• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

How do i find my current minecraft skin on my desktop?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

ShooterZZ333

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:45 AM

Hello
Im just wondering if anyone knows where i can find my current skin im using ingame on my computer?.
I saw something saying go to bin then mobs then char.png but when i click it its just normal steve and not my minecraft skin.
Is there something im missing what do i do?

Register or log in to remove.

Linkruler
  • Minecraft: linkruler

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:52 AM

Well if you want to see it on your desktop, you'll need to download the characterpng you have and swap it out with the Steve one. Otherwise it'll be the Steve skin.
Lots of updates on what I'm doing on my blog and twitter. Check em' out! (twitter @linkruler)
Posted Image

GreenPeas

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:18 AM

View PostShooterZZ333, on 28 March 2013 - 02:45 AM, said:

Hello
Im just wondering if anyone knows where i can find my current skin im using ingame on my computer?.
I saw something saying go to bin then mobs then char.png but when i click it its just normal steve and not my minecraft skin.
Is there something im missing what do i do?
If you don't already have the file saved on your computer, then you can access it by going to this website: http://www.minershoes.com/ it has a feature where if you type in a username (case sensitive) it'll pull up the skin and you can download it then.

Going into the bin -> minecraft.jar -> mobs only shows you the skin that your minecraft will default to when there's a problem with the skin servers, often times it is the Steve skin unless you're using a texture pack where the author has changed the char.png.

Doktor_Enderman
  • Minecraft: Doktor_Enderman

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:35 AM

First off you need to download your skin if you saved it soewhere, and then you can just put it in a seperate file since it already displays it ingame.

If you haven't saved it, you may need to recreate it and make a new one, then you just replace your current one with the new one.

DareDevilMan1
  • Minecraft: DareDevilMan1

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:41 AM

View PostGreenPeas, on 28 March 2013 - 03:18 AM, said:

If you don't already have the file saved on your computer, then you can access it by going to this website: http://www.minershoes.com/ it has a feature where if you type in a username (case sensitive) it'll pull up the skin and you can download it then.

Going into the bin -> minecraft.jar -> mobs only shows you the skin that your minecraft will default to when there's a problem with the skin servers, often times it is the Steve skin unless you're using a texture pack where the author has changed the char.png.
Thanks for giving me this site Posted Image I had lost my skin and I wanted to download it
Posted Image