• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

The Shining - Overlook Hotel

the shining overlook hotel jack nicholson stanley kubrick hedge maze hotel ahwahnee hotel timberline lodge maze heres johnny

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Mcluigi117

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:25 AM

Greetings!

Have you seen the 1980 movie The Shining? If so, then you must remember the hotel, the Overlook Hotel to be exact. Well, that thing always fascinated me, so I became inspired to create a full scale replica of it in Minecraft! I suppose I'm not the first, I saw a video of someone else's version, but to be honest I think it sucked. I tried to get mine as accurate as possible.

Download: http://www.mediafire...2hoh0g2b20o528d

Comments are greatly appreciated!

Here are some screenshots.

Posted Image

The exterior.
Posted Image

Another view of the exterior.

Posted Image

The lobby.

Posted Image

The Colorado Lounge. I made it a little too wide, but it's not a big deal.
Posted Image

Another view of the Lounge. (Updated ceiling)

Posted Image

The Gold Room.

Posted Image

The Red Bathroom, with working mirrors Posted Image

Posted Image

A view of one of the hallways, complete with that trippy iconic carpet pattern. Well, the best you can do in Minecraft, at least.

Posted Image
Another hallway view.

Posted Image

Staff quarters hallway

Posted Image

The kitchen

Posted Image

The  Hedge Maze

That's about it. I also built the manager's office, games room, room 237, and plenty of other hallways but didn't bother to take screenshots of them. There are also a couple of easter eggs I'm sure you'll be happy to find c:

Other important things: I want to give special thanks to Bryant Arnett. Even though I don't know him personally, he went to the trouble of mapping out the ENTIRE hotel and making it into a Duke Nukem level. I used that as my main reference, and it couldn't have helped more. Download it here: http://www.theshinin...om/download.htm
  Also, I welcome anyone to turn this into an adventure or survival map. But if you do, I request one thing, PLEASE give me credit for being the one who actually built the map, and it'd be nice to provide a link to this page. That's all I ask.

Enjoy your stay!

Register or log in to remove.

Charlie1492

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:13 AM

whoa! Nice job! Keep it on buddy!