Map Overview: This map takes place at a ski resort (named "Pine Peak Ski Resort") during the off-season. Simplistic, yet attractive woodsy buildings can be found all over the map, from the lodge to the more isolated cabins in the woods, and from the waffle house to the gift shop. Along with these buildings there are ski lifts (of course), a lake normally used for ice skating, an underground sewer system, and much, much more.
Map Specs (As of 3/26/13 at 5:45pm EST):
Dome Radius: 200 blocks
Dome Height: 200 blocks
Map Area: 262,144 square blocks
Map Height: 256 blocks
Map Size (Uncompressed): 16 megabytes
Map Size (Compressed): 1.59 megabytes
Number of Buildings: 1 (of ~12)
Number of "Secret" Areas (Hidden via Sticky Pistons, Redstone, etc.): 0 (of ~12)
Number of Death Traps: 0 (of ~10)
Number of Players Supported: 24
Progress (As of 3/26/13 at 5:45pm EST):
Here are the rough percentages that represent the progress of the different parts of the map:
- Terrain: 90%. The main terrain has been created and there is a dome surrounding the play area. However, some touch up is needed, such as the clearing of trees where a building might go or the addition of several layers of dirt for a new hill, or the addition of more trees for a small wood.
- Buildings: 20%. 1 of the ~12 buildings have been completed. This stage will move forward more quickly, however, now that the main terrain has been created.
- Sewer System: 0%. The building of a sewer system requires that all the buildings are more or less in their final position. Once they are, a sewer will not take long to build.
- "Secret" Areas: 0%. Of the ~12 secret areas I plan to incorporate in the map (areas usually hidden with the help of redstone/sticky pistions, etc.), 0 have yet been built. The addition of secret areas requires that all of the building are more or less in their final position, just as the construction of a sewer system requires. Once all buildings and the sewer system are in place, secret areas should take a very short amount of time to build.
- OVERALL: The main terrain has been created, a process which took ~3 days. Two of the ~12 buildings have been built. The construction of the remaining ~11 buildings should take ~3-5 days (note: I count the ski lift as a building). I have not yet began building a sewer system or adding "secret" areas.
Edited by 3Dbovine, 27 March 2013 - 12:03 AM.