• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.7.2] [16x16] [Animated] Vanimation vPre1.7 resource pack - Vanilla Textures, Animated! - Over 12000+ downloads!(updated December 1st!)

vanilla animation texture pack animated ghostecho default regular original vanimation

• Please log in to reply
370 replies to this topic

GhostEcho
    GhostEcho

Zombie Killer

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 244 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:01 PM

POPULAR

Posted ImageVanimation is my attempt to animate all of the original textures of Minecraft, within reason...

Milestones

2013/04/29 - 1000 downloads
2013/05/10 - 100 Comments: Topic is now "Hot"
2013/05/21 - 2000 downloads
2013/06/01 - 150 Comments
2013/06/02 - 50 Reputation: Topic is now "Popular"
2013/06/05 - 3000 downloads
2013/05/10 - 200 Comments
2013/07/14 - 5000 downloads
2013/08/12 - 7500 downloads
2013/11/24 ~ 10,000 downloads - Missed the date =(
2013/11/25 ~ 100 Reputation - Missed the date =(
????/??/?? - 500 Comments
????/??/?? - 12,500 downloads

Downloads

Latest: 2013/12/01 - For Minecraft 1.7.2
If you feel like supporting me(more than by just downloading, which is awesome in and of itself =3) Adf.ly is the way to go.Posted Image

Optifine and MCPatcher Compatible. Something is up with optifine. Idkwtfbbq.

> vPre1.7 Curse Website
> vPre1.7 Mediafire

> vPre1.7 Adf.ly

Previous Versions

Spoiler:

Textures
Spoiler:

Change Log
Spoiler:

Honorable Mentions

DEFAnimation - For giving me the idea!
Everyone @ Karmacorp - For giving me the greatest time i've ever had on a server!
Anyone who downloads and/or supports this texture pack, thanks in advance!
Stonehawk - For the strength potion effect animation, and for being an awesome friend

Requests

Ideas, Ideas, Ideas. I have several ideas for many textures, but not all of them. Feel free to post ideas for any texture.

Criticism is allowed and (as previously stated) requested! But do note, berating is NOT criticism. This is my first texture pack. Infact, its my first anything-realated-to-textures, so yes, I am a novice.

Anything you might be willing to give; advice, help, perhaps a video review *cough* FreestyleOMG *cough*...or nothing, no big deal Posted Image

Support

Copy any of the three codes and paste it into your signature to support me. Thanks in advance Posted Image

Posted Image

[url="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1741051-"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/jAGcML7.gif[/IMG]

Posted Image

[url="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1741051-"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/jJXnSDa.gif[/IMG]

Posted Image

[url="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1741051-"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/0zxMUBx.gif[/IMG]

If you like the pack, you might as well go ahead and hit THAT GREEN Posted Image BUTTON below my signature...and follow...that would be cool too...Thanks Posted Image
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

DrAXJuK
    DrAXJuK

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Minecraft: DrAXJuK

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:15 PM

Looks great, although it still needs alot of work. :D

Phil3992
    Phil3992

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • Minecraft: Phil3992

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:26 PM

I like this, I actually hope that Mojang will implement something like this into vanilla!
Posted Image

Hayden9009

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:36 PM

cool maybe for grass make it look like it is blowing in the wind or have that fir the leafs

GhostEcho
    GhostEcho

Zombie Killer

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 244 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:41 PM

View PostDrAXJuK, on 24 March 2013 - 08:15 PM, said:

Looks great, although it still needs alot of work. Posted Image

Indeed it does sir! Progress is underway ^^

View PostPhil3992, on 24 March 2013 - 08:26 PM, said:

I like this, I actually hope that Mojang will implement something like this into vanilla!

That would be amazing! but would make my pack a little useless though Posted Image

View PostHayden9009, on 24 March 2013 - 08:36 PM, said:

cool maybe for grass make it look like it is blowing in the wind or have that fir the leafs

Definately going to have wind effects on most if not all vegitation
Posted Image

corner_g
    corner_g

Retired One

• Retired Staff
  • Curse Premium
  • 3010 posts
  • Minecraft: corner_g

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:42 PM

This must be the fifth animated default pack I've seen recently.

Despite that, this one looks pretty well done. That fish is amazing!

Fare well everyone! My time to retire has come!
"And with that, POW! I'm gone."
---Lord Crump

Posted Image

GhostEcho
    GhostEcho

Zombie Killer

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 244 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:31 PM

View Postcorner_g, on 24 March 2013 - 08:42 PM, said:

This must be the fifth animated default pack I've seen recently.

