• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minecraft Screen Recorder

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

ItsJaydon

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:14 AM

If anyone knows a good minecraft screen recorder (One where u can talk) please let me know. i am starting a youtube channel for trolls and such (My name only for that reason). I need one that DOESN'T   slow down my PC and doesn't have a TIME LIMIT! If you have a good one with these requirements, please let me know. Also have a SAFE  LINK   please add it in the comments section. Thanks you and bye.

Register or log in to remove.

aminecraftguy00
  • Minecraft: aminecraftguy00

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:24 AM

I've heard that Bandicam is a good recorder, but I haven't tried it. You could use fraps, too. I've used it before, just it's not free.
To all of you people who think Notch is still working on the game, he stopped working on Minecraft in late 2011. Get your facts straight and stop spamming his twitter about Minecraft updates.

Momo_Mccloud
  • Minecraft: Momo_Mccloud
  • Xbox:MomoMccloud162

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:04 AM

Bandicam, Fraps, Camtasia, Dxtory, and the camera studio mod. you can use them to record..

Joker
    Joker

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • Minecraft: TMSJoker

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:34 AM

Fraps is good free recorder.
It can record your sound (Mic), or windows sound (Speakers), optional.
It's really good and easy to use.
So fraps is recommended.

ZephosHD
  • Minecraft: Z3phosHD

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:15 AM

I use Fraps to record my gameplay. It's easy to use and doesn't cause much lag.
Link to Fraps - here

Posted Image

Click the picture to go to my Youtube channel :)

EpixPixel
  • Minecraft: fredthehobojoe

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:25 PM

I used fraps, then I got a glitch where it wasn't recording... can someone tell me how to fix that, or I will just get a new screen recorder

XxIHaxRepoxX
  • Minecraft: FOR_DA_LULZ_MC
  • Xbox:cautionnuke

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:17 PM

View PostEpixPixel, on 05 July 2013 - 07:25 PM, said:

I used fraps, then I got a glitch where it wasn't recording... can someone tell me how to fix that, or I will just get a new screen recorder

the glitch is no glitch freetrial only45 secconds   use bandicam its free

Posted Image

crazycraftians

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:27 PM

View PostEpixPixel, on 05 July 2013 - 07:25 PM, said:

When you go into fullscreen, you need to manually turn fullscreen on through the settings in minecraft.
  Subscribe for awesome videos!

Pyrates313
  • Minecraft: pyrates313

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:44 PM

View PostJoker, on 29 March 2013 - 05:34 AM, said:

It can record your sound (Mic), or windows sound (Speakers), optional.
It's really good and easy to use.
So fraps is recommended.
well fraps is only free for some 1 minute film things... I recommend bandicam ;)

Check out this awesome little map!

Posted Image

Jamespromadman
  • Minecraft: jimmylilttle

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:29 PM

you can get a free fraps of a site i did but the thing is huge 30min video 10GB for a 1min 1GB so use something small like minevideo it will kill your fps for 5secs then its fine try it out

Slay3R?
    Slay3R?

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1562 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:38 PM

View PostJamespromadman, on 14 July 2013 - 07:29 PM, said:

you can get a free fraps of a site i did but the thing is huge 30min video 10GB for a 1min 1GB so use something small like minevideo it will kill your fps for 5secs then its fine try it out

Depending on your settings, capturing raw uncompressed (or lossless for that matter) video at high resolution and ~30 fps (or higher) is going to give large files regardless of the recorder you use. If you want to keep the file size small use compression (lossless that is). Do keep in mind though, you'll not only reduce the quality, but you'll also increase the CPU usage (probably by quite a lot).

You should just record lossless/raw data, process it with something like x264 encoding and remove the original after (or if you have the space you can leave it).

Also there is no software recorder out there that won't have a negative impact on your system. It has to grab the pixel data from the screen and write it to disk (and perhaps compression processing before that). All those steps take time which will reduce the performance of Minecraft. Don't expect to get a magic recorder that will just spit out small files at great quality without slowing down the game. It is not going to happen.

kingzogan
  • Minecraft: kingzogan

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:46 PM

View PostJoker, on 29 March 2013 - 05:34 AM, said:

The free version of fraps has a limit of 10 seconds....

EpicKiller77

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:38 AM

USE FASTSTONE CAPTURE Its Free And Easy No Bugs 30 Day Trial!

JidRant
    JidRant

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:33 PM

There aren't any 'free' ones. If you want one for free you need bug one of your friends that has one until they give you the files. That's what I did any way.Posted Image
Posted Image

MineCraftMan2828
  • Location: Trying to make a build that will make Reddit go WOW!
  • Minecraft: MineCraftMan2828

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:48 AM

View PostXxIHaxRepoxX, on 05 July 2013 - 10:17 PM, said:

the glitch is no glitch freetrial only45 secconds   use bandicam its free

View PostPyrates313, on 06 July 2013 - 05:44 PM, said:

well fraps is only free for some 1 minute film things... I recommend bandicam Posted Image
If anybody has read the original post, he is looking for a screen recorder with NO TIME  LIMIT. Pyrates, if you're talking about the costly one, you're completely right.

View PostEpicKiller77, on 16 July 2013 - 01:38 AM, said:

USE FASTSTONE CAPTURE Its Free And Easy No Bugs 30 Day Trial!
That can lag quite a bit, and it eats up the space on your computer extremely fast.

View Postkingzogan, on 15 July 2013 - 05:46 PM, said:

The free version of fraps has a limit of 10 seconds....
If that is true, I totally recommend that.

View PostMomo_Mccloud, on 29 March 2013 - 04:04 AM, said:

Bandicam, Fraps, Camtasia, Dxtory, and the camera studio mod. you can use them to record..
  Look what I found while  browsing the forums yesterday!

I found this while browsing the forums yesterday! said:

Camera Studio can only record you moving around, and cannot record ANY sound whatsoever. This can never be used to upload to youtube, as you need a screen recorder running in the background to record that.
^^ Exactly. That was totally not a fake quote... So, Momo, CamStudio Mod is useless.
Posted Image
Check out Vanimation (by GhostEcho)  at http://www.minecraft...topic/1741051

FriendKiller96

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:22 AM

I personally use Fraps. All programs will lower your FPS if you don't have a good enough computer.

Redshirt_4
  • Minecraft: kingofthemoon13

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:12 PM

There aren't really any free good ones as far as I know. The main one I use is FRAPS, and my computer is powerful enough to handle it, but if you really want to eliminate lag, there are hardware capure cards. Here's a review of one, if you're interested.

Another note, make sure you have tons of space. The best quality videos are HUGE files, so either clear up a lot of space or buy an external hard drive.