Minecraft version: 1.6.2 / 1.6.4
Forge version: 9.10.1 (build 871) and 9.11.1 (build 942)
Single player: working "ok" in alpha
Multi player: works but will cause lag
So, someone mentioned TerraFirmaCraft for me and I got hooked. Have made the first version of FF that is compatible with TFC so for now there is a double release for Minecraft 1.6.2+Forge 871 and for Minecraft 1.6.4+Forge 942. Check the file names when downloading. When playing with TFC you need to set the y-offset to 80 since it raises the ground level. Note that FF+TFC is 2-3 times slower due to the sheer amount of additional volume of the world.
Main changes otherwise is a change in how the volcanoes grow, so that the path down to the bottom should be non-straight. This means that existing volcanoes will pop up at slightly different locations - so old upgraded worlds might look a bit ugly.
There have been some minor speed optimisations, an addition of more agressive forest fires, red-neck fishing (water shockwaves from explosions).
There are still diamonds and emeralds inside the volcanoes, if you dare try to fetch them. Try to time your adventure to when the volcano is inactive.
Fysiks Fun is a work in progress that makes all fluids to behave a bit more physically correct and to also add a few other physics based phenomena.The primary aim of the mod is to be compatible with most (all?) other Forge mods and to perform a simplified fluid dynamics simulation of every block in the loaded world and making all of the fluids finite. Additionally it implements a number of other physics related simulations to the world such as trees that fall properly. Currently implemented features (may need some more testing!) include:
- Liquids move and flow in the "natural" way, even oceans are simulated as a finite body of liquid (!)
- Volcanoes, that grow by emitting lava (which cools to stone)
- Re-implemementation of Water, Lava, Oil and Acid blocks
- Trees are falling in a "natural" way when they are cut down.
- Rain deposits additional water in the world at a customizable rate
- Sunshine evaporate liquid from the world at a customizable rate
- Water and lava can interact with a chance to form cobblestone or obsidian
- Liquids is shifted up when a block is placed into the liquid. (Hint: you can build working pumps using only pistons and redstone wiring!). Disabled in latest release.
- Landscape may erode when water is flowing over it. Disabled in latest release
- Trees that are submerged in water will slowly die, trees will drink small amounts of water from nearby ponds.
- Vegetation (tallgrass and flowers) consume nearby water. They spread (slowly) under good conditions and die (slowly) under bad conditions.
- Animals (cows, pigs, sheep and chicken) have an AI that actively seek out and eat vegetation. If they can't eat for a long time they die. If they do eat they may have babies.
- Heat from active fires and lava slowly evaporates nearby water. So if you want to keep you underground mine dry and tidy you may want to start some fires
- Water may seep through dirt/sand/gravel (sometimes even cobblestone) - so don't build your big water falls from those materials. Disabled in latest release.
- Compatible/complementary to the Block Physics mod for those that want even more realism.
- Fysiks for gases, currently only for the Steam block created by boiling water two blocks above lava/fire.
- Enable/disable different modules for each of these features, so you can eg. only use the fluid dynamics or only the dynamic plants, falling trees etc.
- Test/debug behaviour in the Nether and in the End
- Automatically detect liquids installed from other mods and override their movement behaviour.
- Rain lava in the nether
- Implement oil/lava interaction
Volcanic eruptions from Elooram's volcanoesWhen RP2 is updated I might try detect these and patch my volcano eruptions into the pre-generated volcano biomes
- Snow/sand will be modeled as a very viscous fluid - creating dunes.
- Maybe in future: model water/boiling water/steam. Create block for heat exchanger and some form of generator blocks for tech mods. Create block for uranium + rules for chain reactions so you can build powerplants generating steam (and energy) using pistons + water to regulate the reaction. (Could even let lava generate steam to &amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;quot;manually&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;quot; build steam engines powered by lava+water).
Configuration files and modules
Download and Installation
The mod is continuously updated and you can download the latest release. If you have problems downloading the actual zip file, select "File &amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp; Download" (or press Ctrl-S) from within the Google Drive page.
Assuming that you have the right version of Forge installed you can just drop the zip file in your mods/ directory to install it. Please take a look at the configuration file for some of the options. The name of the release now contain the minecraft version (mc164) and the forge version (942) in them so you know which version is needed.
If you have a when loading the mod in Forge this is caused by old version of Java, you need atleast Java 7 or 8.
I haven't yet quite decided for the final license for this mod. In the meantime: This modification (henceforth called "The Mod") to Minecraft is copyrighted and is the intellectual property of mbrx (henceforth called "The Author"), The Mod may only be distributed by The Author or by any of the appointed websites ("minecraftforum.net") or people, and may not be hosted on any other website or distributed publicly, in the original and/or a modified state, without advance written permission from The Author, however mirrors are allowed if credit is due, and The Author is informed directly of said mirror. ©2013 mbrx
License written by EnergyRay