• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.7.2][MinecraftForge][Rei's Minimap/Voxelmap] Minimapsync version b0.4

minimap waypoints synchronization minimapsync reis minimap zans minimap james94jeans2 voxelmap

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

james94jeans2
  • Minecraft: james94jeans2

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:15 PM

Please do not redistribute my work, you can link to this forum post, but not via adf.ly or other moneymaking platforms. Please respect this.

Minimapsync

Making waypoints available on multiplayer servers.

Table of Content:

Description:

This mod is not yet finished and also isn't a very complex mod, however it is a quite useful mod, which I firstly programmed for a friend of mine and myself. It allows you to synchronize your waypoints created with either Rei's Minimap or Zan's Minimap (now also known as Voxelmap) with other players on the server you are playing on (only works if the mod is installed on the server). It also allows you to teleport to your waypoints, which is nothing new for Zan's Minimap (Voxelmap), but for Rei's it is. This mod post contains no screenshots or videos, because there is not much to see, the mod just works in the background with only a few messages displayed to the user.

Legal Notice:

You are allowed to make a review of this mod, you can advertise this mod, but you mustn't make money with my work by uploading it to other platforms or linking to my file via advertising sites. Please don't do that, I did a lot of work and don't want you to make money with it. If you do redistribute my work I'll find you and then ...

Requirements:
  • For version b0.4 (MC 1.7.2):
    • MinecraftForge 10.12.0.1024 for Minecraft 1.7.2

earlyer versions will not work, but newer ones may work fine

• Voxelmap for Minecraft 1.7.2 and Forge (available here)
  • For version b0.3.2 (MC 1.6.4):
    • MinecraftForge 9.11.1.935 for Minecraft 1.6.4

other versions may work fine, but I didn't test them

• Rei's Minimap for Minecraft 1.6.4

or

• Zan's Minimap for Minecraft 1.6.4

Installation:
  • Client:
  • Install MinecraftForge according to the instructions given by the authors of MinecraftForge.
  • Run minecraft once without mods.
  • Open up your ".minecraft" folder an place the "Minimapsync.jar" file in your mods folder.
  • Place the minimap mod of your choice in the mods folder als well
  • Start minecraft and start using this little mod.
  • Server:
  • Install MinecraftForge according to the instructions given by the authors of MinecraftForge on your server.
  • Run your server once without mods.
  • Open your server's folder and place the "Minimapsync.jar" file in your mods folder
  • Start the server and start synchronizing waypoints with it by playing on it with your modded client.

IMPORTANT:

This mod can be installed on your server without all players having installed this mod, so you can download and install it as server host and tell your users about it, however they do not have to install it to be able to join your server, it's just an additional feature to your server, which users can use.

Download:

latest version also available on: planetminecraft.com

Just for your information, you can support the modder (me) for free by using the adf.ly links, I won't get much, but it'll help a little bit. If you want to support me and have some spare money you can also donate to my paypal-account. For more information see the "Support the Modder"-section below.

version b0.4 (MC 1.7.2):

Spoiler: Ad free downloads

Spoiler: Downloads with adf.ly links

The README file will be available soon.

version b0.3.2 (MC 1.6.4):

Spoiler: Ad free downloads

Spoiler: Downloads with adf.ly links

older versions:

archive

Usage:
  • Synchronization:

Playing in SMP or a local multiplayer game you just have to press the configured key to start a synchronization. The default synchronization key is "F12", however you can change this via the vanilla minecraft keybinding configuration menu. After pressing this key the mod will send all waypoints that are set to be visible to the server, which adds unknown waypoints to it's internal list of waypoints and then sends back all waypoints that are not yet on the client, which will then appear on your minimap.

• Teleportation:

To teleport to a waypoint (in SSP & SMP) just use the build in feature of Zan's Minimap or if you are using Rei's Minimap use the command /warptowaypoint, in short /wtw followed by the name of the waypoint you want to teleport to. This command can automatically complete your typed name by pressing the tab-key. WARNING: This mod will not check if it is safe to teleport you, so you may suffocate in a wall or die from fall damage, if the waypoints are not set safe or if something was built on them or removed around them, so be carefull with using this command.

• Server Configuration:

As of version b0.4 minimapsync now has a very simple configuration file, which will only be generated on the server. The file can be found in the /config folder. If you change the boolean (true or false) value in there to true the server will be set to command synchronization. This will prevent normaö users from sending waypoints to the server, they can only receive the waypoints that are allready present on the server. However this would be useless if there was no way to send new waypoints to the server, so there is a way, but to read more about that way of adding waypoints to the server head on to "Command Synchronization" further down the page.

• Command Synchronization:

Now that there is a way of protecting the server from other adding waypoints you'll need a way to add waypoints to the server, besides editing *.minimapsync files. There comes this little command /snyc. This is only available for ops (operators). The command will sync your visible waypoints like a normal sync to the server.

