Revert to last save

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Blockbreaker170
  • Minecraft: Blockbreaker170
  • Xbox:DragonMage7
  • PSN:DragonMage17

Posted 22 February 2011 - 03:25 AM

Today i went down to a cavern.I found LOTS of redstone,gold,iorn,coal,and lapus lazuli.Then i fell in a lava pool and died(WITH MY ITEMS!).Then I saved it( :P )and I was REALLY sad!Minecraft needs to make an option where you can go back to your last save.If they don't,I'll be even more sad.
;)
:Lava:  :D
I really need a new signature.

Register or log in to remove.

lawa001
    lawa001

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 431 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 03:31 AM

First off, this was not needed, as you were just being reckless.

Secondly, go to:

Run -> %appdata% -> .mincraft -> saves -> World# -> level.dat_old

Rename it to level.dat and delete the other one

muncher21 said:

TROLL SQUAD ASSEMBLE!
YOUR LEADER DEMANDS FULL FRONTAL ASSAULT ON THIS THREAD!
ALL CIVILIANS EVACUATE THE VICINITY!

Blockbreaker170

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:47 AM

I saved AFTER I died and lost  everything.
:D  :D  :Diamond:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:

lordzed
    lordzed

Carpenter

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:52 AM

I'm against this idea, makes to game too easy by removing most of the risk. If this really needed implementation it would be easier to just remove the auto save on death
And that children, is the true meaning of Christmas.

Zarien
    Zarien

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 264 posts
  • Minecraft: Zarien

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:55 AM

Blockbreaker170 said:

I saved AFTER I died and lost  everything.
:SSSS:  :SSSS:  :Notch:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:

blockbreaker you ignorant slut!

im kidding, but srsly there isnt really anything you can do about that
and it would be kinda wierd to revert to last save, i mean

what if you just build a mega tower of awesomeness, found out you needed some more stuff, went mining, and fell into lava with all of your diamond tools and armor? would you revert to last save just to get back your stuff and lose hours of work?

of course, you wouldnt have to revert, just if you wanted to, so my verdict is
whatever
Posted Image
Ceci n'est pas une signature

Blockbreaker170

Posted 23 February 2011 - 03:20 AM

While I was offline,Iv'e been thinking.Theres always more recources in the world.This isn't the end of my Minecraft world. :P  :Green:

Reevalot
    Reevalot

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 03:44 AM

Blockbreaker170 said:

While I was offline,Iv'e been thinking.Theres always more recources in the world.This isn't the end of my Minecraft world. :P  :SSSS:

That is the point to make, and also you can backup your save files manually and revert to one in case of accident, but remember this takes away from the game.  Just be more careful around lava.

(Not that I wouldn't like something like a tombstone that works like a chest where I died so I can loot it for my gear instead of all of it popping out and flying into the lava.
I support:
Posted Image

yUmadThou

Posted 23 February 2011 - 05:13 AM

Thats what makes minecraft minecraft, dying is all apart of it, if you could revert back than it wouldn't be any fun. Sure dying while carrying a whole load of stuff is a dick but seriously??? you learn from your mistakes and become more careful.

studnicky
    studnicky

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 961 posts
  • Minecraft: Studnicky

Posted 23 February 2011 - 06:05 AM

The game honestly isn't that difficult, and after a few hours of playtime you should have enough base defenses/armor/weapons to not die anymore.  The only reason you could possibly die is your own carelessness, which losing all of your materials is punishment for.  Be more careful next time, eh?
Posted Image

LensTheReaper

Posted 04 April 2011 - 06:20 PM

i totally agree that there shouldnt be an option to revert, if you die, you probably werent doing sumthing very smart or least not being very carful.
That being said tho, i REALLY wish i backed up my save data or something today, i started new world (rage quit my last one cuz effing lava took all my diamond gear), and few hours later my idiot gene kicks in and i burn down my 3 story building with COLORED wool in every room for carpeting.. i dont even know HOW the fire started, i mean, i know WHERE it started, my damn (apparently) faulty fireplace, tell me how a completely (cept for front so can see fire) encased fireplace with a ring of brick chimney can  :chestfront: my ENTIRE house down! the nearest flammable was least 2 blocks away! BAH!
Lens The Clear Unfolding, Lens The Reaper
High Lens of The 62nd Brotherhood
Hereby Do Challenge You !

Travesty
    Travesty

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1324 posts
  • Minecraft: Travesty

Posted 04 April 2011 - 06:26 PM

Absolutely not.  Minecraft auto-saves everything you do so that if you make a mistake, it's your own fault and you have to pay the consequences.  This isn't a game with goals and quests that you save before and try again until you get them.  It's a game where you survive from day to day knowing you always stand the risk of being blown up by something unexpected.  If it was as easy as "oops, a creeper blew me up, refresh", you would have just destroyed half of the game.

Berginator94 said:

I'm almost 100% positive that this have been suggested before but i'll suggest it again anyways.
...I hate you all.

needlze
    needlze

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:01 PM

@ travesty, and others against a "previous saves" feature....well,not to sound like im tryin to contridict you, but if that would ruin the game ,than wouldnt the game already be ruined by alowing you to make the "violent" mobs dissapear all together in a flash if your in trouble, by pausing and switching to peacefull mode?( which i hear is frowned upon,but still...)

Schmiddy
    Schmiddy

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:08 PM

i was playing skyblock and did soooooooooooo much but i accidentily turned my lava into obsidion and immmmm soooooooooooooo annoyed now i need to go to a backup that was way before everything that i did
[url=http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1151708-125v02ancient-greece-the-greek-mythology-modnow-with-satyrs/]Posted Image[/url]

Zoexl
    Zoexl

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:44 AM

I think there should be an option, because I opened my best world which is modded in an unmodded profile accidentally, and I don't think i'll be able to fix it now.