb
    Gleeb

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:53 PM

I'm having an interesting problem. Is Barley meant to turn into Cotton? If I leave my Barley unattended, I can end up losing the whole crop, and I see no way to negate this.

FyberOptic
    FyberOptic

Zombie Killer

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 155 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:33 AM

View Postmodpir8king, on 23 April 2013 - 11:57 AM, said:

I am getting a server side crash version 18 every couple of minutes with this error log

PM
Description: Exception ticking world

java.lang.NullPointerException
at mods.natura.blocks.crops.CropBlock.getGrowthRate(CropBlock.java:92)
at mods.natura.blocks.crops.CropBlock.func_71847_b(CropBlock.java:50)
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72893_g(WorldServer.java:438)
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72835_b(WorldServer.java:197)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:640)
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:274)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:570)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:468)
at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:573)

Getting this same problem, 2.0.18 with Forge 667.  After the crash it happened immediately upon loading again, but the third time got back in.

Here's a pastebin.

mDiyo
    mDiyo

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2007 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:50 AM

Yay for breaking perfectly working things even when it's been tested! Barley shouldn't be morphing into cotton any more. Apparently I need to prod my testers better.

LORDMcDERPLES: The logs and planks are already registered in the ore dictionary. They should work with most mods, no problem.
Posted Image

RelieveTheMind

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:57 AM

I'm guessing that this was made when 1.5.1 came out and it is no compatible with 1.4.7?

Shurhaian

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:34 AM

View PostLORDMcDERPLES, on 23 April 2013 - 09:30 PM, said:

None of my mods are working.  The ones that I have tested all of the recipes (with every type of wood) that did not work are; Mo' Creatures, Herblore, MrCrayfish's Furniture mod, BiblioCraft and Dungeon Crawler.  I also have a recipe guide mod, that shows all recipes and item can be used in, and the Natura woods only show the vanilla recipes, Whereas other woods do shows all the mod recipes.
Sorry, I meant to respond to Shurhaian, but I'm new to the Forums and forgot to Quote them.  My bad

I don't know all of those mods. Mo' Creatures may be being somewhat churlish; BiblioCraft, however, uses a lot of wood-specific recipes, so it has a bit more of a reason to be picky about its wood. Otherwise, best I can think of is to either look for configurable options, or failing that, nudge the authors of the mods in question.

Weird that it's only showing vanilla uses for the Natura woods, because Natura woods have worked just fine for me in IndustrialCraft, BuildCraft, and the UE mods.

(On a related note, though, I do look forward to slabs etc of the Natura woods.)

View PostRelieveTheMind, on 24 April 2013 - 02:57 AM, said:

I'm guessing that this was made when 1.5.1 came out and it is no compatible with 1.4.7?
Try looking into InfiCraft, here: http://www.minecraft...pdated-2013217/

Gleeb
    Gleeb

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

I just checked the front page, I was a version behind, unless .19 was added after I posted. I'll test it now and edit this post with my findings.

Edit: Seems fine, thanks :)

LORDMcDERPLES

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:33 PM

View PostmDiyo, on 24 April 2013 - 01:50 AM, said:

Yay for breaking perfectly working things even when it's been tested! Barley shouldn't be morphing into cotton any more. Apparently I need to prod my testers better.

LORDMcDERPLES: The logs and planks are already registered in the ore dictionary. They should work with most mods, no problem.
Hmmm... Re-downloaded this, allong with the above mentioned mods, and still, none of the recipes are working.  The items all call for any type of wood, and work with all four vanilla planks/logs.  The mods all claim to use the Forge ore Dictionary.  Is there some requirement or mistake on my end that I'm missing?  Also, both the Bloodwood and Ghostwood Trees grow VERY fast.  Is this intentional?  Also, if Bloodwood is planted on a single block of soul sand, after growing it will convert the other 3 blocks directly underneath it into Soulsand.
Also, I'm having the same problem as Coolgazaboi, my Barley farm, that is separated by a line of wood from my Cotton farm, is now also full of cotton, Barley nowhere to be found

Specula
    Specula

Carpenter

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:20 AM

View PostLORDMcDERPLES, on 24 April 2013 - 09:33 PM, said:

Also, I'm having the same problem as Coolgazaboi, my Barley farm, that is separated by a line of wood from my Cotton farm, is now also full of cotton, Barley nowhere to be found
That's strange. I have all my crops (Barley, Wheat, Melons, Pumpkins and Cotton) all in a single shared area of fields... Never had that happen before...

DeathBringerr57
  • Minecraft: leafeon92

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:48 PM

Trees that grow from the ceiling (upside down) in the nether are very intriguing :3. Maybe the ghast one should behave like this. It should remember a tear (that falls).
Posted Image

malfunctionMC
  • Minecraft: malfunctionMC

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:20 PM

Couple of small bug reports.

Redwood bark doors don't drop when broken.

Redwood planks are not recognised for Tinkers part crafting, repairing but work fine for making the patterns and tables.

running, Natura 2.0.19, Tinkers Construct 1.3.0.4

Redpower - Making control of your Minecraft world a whole lot easier... or as complex as you want to!
Posted Image

DoctorOr

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:35 PM

Change Request: Can we get the "little bit evil" bush fruits to be edible even when hunger is full?  Other similar foods with buffs allow this.

Rottgrip
    Rottgrip

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:00 PM

setting down a red wood door broke my world Posted Image here is the crash report. I don't know if this will help you out but here you go Posted Image.

Spoiler:

Wyld
    Wyld

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Minecraft: wyld

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:24 AM

/me waves

One request I have, is the ability to 'tone down' the giant trees - perhaps through a max-hight value in config. Am testing at the moment, and have found someone with an Axe of the Stream (thaumcraft item) will bring the server to its knees.

Modpack Maker for the FTB Team. Catch me on Twitter/FTB Forums as Wyld or via my twitch/youtube as Wyldstein

Shurhaian

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:08 PM

View PostLORDMcDERPLES, on 24 April 2013 - 09:33 PM, said:

Running 2.0.19, on Forge #664, I'm actually having the reverse problem. My cotton farm has become 100% barley.

ETA: Seems to be related to Minefactory Reloaded planters. They were supposed to plant cotton, but became barley in the process. Will report over there.

Axolotine

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:54 PM

I'm a huge fan of Tinker's Construct and Natura, mDiyo!

Is there any chance we might see some materials in Natura have a use in Tinker's Construct and vice versa?

For example, maybe make it so that cotton/wool can be used as a modifier to dye your weapons/armor?

Or maybe have Cactus Juice Crystals or something?

Anyway, cheers! I'm really enjoying the different trees (redwood might be my favorite, very awe-inspiring!)

mDiyo
    mDiyo

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2007 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:31 AM

Axolotine: I am planning on adding some nether survival things in the future. We need more foodstuffs, a tool workshop made from ghostwood wouldn't be bad... I'm doing overworld things right now, Natura will get a lot of attention once I start moving past it.
Posted Image