Despite that, this one looks pretty well done. That fish is amazing!

Yeah, I have seen them. They are the reason I started this, as none of them were to my liking. Most just looked silly, but DEFAnimation was really awesome! Only problem was they changed many of the orig textures, which I don't think follows the name of the pack. I wouldnt have made this if that one wasnt made.

Btw, your comment about the fish ensured that it would make its way into my banner, thx ;)
Posted Image

ThePineapplizer

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:36 PM

A few blocks to possibly animate for the next update:

Glinting Swords
Screaming Soul Sand
Glinting Ores
Shuffling Leaves
Shifting Sands
Breezy Grass (Tall Grass or the block)
Reeling Fishing Rod
Posted ImagePosted Image

MetroFan180 said:

This pack is so good even spam bots adore it!
:D

GhostEcho
    GhostEcho

Zombie Killer

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 244 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:19 AM

View PostThePineapplizer, on 27 March 2013 - 10:36 PM, said:

A few blocks to possibly animate for the next update:

Glinting Swords
Screaming Soul Sand
Glinting Ores
Shuffling Leaves
Shifting Sands
Breezy Grass (Tall Grass or the block)
Reeling Fishing Rod

Ooh, I like the shifting sands idea!  And also the Rod! But the others are a definate, having a bit of hard time with the leaves though.

Thanks for leaving ideas! If I use either the sands or the rod, I will DEFINATELY give you the credit! =)
Posted Image

H84evr
    H84evr

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:12 AM

I like this texture pack... I hope you continue to do excellent work. But since you want a critic, I will be one.
I would say the power rail is a little odd. I would prefer if the animation played backwards so that it looks like its moving objects away from it.

I would also say the glass and ice animations take a little while, but that's my vanilla side coming out of me. :U

*Fish is the best. Especially when your holding it.

GhostEcho
    GhostEcho

Zombie Killer

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 244 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:54 AM

View PostH84evr, on 28 March 2013 - 03:12 AM, said:

I like this texture pack... I hope you continue to do excellent work. But since you want a critic, I will be one.
I would say the power rail is a little odd. I would prefer if the animation played backwards so that it looks like its moving objects away from it.

I would also say the glass and ice animations take a little while, but that's my vanilla side coming out of me. :U

*Fish is the best. Especially when your holding it.

Thanks for commenting! I'll do that with the power rail and post both on this forum and see which people want ^^ But about the ice and glass, I didnt really want it overbearing, you think if it went faster it wouldnt get too annoying?

yeah, i like the fish too ;)
Posted Image

Cezarxx
    Cezarxx

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Minecraft: Cezarxx

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:28 AM

Make an animated torch fire
Posted Image

DerekJETERFan

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:54 AM

I like this texture a lot!  My default texture pack is messed up quite a bit due to one of the mods I use...  So I've been looking for a texture pack that would be very nice and I cam across this!  Great animations!  They don't change too often, which is a good thing, and aren't hard to look at!  Thanks again!

GhostEcho
    GhostEcho

Zombie Killer

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 244 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:21 AM

View PostCezarxx, on 29 March 2013 - 12:28 AM, said:

Make an animated torch fire

Wilco
Posted Image

themegaoverlord

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:59 AM

You sir, and this texture pack, are exactly what I've been looking for. Default, but revamped texures; amazing animation; yet still retaining the classic feel of Minecraft. This is bloody amazing, and its something I've always dreamed out of a texture pack. You actually made my day when I saw this. Please, keep going with it. If you can finish it, then it would be an absolute beauty to my eyes.

Purge_Hawk1
  • Minecraft: Purge_Hawk1

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:31 AM

Love it. We require more! :D

Hey there! :)

GhostEcho
    GhostEcho

Zombie Killer

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 244 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:17 PM

View PostDerekJETERFan, on 29 March 2013 - 12:54 AM, said:

I like this texture a lot!  My default texture pack is messed up quite a bit due to one of the mods I use...  So I've been looking for a texture pack that would be very nice and I cam across this!  Great animations!  They don't change too often, which is a good thing, and aren't hard to look at!  Thanks again!

View Postthemegaoverlord, on 29 March 2013 - 03:59 AM, said:

You sir, and this texture pack, are exactly what I've been looking for. Default, but revamped texures; amazing animation; yet still retaining the classic feel of Minecraft. This is bloody amazing, and its something I've always dreamed out of a texture pack. You actually made my day when I saw this. Please, keep going with it. If you can finish it, then it would be an absolute beauty to my eyes.

