240 replies to this topic

Maexx97
    Maexx97

Iron Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 259 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:25 PM

This is an add-on adding a bunch of chargeable Tools and Armor to Buildcraft.

Besides that, it also gives you different kinds of blocks to charge those items with Minecraft Joules(MJs). For more detailed information, read the 'Features' part of this post.

Screenshots:

Posted Image

Spoiler:

Features:
--> Read them here!

Spotlights:

Thanks a lot to takavoncracka from Legion of Chaos (youtube / legionofchaos.org) for this amazing spotlight!

Spoiler:

Developers:
  • Maexx97 ~ Author, Coding
  • SirusKing ~ Textures, Models
Downloads:

Download the latest version over at CurseForge

Make sure the file you are downloading is marked as release!

Backup your world before installing it!
There shouldn't be any issues, but do it anyway.

This requires Buildcraft, make sure it is properly installed and working.
If you are updating from an older version, please read the changelog first

If you find a bug, create an issue here.

API (for modders)
Spoiler:

• To everyone giving suggestions, ideas, bug reports and being awesome, especially the guys on the development page!
  • To SirusKing for his gorgeous textures - without those this mod would be one ugly thing!
  • To everybody contributing to the Buildcraft-Tools-Resources on github
  • To the Buildcraft Team for making such an awesome mod!
  • To the Forge Team for making such an awesome api!
  • To Mojang for making minecraft!
Copyright:
You can distribute this mod, but don't claim it to be your work.
If you include it as a permanent part of any kind of post, website or similar, put a link to this post in there - I'd also appreciate if you inform me before doing that.
I only support modpacks that comply with the conditions of all the other authors.
If you don't fulfill those, you may not include this in your modpack.
If you want to, I'll list your modpack down below.

Modpacks:
You can ask me to list your modpack here if it contains this mod (alphabetical order). I removed the packs that don't seem to be existing anymore and those not updated to 1.6.x; please contact me if I removed yours accidentally!

Links:
Minecraft Forge
Buildcraft
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

DZCreeper
  • Minecraft: DZCreeper

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:23 PM

You might have already noted, but the HTML code copy pasta didn't go so well.
Runs Forthwind TF2 server. Makes textures. AMA about running game servers.

Maexx97
    Maexx97

Iron Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 259 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:43 PM

View PostDZCreeper, on 15 March 2013 - 11:23 PM, said:

You might have already noted, but the HTML code copy pasta didn't go so well.
I was just editing the post when I accidentally pressed "delete", my browser went back to the last page and the post got messed up.
Somehow the HTML code used by the Website to replace the BBCode must have gotten into the post itself.
That was very annoying to clean up…
Posted Image

Txnca
    Txnca

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Minecraft: txnca

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:17 PM

Looks nice.  Will give it a try.
Posted Image

Senioo
    Senioo

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 231 posts
  • Minecraft: Warplord

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:21 PM

Wohoo, last thing that IC2 had and BC didn't. But do we have a chargeable PICK? can the jackhammer break ores? And obsidian?

Maexx97
    Maexx97

Iron Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 259 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:18 AM

View PostTxnca, on 16 March 2013 - 06:17 PM, said:

Looks nice.  Will give it a try.
Nice!
Make sure to give me feedback and suggestions to help me improve the mod ;)

View PostSenioo, on 16 March 2013 - 11:21 PM, said:

Wohoo, last thing that IC2 had and BC didn't. But do we have a chargeable PICK? can the jackhammer break ores? And obsidian?
The Pneumatic Jackhammer can break anything that an iron pickaxe and a shovel can break ( = IC2 mining drill).
The Industrial Jackhammer can break anything that a diamond pickaxe and shovel can break ( = IC2 diamond drill).

I will clarify that in the Features spoiler, wasn't really precise there, sorry ;)
Posted Image

Maexx97
    Maexx97

Iron Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 259 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:20 PM

We hit 1000 downloads, thanks everybody!
Posted Image

Techwolf22

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:42 PM

These are really awesome. I have a suggestion though. Could you possibly add some type of sword or weapon, like IC2's Nano Saber. There may be one there and I'm blind and can't see it in NEI. There may be a bug with a recipe I can't seem to find the recipe for hardened energized plates or energized ingots. Other than that they all seem to work well though.