• Delete waypoint from server:

To delete a waypoint from the server's list use the command /delpoint or in short /dp followed by the name of the waypoint to delete the specified waypoint, if there are multiple waypoints with the same name the server will ask you which one to delete.

You do not have to make sure that the waypoint is removed from any client, because deleted waypoints now are put on a blacklist and won't be added to the server anymore.

This command can automatically complete your typed name by pressing the tab-key.

As of version b0.4 you now have to use the command /wpm (waypointmanager) followed by the parameter "dp" and the name of the waypoint(this command still supports tab-completion).

• Recover a deleted Waypoint:

Well there was a way to delete a waypoint from the server, but what about recovering it? As of version b0.4 you now can get a waypoint back onto the servers list by using the new waypointmanager command /wpm with the parameter "rp" followed by the name of the deleted waypoint, this command also supports tab-completions.

Copyright & Modpacks:

This mod is completely written by me and myself and I am 100% sure that I didn't use any code programmed by any other programmer around the world, besides the java standard libraries. If you like this mod and want it in your modpack you're welcome to use it, however you have to give me credit in for example a credits.txt file and place a link to this thread or the planetminecraft page somewhere in the modpack. This mod is not opensource and may not be decompiled by you.By downloading the *.jar file you agree not to decompile or modify this mod in any way, however you could ask me for permission and if I grand it to you I'll probably send you the source.

Changelog:

Spoiler:

Support the Modder:

If you want to support me you can either use the adf.ly links, if you don't want to spent any money, or click the donate button below to donate any amount of money you are willing to give and I would be really happy for any amount even 1 cent. Maybe I'll add a credits list or something which will show all donators. You can also use the donate-button available via curse (look on the right side of the page).

Posted Image

Upcoming features:
  • GUI for selection of which waypoints to synchronize with the server
  • optional syncing with dynmap
If you have any question or ideas for future features do not be shy just comment below and I'll answer as soon as possible.
Best regards,
james94jeans2

PS: If there are any language mistakes tell me about them, I am from Germany and English isn't my main language. Mistakes will be corrected, if you tell me what's wrong.

Edited by james94jeans2, 19 February 2014 - 10:08 PM.

Register or log in to remove.

Luke
    Luke

Redstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 693 posts
  • Minecraft: CurseLuke
  • Xbox:CurseLuke

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:32 PM

The only problem I can see is that you wrote waipoints in server installation.
I like this mod and I hope you'll have fun reading the comments below (wait for it) :)

james94jeans2

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:47 PM

View PostLuke, on 16 March 2013 - 10:32 PM, said:

The only problem I can see is that you wrote waipoints in server installation.
I like this mod and I hope you'll have fun reading the comments below (wait for it) Posted Image
Thanks Luke for the really early comment, I'll have a look at the waipoints Posted Image

Purple_Steve
  • Minecraft: Purple_Steve

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:14 AM

Hey its Purple_Steve can i use your mod Thanks?

james94jeans2

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:26 PM

View PostPurple_Steve, on 23 April 2013 - 07:14 AM, said:

Hey its Purple_Steve can i use your mod Thanks?
Yeah it's ok ;-D

MC_H4Z4RD
  • Minecraft: MC_H4Z4RD

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:50 PM

I have this glitch that when i am in the Twilight Forest (Other Dimensions) It says that the waypoint I am teleporting to does not exist. Which to check to see if it was fixed (I thought it might go away over time) I tried again in front of the waypoint and it did not work! Help :(!

james94jeans2

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:26 PM

View PostMC_H4Z4RD, on 15 June 2013 - 07:50 PM, said:

I have this glitch that when i am in the Twilight Forest (Other Dimensions) It says that the waypoint I am teleporting to does not exist. Which to check to see if it was fixed (I thought it might go away over time) I tried again in front of the waypoint and it did not work! Help Posted Image!
Which version are you using? And on which minecraft version are you playing? And are you playing ssp or smp?
Hope I can help you when given the information.

jasonrogue

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:51 AM

Hey, whenever I try the /wtw command, the console says "An unknown error occured while attempting to perform this command"
Version: version b0.2.2 (MC 1.5.1)
MC Version: 1.5.1
And I'm playing SSP
Posted Image

james94jeans2

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:11 AM

View Postjasonrogue, on 17 June 2013 - 05:51 AM, said:

Hey, whenever I try the /wtw command, the console says "An unknown error occured while attempting to perform this command"
Version: version b0.2.2 (MC 1.5.1)
MC Version: 1.5.1
And I'm playing SSP
Do you have cheats enabled?
That could be the problem, just for testing start the world as LAN-Server an allow cheats.
I will remove this restriction in the version for MC 1.5.2, which will be coming out today.
EDIT: Just noticed that this permission problem was removed earlier.
If that doesn't help please supply the minecraftforge log file.

