• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

The Mysterious East- An Asian Themed Adventure Map! [Featured by the Yogcast!] {1.6.1} [Now with Custom Music!] {48,000+ downloads!}

adventure map command blocks custom mobs asia parkour geisha samurai china japan custom texture pack

• Please log in to reply
343 replies to this topic

Pikimon_2

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:36 PM

Posted Image

NOTE: Resource PACK IS REQUIRED

Adventure Map Download Link

http://www.mediafire...e_Map_V_5.1.zip

Resource Pacl that goes with this map (1.6.1)

http://www.mediafire...source_Pack.zip

Introductions

Hey this is GaoFurui, with my first ever attempt at an adventure map! I decided to make an extremely immersive and detailed map based on the cultures of China, Japan and Tibet! This project took me, Pikimon and Cesar123 over 8 months to complete and we hope that our hard work and labor pays off and that you thoroughly enjoy our map!

I'd also like to thank the_soup for allowing us to use her wonderful skins for this map's NPC villagers! Visit her page on planetminecraft here:
http://www.planetmin...ember/the_soup/

I'd also like to thank DJ Persnikity for the amazing wolf skin!

UPDATE MAY 23rd 2013

Watching the comments of the recent Yogcast video we are getting accused a lot of being racist for falsely implying that Chinese and Japanese cultures are the same, when we made a big deal to do the opposite.

It was intended to be a mashup of Chinese, Japanese, and Tibetan cultures in a fantasy setting. In fact Gao Furui and our former associate are Chinese and Japanese respectively, and were actually on board with this map because they wanted to share their culture with everyone else (Really the way we built the map was "Pikimon build X, Y and Z" and I built it to their specifications).

We know the differences between the three cultures and made a big point of pointing that out in many instances in the map, such as the two villages (Xifang being based on Chinese, while Azuma being based on Japanese) The two houses in the second chapter (Yangtze being based on Chinese culture, while Ishikari being Japanese). Even your inventory at that you receive in the beginning reflects this with mooncakes, peaches and lo mein on one side and sushi, cherries, and onigiri on the other. Even in the language there are huge and gigantic distinctions between the two, easily identifiable by anyone.

I am saddened that people have this misconception about this map that we are in any way hateful or ignorant about the culture of Japan and China, we spent a considerable amount of time researching the minutia of Japan and China and spent a considerable amount of effort making sure we showcased the cultures in a respectable manner.

However that being said me, Gao Furui, Cesar123, and even our former associate stand by our map and we mean no harm by our map in any way.

Images

Spoiler:

Important Rules
  • The Texture Pack that comes with this map is REQUIRED, seriously Pikimon had to make a custom texture pack to make a lot of stuff impossible to make otherwise.
  • Make sure to have this map set on either Easy, Normal or Hard. If you put this map on peaceful all the mobs will de-spawn and the map will be less interesting than a walk through the museum of socks.
  • This map is heavy on command blocks, make sure they work for you before you play
  • This map is made for Survival
  • Do not break blocks (that includes item frames)
  • Map is designed for 1-3 players
  • Firespread must be OFF (IMPORTANT)
  • Don't trade with villagers, it's not you can anyways emeralds are non-existant in this map and using them is a bit redundant with the supplies that are give
Important Settings

Although the spawn mechanism in the beginning (through command blocks) ensures that these settings are installed automatically these are some of the settings that are in this map. This can be done with /gamerule [rule] [true/false] if the setting is not installed[/font]

• CommandBlockOutput - false
  • doFireTick - false
  • doMobLoot - false
  • doMobSpawning - false
  • doTileDrops - false
  • keepInventory - true
  • mobGriefing - false
Features
Some of the features of this map include:
  • Custom mobs
  • Custom texture pack
  • Incredible landscapes
  • Side missions given by NPC's
  • Cohesive storyline
  • 6 bosses (4 of which are hidden)
  • Custom items to reflect the map
  • command block magic!
Videos!

Walkthrough and Playthrough by Cerugador (Recommended)
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
by Bluexephos (The Yogcast)

Spoiler:
by Rumbleduster

Spoiler:
by Rsmalec

Spoiler:
by Versusthemayor

Spoiler:
by MrTheshow96

Spoiler:

by StupidandtheNerd

Banners! Spread the Word!

Posted Image

http://i.imgur.com/TKt67YY.png

What other people think of The Mysterious East

Spoiler:

Review by Rsmalec

Spoiler:
by Wordpuncher

Spoiler:
By Minecraftworld

Spoiler:
By BlockMagexXx

Posted Image

Click the signature above :D You know you want to

Register or log in to remove.

Pikimon_2

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

I really hope that all the mechanisms work on my map XD

Posted Image

rsmalec
    rsmalec

Blaze Extinguisher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 4548 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:20 PM

I love maps with unique themes - will definitely check this out!

