• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[Help] Testfor commandblock/comparator not working?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Cuniculator
  • Minecraft: cuniculator

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

I Have a problem with the commandblock.. It won't give an output with /testfor
If I do '/testfor @a[r=5]' And I go into that 5 blocks, the comparator doesn't turn on..

Are there problems with plugins? or is it something else ? (commandblocks are enabled)

-Thanks
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Jdman1699

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:41 PM

Do you have it hooked up to a clock? Command blocks won't update unless the receive a redstone signal.
Warning: reading the above post has been known to cause the following side effects: Uncontrollable rage, urge to smash your computer, screaming like an angry gorilla, desire to hire a gang of monkeys to hurl banana peels at Jdman1699.

rtm55982468
  • Minecraft: myguy200

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

hmm I think that will work and i think i might be able to use /testfor now cause i suck at those things
Posted Image

Cuniculator
  • Minecraft: cuniculator

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:11 AM

No, I have a clock hooked up to it ;p
It's still not working
Posted Image

Xivled
    Xivled

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Minecraft: Xivled

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:49 PM

My /testfor command block is not updating either.  @p[lm=5] will not update (yes, with the clock).  When the nearest player goes from 5 to 4 levels it continues to output a signal.  Is this a bug?

Posted Image

All Roads Lead To The CITY

Bobby_mc_Bob

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:28 AM

Same here! I had 4 levels, removed one, powered everything again, comparator was still lit up.Posted Image

MegaDerf
    MegaDerf

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 520 posts
  • Minecraft: MegaDerf

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:20 AM

Add the coordinates in the brackets.
@a[x,y,z,radius]

EDIT: just noticed that the guy above me just necroposted so bad...

Posted Image

DeathShadow_C

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:22 PM

I can't use /testfor at all! When I put in all the correct stuff, I've hooked up a clock to the command block, and it doesn't work! Does anyone know what's wrong? What I have set is a TNT Parkour where the person is at a certain spot, it dispenses TNT on them, while the person has Blast Protection 100 armor (Single Player Commands). In the command block, I have /testfor @p[176,64,-453,3]
Is there anything that I need to change? Do I need to make a certain clock of certain ticks? My clock is in this example, with R = Redstone, and P = Repeater, C = Command Block. Repeaters are set to 2 ticks (2nd position, if you don't understand ticks)

R R R C
R
R R
P P
R R

MegaDerf
    MegaDerf

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 520 posts
  • Minecraft: MegaDerf

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:36 PM

View PostDeathShadow_C, on 24 July 2013 - 01:22 PM, said:

I can't use /testfor at all! When I put in all the correct stuff, I've hooked up a clock to the command block, and it doesn't work! Does anyone know what's wrong? What I have set is a TNT Parkour where the person is at a certain spot, it dispenses TNT on them, while the person has Blast Protection 100 armor (Single Player Commands). In the command block, I have /testfor @p[176,64,-453,3]
Is there anything that I need to change? Do I need to make a certain clock of certain ticks? My clock is in this example, with R = Redstone, and P = Repeater, C = Command Block. Repeaters are set to 2 ticks (2nd position, if you don't understand ticks)

R R R C
R
R R
P P
R R
Are you using a comparator?

Posted Image

nl4l1f3
    nl4l1f3

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 608 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:11 PM

could you show a screenshot of your setup? it might not be working becouse you are not powering the command block. a common isseu with people new to redstone :) i had this isseu in the first place to lol
Posted Image

Darkllama23
  • Minecraft: Darkllama23
  • Xbox:BallisticCat228

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:41 PM

Bump, same problem (with compartors updating signal period), theres a screenshot of mine setup, i am using the /clear command,

Posted Image

Commands: (Right to Left): /clear @p 351:5 -- Comparator --> /say You found a purple key!! -- Repeater --> /give @p 351:5 1

Recabilly

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:17 AM

You cant use the colon you have to put "/clear @p 351 5"

What I found in my personal experience is that when the commandblock isn't updating something in the command block is written wrong. Always double check your commands

cheedude1234
  • Minecraft: khwgdcychee123

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:23 AM

It doesn't work on my server either. I have command blocks enabled and everything. Here are some picks.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

BerserkerProMC

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:18 PM

The reason it's not working is because the redstone that's attached to the command block isn't turning on, so either make the clock 1 closer to the command block or put a redstone repeater in place of the off redstone

PsychoGear
  • Minecraft: PsychoGear
  • Xbox:Psych0Gear

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:35 PM

View PostBerserkerProMC, on 24 October 2013 - 01:18 PM, said:

The reason it's not working is because the redstone that's attached to the command block isn't turning on, so either make the clock 1 closer to the command block or put a redstone repeater in place of the off redstone

The exact opposite should be the case.
The redstone closer to the comparator is not turning off entirely. The commandblock needs to be at least 3 or 4 blocks away from the clock. Otherwise it only recieves a constant signal that changes in strength but does never really turn off.

Hoffman536

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:33 AM

Doesn't work with scoreboard either; I've tried with dummy objective and ran
/testfor @p{score_test=1,score_test_min=1}
in command block linked to the comparator clock. Didn't work.

Skylinerw
    Skylinerw

Sectional Moderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • 3574 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:52 PM

View PostHoffman536, on 01 December 2013 - 10:33 AM, said:

Doesn't work with scoreboard either; I've tried with dummy objective and ran
/testfor @p{score_test=1,score_test_min=1}
in command block linked to the comparator clock. Didn't work.

You need to use square brackets, not curly brackets:

/testfor @p[score_test=1,score_test_min=1]

erik17cool

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:48 AM

View PostPsychoGear, on 24 October 2013 - 01:35 PM, said:

The exact opposite should be the case.
The redstone closer to the comparator is not turning off entirely. The commandblock needs to be at least 3 or 4 blocks away from the clock. Otherwise it only recieves a constant signal that changes in strength but does never really turn off.

You are the best!! You just solved my problem! Thank you so so much! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image DIAMONDS TO YOU

PsychoGear
  • Minecraft: PsychoGear
  • Xbox:Psych0Gear

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:57 AM

View Posterik17cool, on 23 December 2013 - 07:48 AM, said:

You are the best!! You just solved my problem! Thank you so so much! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image DIAMONDS TO YOU
No problem. Always happy to help someone :D

ReddinX
    ReddinX

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:35 PM

Some CMDBLCK help with co-ordinates: Always use the regular Y, but use the second shown X and Z co-ords, and never do any decimals. Then /testforblock works. It also needs a clock constantly updating and a comparator output. Then everything should work.