Edited by james94jeans2, 17 June 2013 - 10:16 AM.

Xetaxheb
    Xetaxheb

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:37 PM

No pics no clicks.
Hell, no pics no real reading of op either.

pauk960
    pauk960

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:42 PM

Can I disable teleportation or at least enable it just for specific waypoints?

I'll include this mod into my modpack once you implement the ability to select which waypoints to sync. I don't want everyone on server to know where my secret base is. :)

Keep up the good work!

james94jeans2

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:57 PM

View Postpauk960, on 17 June 2013 - 12:42 PM, said:

Can I disable teleportation or at least enable it just for specific waypoints?

I'll include this mod into my modpack once you implement the ability to select which waypoints to sync. I don't want everyone on server to know where my secret base is. Posted Image

Keep up the good work!
Well you can kinda control it by disabling the waypoint in your minimap, this mod will only sync enabled (visible) waypoints, however in future I will have a gui for this.

View PostXetaxheb, on 17 June 2013 - 12:37 PM, said:

Hell, no pics no real reading of op either.
? I don't understand that?

Vicati
    Vicati

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:15 AM

Hey there!

Me and my friends are using Tekkit on a server and want to use your mod as extension for Rei's Minimap, but we encounter two problems: First, the teleport commando doesn't recognize our waypoints (probably because you have to sync them before) and if we want to syncronize the waypoints with "F12" the game crashes.

Spoiler:

james94jeans2

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:04 AM

View PostVicati, on 24 June 2013 - 08:15 AM, said:

Hey there!

Me and my friends are using Tekkit on a server and want to use your mod as extension for Rei's Minimap, but we encounter two problems: First, the teleport commando doesn't recognize our waypoints (probably because you have to sync them before) and if we want to syncronize the waypoints with "F12" the game crashes.

Spoiler:

Well, first of all thank you for attaching the crash-log.

Second, open the quoted spoiler.

You are using the Minimapsync version for minecraft 1.5.2 on minecraft version 1.5.1, this may be the main issue, try using the version for 1.5.1 from the archive. If this doesn't help just tell me, I'll have a look at the code and maybe there will be a new version for 1.5.1 later this day, I'll then post a link to it right down here somewhere.

And just a notice: Your java version is really old,  you should update it, because there are a lot of security issues in java, that get more or less fixed with every new version. You can download your latest java over at http://java.com/

Vicati
    Vicati

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:57 PM

Thanks for your help!

I can now sync my waypoints and the game doesn't crash (still does for my friends, but I think we'll figure this out), but it still doesn't find my waypoints for teleportation. Whenever I use the commando, it says this waypoint can't be found in your dimension.

james94jeans2

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:22 PM

View PostVicati, on 24 June 2013 - 04:57 PM, said:

Thanks for your help!

I can now sync my waypoints and the game doesn't crash (still does for my friends, but I think we'll figure this out), but it still doesn't find my waypoints for teleportation. Whenever I use the commando, it says this waypoint can't be found in your dimension.

I think there may be a problem with the waypoint files on the server side where you have to restart the server once after using the sync function for the first time, so the files are reloaded, I am still working around that, don't know the reason for that. I'll add a refresh or reload command next update, so the server does not have to be restarted.

Krzysiek2005

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:44 PM

I have a problem with this mod. I have installed this on server, and I and my friend have installed this on client, but sometimes when I create a waypoint on Rei's Minimap and tap to synchronize, I have one waypoint added to Rei's, but when by friend synchronize, he don't have new waypoint. How to fix it???

james94jeans2

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:21 PM

View PostKrzysiek2005, on 02 July 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

I have a problem with this mod. I have installed this on server, and I and my friend have installed this on client, but sometimes when I create a waypoint on Rei's Minimap and tap to synchronize, I have one waypoint added to Rei's, but when by friend synchronize, he don't have new waypoint. How to fix it???

It's hard to tell where your problem lies exactly, is the waypoint you want to share enabled? Also, can you give me some information about your setup: MC-version and Minimapsync-version at least.
I hope I can help you.

Krzysiek2005

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:22 PM

Ok, I have Minecraft 1.5.2, the latest minimapsync, and i have installed HX-Pack http://www.paczkamod...pl/paczka.html. I have Rei's Minimap. When I click F12 i have 4 waypoints, but my friend when click F12 have 3 waypoints. I set waypoint "Checkpoint", press F12, waypoint is synchronize, but my friend do't see this waypoint after press F12. But sometimes is working.

PepperPlayz

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:07 PM

I would say Rei's Minimap is better than Zan's, cuz the settings are clearer and when ya like the design of Zan's ya can shift it to it

Just a little Tipp for you, guys