Posted Image

Pikimon_2

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:32 PM

View Postrsmalec, on 21 March 2013 - 07:20 PM, said:

I love maps with unique themes - will definitely check this out!

Posted Image

Posted Image

martinio23

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:37 PM

Looks very cool, downloading now :3

Pikimon_2

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:56 PM

View Postmartinio23, on 21 March 2013 - 07:37 PM, said:

Looks very cool, downloading now :3

Thank you :)

Posted Image

Cerugador

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:59 PM

I would love to do a let's play on this map! ill feature your name in the video so you can get some love, if you want to watch it check out my channel later tonight.
Thanks bud -Ceru

Pikimon_2

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:12 PM

Much appreciated! I like your videos quite a bit and I'm glad I took the time to watch them for the past half hour :P

Posted Image

Cesar123isback
  • Location: Dreamland, flying a star, sucking the life out of someone to get powers
  • Minecraft: Cesar123

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:29 PM

Lol I just checked the downloads and it says that while 47 people have downloaded the map, only 9 people downloaded the texture pack, which makes me remind everyone

THE TEXTURE PACK IS REQUIRED FOR THIS MAP!!!!

Posted Image

Click the link^ You know you want to :3

Cesar123isback
  • Location: Dreamland, flying a star, sucking the life out of someone to get powers

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:44 PM

I give most of the credit to GaoFurui (who has no account here) and Pikimon (my brother) I just tested the map and made a few side missions.

Posted Image

Pikimon_2

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:05 AM

Well testing it wasn't a cakewalk either, you kept on procrastinating and we added too many mobs lol. Good thing I fixed that.

Posted Image

Cesar123isback

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:38 AM

Wordpunch featured us on their blog, which is pretty fast considering we just put the map up this morning.

http://wordpuncher.c...e-map-download/

Posted Image

Pikimon_2

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:48 AM

View PostCesar123isback, on 22 March 2013 - 01:38 AM, said:

Wordpunch featured us on their blog, which is pretty fast considering we just put the map up this morning.

http://wordpuncher.c...e-map-download/

Noted.

Posted Image

ProPride
  • Minecraft: ProPride

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:13 AM

Hey Pikimon, it's me from the other forum. I'll record a play through for you, and for right now I'll try and put you under Multiplayer. If I can't figure things out with my LAN, and I can't make a personal server, than I'll put you back under singleplayer maps. Sound Good? :)
Check Out My Youtube Channel: PlayingRisky!
Minecraft Survival, Mods, and More!

Pikimon_2

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:21 AM

View PostProPride, on 22 March 2013 - 02:13 AM, said:

Hey Pikimon, it's me from the other forum. I'll record a play through for you, and for right now I'll try and put you under Multiplayer. If I can't figure things out with my LAN, and I can't make a personal server, than I'll put you back under singleplayer maps. Sound Good? Posted Image

It sounds good to me! Make sure to send me a link to the video so I can tag it on the original post so that everyone can see!

Posted Image

ProPride
  • Minecraft: ProPride

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:31 AM

View PostPikimon_2, on 22 March 2013 - 02:21 AM, said:

It sounds good to me! Make sure to send me a link to the video so I can tag it on the original post so that everyone can see!

I was able to adjust the setting within the actual game and the LAN network! You'll be staying under multiplayer, so it could be at anytime! My only question: If command blocks are so heavily relied on, why do you have the CommandBlockOutput set to false (I many be missing something here, I don't know all of how minecraft works).

Please leave a note on my forum in the future to play your map. I want people to know I accepted, but I feel that I have written a little too much on my forum and I'm not getting any more responses... :(
Check Out My Youtube Channel: PlayingRisky!
Minecraft Survival, Mods, and More!

Pikimon_2

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:41 AM

View PostProPride, on 22 March 2013 - 02:31 AM, said:

I was able to adjust the setting within the actual game and the LAN network! You'll be staying under multiplayer, so it could be at anytime! My only question: If command blocks are so heavily relied on, why do you have the CommandBlockOutput set to false (I many be missing something here, I don't know all of how minecraft works).

Please leave a note on my forum in the future to play your map. I want people to know I accepted, but I feel that I have written a little too much on my forum and I'm not getting any more responses... :(

CommandBlockOutput false just hides text whenever an action is made (otherwise your screen will be flooded with constant commands) so command blocks are still fully functional.

Can you link me to your forum? I posted to a bunch of forums (As did Ces and Gao) and id like to use the easiest method of communication for someone so helpful :)

Posted Image

Pikimon_2

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:11 AM

Thank you to Cerugador for part1 of his video series :D It's so funny!

Posted Image

Pikimon_2

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:25 AM

Wow Cerugador is making videos super fast!

Posted Image

Pikimon_2

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:23 AM

Another blog talked about our map :)

http://minecraftworl...ysterious-east/

Posted Image