Posted Image

Maexx97
    Maexx97

Iron Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 259 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:16 AM

View PostTechwolf22, on 29 March 2013 - 04:42 PM, said:

These are really awesome. I have a suggestion though. Could you possibly add some type of sword or weapon, like IC2's Nano Saber. There may be one there and I'm blind and can't see it in NEI. There may be a bug with a recipe I can't seem to find the recipe for hardened energized plates or energized ingots. Other than that they all seem to work well though.
Thanks for your interest!
Weapons are planned, maybe one will be in the next version, depends on how long Buildcraft takes to be released for 1.5.1.

The energized ingot and the hardened energized plate are both crafted in BCs Assembly Table; the ingot is just a piece of iron or bronze, the hardened plate is an energized plate and a diamond. I suggest installing the Buildcraft-NEI plugin, it allows you to see all the special recipes Posted Image
Posted Image

Nightmoore

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:48 AM

Well, JUST installed this and can't wait to craft the suits. I have no idea why this thread isn't lit up like a Christmas tree. I have nothing against IC2, but I don't use it - MC is complicated enough with my mod build-out and I don't use it. Only thing I was missing was some awesome armor, and this looks perfect! Props man. Keep up the good work!

Maexx97
    Maexx97

Iron Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 259 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:39 PM

View PostNightmoore, on 31 March 2013 - 06:48 AM, said:

Well, JUST installed this and can't wait to craft the suits. I have no idea why this thread isn't lit up like a Christmas tree. I have nothing against IC2, but I don't use it - MC is complicated enough with my mod build-out and I don't use it. Only thing I was missing was some awesome armor, and this looks perfect! Props man. Keep up the good work!
Thanks!
It's always encouraging to hear that people like it.
Make sure to give me any suggestions or critics you might have, I'm always trying to improve the mod.
Have fun!
Posted Image

osgood
    osgood

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:02 PM

is this a goood mod?

i am thinking of getting it. what does it add

Nightmoore

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:50 PM

Ok, I'm totally digging it. FINALLY....some cool suits IC2 style with just buildcraft. And I don't even have to worry about power conversion.  

I saw your other thread before your release here and I couldn't help but notice those Kinetic Engine's you're working on. That is super bad-ass man. Here's what I would strongly suggest: Make those water-wheels at least TWICE that size. If you've never looked at Better Than Wolves, go check out some YouTube videos of his water-wheels. They are awesome. NOBODY has anything like that for a Forge mod. And I'm sure you already know how super-popular Eloram's giant windmills are in RedPower. Give us some REAL water wheels that we can build a whole structure around (like a real mill) and that would be amazing. The community would eat that stuff up!

Senioo
    Senioo

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:01 AM

1 more thing: Can the tools be enchanted? Especially with silk touch?

Maexx97
    Maexx97

Iron Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 259 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:29 AM

View Postosgood, on 31 March 2013 - 08:02 PM, said:

is this a goood mod?

i am thinking of getting it. what does it add
Read the Features spoiler Posted Image

View PostNightmoore, on 31 March 2013 - 10:50 PM, said:

Ok, I'm totally digging it. FINALLY....some cool suits IC2 style with just buildcraft. And I don't even have to worry about power conversion.  

I saw your other thread before your release here and I couldn't help but notice those Kinetic Engine's you're working on. That is super bad-ass man. Here's what I would strongly suggest: Make those water-wheels at least TWICE that size. If you've never looked at Better Than Wolves, go check out some YouTube videos of his water-wheels. They are awesome. NOBODY has anything like that for a Forge mod. And I'm sure you already know how super-popular Eloram's giant windmills are in RedPower. Give us some REAL water wheels that we can build a whole structure around (like a real mill) and that would be amazing. The community would eat that stuff up!
The Kinetic Engines are in a very early development stage. I am planning to give you the possibility to choose the kind of wheel by putting different items in a inventory-slot of the engine, but making them different sizes wasn't something I thought about (I thought of different materials, like iron wheel, wooden wheel etc.). That's a very good idea, bigger wheels would then of course produce more MJs; The issue with that is just performance - the bigger the wheel, the more blocks in the world you have to check for water, it's flow-direction and so on. But I'll try to do it, upload test versions, get feedback, then I can see whether it works out on the performance side - but it'll be a while until then.
So thank you a lot for that suggestion, will do it Posted Image

View PostSenioo, on 01 April 2013 - 01:01 AM, said:

1 more thing: Can the tools be enchanted? Especially with silk touch?
No, I disabled it for all the tools - It feels OP to have an unbreakable tool with enchants, especially now that we have enchanted books.
I am thinking about adding a config option for that though.
Posted Image

Nightmoore

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:43 PM

Ok, I took it for a test spin last night and spent some time with it. First, I love the system. You did a fantastic job on the charging blocks and the mech suit looks super cool. I knew Tier 3 would be crazy expensive (and a pain to craft), but it should be. So after getting everything on and powering it up, I took it for a test drive.