View PostPurge_Hawk1, on 29 March 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

Love it. We require more! Posted Image

Thanks for all the compliments! =) It's comments like these that make me keep doing what im doing! I'll keep the updates coming; come back often!

Don't forget to tell your friends ^^
Posted Image

Pop2213
    Pop2213

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:04 PM

I  liked for the fish
Posted Image

H84evr
    H84evr

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:16 AM

View PostGhostEcho, on 28 March 2013 - 11:54 AM, said:

Thanks for commenting! I'll do that with the power rail and post both on this forum and see which people want ^^ But about the ice and glass, I didnt really want it overbearing, you think if it went faster it wouldnt get too annoying?

yeah, i like the fish too Posted Image

Mmmm. You have a point, and like I said, that's probably me and my vanilla side showing.

Now since I am here, Suggestions;
I saw above that there is already torches, so as a reminder, animate the fire on torches, and redstone torches (including redstone repeaters and redstone comparators) (Maybe make a glow effect on them, similar to the glowstone)
I saw you say you would put wind effects on all vegetation. So I'll skip all that.
Redstone Lamps should be much like glowstone.
Daylight censors should be something like the glass and ice, have a ray of light to change its color.
Water/Lava Buckets move to look more like water/lava.
Cooked Fish should twitch. (Similar to Raw fish, but more dead)
Slime ball should have goo effects coming off the side of it.
Trapped chest should glow red, similar to the activator rail. (Entire chest or just the area around the lock, I am undecided on this one)
This one might be a little harder or even impossible, but it would be nice if you could make the moon rotate.
Redstone blocks should glow red, similar to activator rail but on the entire block.
Diamond, iron, gold, and emerald ores/blocks/items/tools/armor/weapons should glow, sheen, and sparkle respectively.
Flint and steal should give off random sparks or small flames.
Mushroom stew should have a swirl effect, and maybe mushrooms surfacing occasionally. And even though its not cooked, it would be cool if you could add a steam effect.
Raw chicken should move. Cooked should twitch.
Golden carrot and both golden apples should have a glow effect like glowstone dust.
Spider eye should turn.
Rotten flesh should look like its moving or rotting.
Another hard or impossible thing that would be cool is if you can make the rain drops (when rain hits the ground) actually splash and spread, instead of being contained in a small box.
Magma cream should look more like a slimy ball with flames (blaze powder) going around it.
Fermented spider eye should twitch.
Ender pearl should glow much like activator rail, but with its respective color.
Eye of the ender should also glow, but it should also blink. (Another thing I am undecided on)
Sand, Dirt, and Snow should sift around. (Reminder of a previous suggestion)
Mycellium and grass (block) should look like its moving. (Another thing I am undecided on)
Cacti should have the needles stick in or out.
Cobwebs should move slightly, as if something is moving inside of it.
And finally, the most annoying one, make every potion look like it has a liquid in it.

Those are my suggestions. Feel free to read them over and decide which ones you like/don't like. And I will not be offended if you tell me anyone is horrible.

After I posted this I just realized I had completely missed what Pineapplizer said. So you might see some duplicate ideas.

Ugh... I knew I was forgetting something.
Thank you very VERY much for considering my Power Rail idea. I really appreciate it.

GhostEcho
    GhostEcho

Zombie Killer

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 244 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:53 AM

View PostH84evr, on 31 March 2013 - 12:16 AM, said:

A lot of stuff =I

Wow! You sure gave me a lot to read! Most of this is either extremely obvious, somewhat obvious, or interesting, but already though of. Therefore I will comment only on the things you brought up that I have never seen/heard/thought of before.

- Daylight sensors shimering like glass: Brilliant, thanks.
- Trapped chest: I already planned on making all redstone have a glowing effect, forgot about this one.
- Moon rotate? why?
- Mushroom Stew: ...yeah, I like that.
- Rain Drops: Although I like this idea VERY much, animated textures are always being animated, not just when they are called. So when code calls for a drop to "splatter" it might start halfway through the animation. Now if that was the only problem, I wouldnt really care, but I do believe that animation is also used when water/lava is above a block, dripping through.
- Cobwebs...I was thinking about doing something with them...but it would be hard without the tiling effect taking hold. I'll think about it more...
- Potions looking like they have liquid in them...VERY interesting...It might be impossible as the texture is quite small, but I'll give it a look. good idea...

Well, thats all of em, thanks for the ideas! If I use any ideas of yours that weren't already thought of/posted, I will give you credit!
Posted Image