NOTE: Resource PACK IS REQUIRED
Adventure Map Download Link
Resource Pacl that goes with this map (1.6.1)
Hey this is GaoFurui, with my first ever attempt at an adventure map! I decided to make an extremely immersive and detailed map based on the cultures of China, Japan and Tibet! This project took me, Pikimon and Cesar123 over 8 months to complete and we hope that our hard work and labor pays off and that you thoroughly enjoy our map!
I'd also like to thank the_soup for allowing us to use her wonderful skins for this map's NPC villagers! Visit her page on planetminecraft here: http://www.planetmin...ember/the_soup/
I'd also like to thank DJ Persnikity for the amazing wolf skin!
UPDATE MAY 23rd 2013
Watching the comments of the recent Yogcast video we are getting accused a lot of being racist for falsely implying that Chinese and Japanese cultures are the same, when we made a big deal to do the opposite.
It was intended to be a mashup of Chinese, Japanese, and Tibetan cultures in a fantasy setting. In fact Gao Furui and our former associate are Chinese and Japanese respectively, and were actually on board with this map because they wanted to share their culture with everyone else (Really the way we built the map was "Pikimon build X, Y and Z" and I built it to their specifications).
We know the differences between the three cultures and made a big point of pointing that out in many instances in the map, such as the two villages (Xifang being based on Chinese, while Azuma being based on Japanese) The two houses in the second chapter (Yangtze being based on Chinese culture, while Ishikari being Japanese). Even your inventory at that you receive in the beginning reflects this with mooncakes, peaches and lo mein on one side and sushi, cherries, and onigiri on the other. Even in the language there are huge and gigantic distinctions between the two, easily identifiable by anyone.
I am saddened that people have this misconception about this map that we are in any way hateful or ignorant about the culture of Japan and China, we spent a considerable amount of time researching the minutia of Japan and China and spent a considerable amount of effort making sure we showcased the cultures in a respectable manner.
However that being said me, Gao Furui, Cesar123, and even our former associate stand by our map and we mean no harm by our map in any way.
- The Texture Pack that comes with this map is REQUIRED, seriously Pikimon had to make a custom texture pack to make a lot of stuff impossible to make otherwise.
- Make sure to have this map set on either Easy, Normal or Hard. If you put this map on peaceful all the mobs will de-spawn and the map will be less interesting than a walk through the museum of socks.
- This map is heavy on command blocks, make sure they work for you before you play
- This map is made for Survival
- Do not break blocks (that includes item frames)
- Map is designed for 1-3 players
- Firespread must be OFF (IMPORTANT)
- Don't trade with villagers, it's not you can anyways emeralds are non-existant in this map and using them is a bit redundant with the supplies that are give
Although the spawn mechanism in the beginning (through command blocks) ensures that these settings are installed automatically these are some of the settings that are in this map. This can be done with /gamerule [rule] [true/false] if the setting is not installed[/font]
- CommandBlockOutput - false
- doFireTick - false
- doMobLoot - false
- doMobSpawning - false
- doTileDrops - false
- keepInventory - true
- mobGriefing - false
Some of the features of this map include:
- Custom mobs
- Custom texture pack
- Incredible landscapes
- Side missions given by NPC's
- Cohesive storyline
- 6 bosses (4 of which are hidden)
- Custom items to reflect the map
- command block magic!
Walkthrough and Playthrough by Cerugador (Recommended)
Banners! Spread the Word!
What other people think of The Mysterious East
Review by Rsmalec