I was plowing through normal mobs like butter (as I kinda expected). I'm running the Mutant Creatures mod, and I had a fight with a mutant Creeper....and he couldn't do squat. In fact, his death explosion went off right in my face, and my health didn't move. This.....kinda freaked me out. So I checked the charge/damage levels on the suit, and it had barely budged. So I summoned a wither boss and literally let him beat the #$%@ outta me for several mins before obliterating him. I checked the armor again and.....well, the legs took a little damage, but not much.

This thing is awesome man. But honestly, it's OP. Like WAY OP. There is nothing in the game that has any chance of damaging me - much less killing me. The only thing that could possibly even hurt me is another player wearing this thing. And it would take us 3 hours to kill each other. You've got something absolutely amazing here, and I commend you for a job well done.....BUT, it takes 100% of the risk out of survival, and essentially turns it into creative mode. I know you can tweak some stuff in the config, but the default settings are  slightly insane when it comes to handling damage. Even if it was HALF this powerful, it might still be OP. But I'm giving you props on the crafting recipies and the whole system you have here....it's a super cool mod. I just don't know if I can handle running around in God mode all the time.  :(

Maexx97
    Maexx97

Iron Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 259 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:35 PM

I looked into it, and the armor thing is not a balance problem, it's an actual bug - Instead of damaging the armor by [damage * multiplier (default 3)], I was only damaging it by the multiplier itself. That's also why the armor takes 3 damage on every hit, no matter if you just fall 5 blocks or if the wither hits you.
The fix will be in the next version, which will be MC 1.5, so for now you'll have to change the multiplier in the config options to something like 18, sorry.
Thanks for telling me, otherwise I wouldn't have noticed! ;)
Posted Image

Nightmoore

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:15 PM

View PostMaexx97, on 01 April 2013 - 09:35 PM, said:

I looked into it, and the armor thing is not a balance problem, it's an actual bug - Instead of damaging the armor by [damage * multiplier (default 3)], I was only damaging it by the multiplier itself. That's also why the armor takes 3 damage on every hit, no matter if you just fall 5 blocks or if the wither hits you.
The fix will be in the next version, which will be MC 1.5, so for now you'll have to change the multiplier in the config options to something like 18, sorry.
Thanks for telling me, otherwise I wouldn't have noticed! Posted Image

That's cool bro. Glad to hear it wasn't calculating damage as intended there. I still think it's pretty awesome. Maybe when you get some spare time you could contemplate a hotfix/new version for 1.4.7? All fronts are dead silent on release dates for BC, Redpower, Forestry, Thermal Exp or any of the major players. I'm scared it could be weeks. Just a thought....to keep the momentum going. The last thing you want is for one of the popular mod reviewers to showcase it as is.

Senioo
    Senioo

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:34 AM

Definitely add at least an option to allow enchanting, because without that, these tools become mostly useless. And IC2 tools can be enchanted so I don't see a problem with an unbreakable tool that can be enchanted. Isn't that the point of automation/industry? To not have to replace ur tools and etc? Definitely add a config to allow enchanting.

Maexx97
    Maexx97

Iron Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 259 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:02 AM

View PostNightmoore, on 01 April 2013 - 11:15 PM, said:

That's cool bro. Glad to hear it wasn't calculating damage as intended there. I still think it's pretty awesome. Maybe when you get some spare time you could contemplate a hotfix/new version for 1.4.7? All fronts are dead silent on release dates for BC, Redpower, Forestry, Thermal Exp or any of the major players. I'm scared it could be weeks. Just a thought....to keep the momentum going. The last thing you want is for one of the popular mod reviewers to showcase it as is.
Thats a good point, I'll have to make a copy and downgrade it. I'll try to do it, hopefully I can put out the fix in 1-2 days.

View PostSenioo, on 02 April 2013 - 12:34 AM, said:

Definitely add at least an option to allow enchanting, because without that, these tools become mostly useless. And IC2 tools can be enchanted so I don't see a problem with an unbreakable tool that can be enchanted. Isn't that the point of automation/industry? To not have to replace ur tools and etc? Definitely add a config to allow enchanting.
I will add a config option, I won't change the default though. Depending on how much I need to change, it'll be in the next version Posted Image
Posted Image