• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.7][64x] ♦ SixtyGig Resource Pack ♦ (Cartoon Style, Clean, Semi Faithful) (Build 1-14-2014) -> Quartz added! <-

over 4000 textures!! 400k downloads ctm 64x cartoony faithful mcpatcher

• Please log in to reply
1319 replies to this topic

Rayvolution
    Rayvolution

Pantless Moderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 1688 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:39 AM

POPULAR

PSA: THIS PACK REQUIRES MCPATCHER! OPTIFINE IS NOT A SUITABLE SUBSTITUTE!!! IF YOU CAN NOT INSTALL MCPATCHER, DOWNLOAD SIXTYGIG LIGHT!

Visit the Official Website
http://resourcepack.sixtygig.com

Want to see my Live Stream while I work and play?
Click here!

Posted Image

Posted Image

If you love my pack (or hate it?) Please leave a comment! I love hearing your feedback! Also don't forget to give some Posted Image and Posted Image love! Posted Image

Posted Image
- My goal is to bring the feel of the vanilla texture pack to life in a more cartoony high resolution artwork. Why do I call it semi-faithful? It's not a true faithful texture pack. It won't be *exactly* like vanilla pixel:pixel like most faithful packs would be, it's still going to be completely my original work hand drawn from scratch. But it will be based on the vanilla texture pack. If you pay close attention to my textures, you'll notice I almost always use the same base colors and shapes of the original vanilla textures, only deviating where allowed without breaking the ultimate feel of Minecraft. A good example would be textures with very distinctive shapes like planks, chests, doors and bricks will retain their original shape/form, just redrawn into my art style.

The purpose of being faithful to the original vanilla blocks is simple, a lot of texture packs go wrong (in my opinion) by totally changing the basic design of the blocks, shaping them into another block style entirely. For example, the planks in Sphax's famous BDCraft, while beautiful, look more like box crates than MC style planks. While that is perfectly fine in a single player environment, I feel it's not good in a multiplayer environment. You want to know your builds look good with vanilla so everyone can enjoy your masterwork, not just you with your texture pack! With my pack, you won't have to switch back and forth!

Posted Image
EVEN IN 1.7: MCPatcher is required to take advantage of this packs full capabilities!

Here's a link to MCPatcher, install it with ALL default mods selected and my pack will work just fine.
http://www.minecraft...fix-303-245-03/

LATEST BUILD 1-14-2014
Download MC1.7.x (PMC)

Download MC1.7.x (Curse)

Download MC1.7.x (Mirror)
Download SixtyGig Light (Non-MCPatcher users ONLY - Not recommended!!)

Spoiler: About SixtyGig Light + Curse Widget

Patch Packs!
Patch Packs are small resource packs you can load on top of SixtyGig, offering a more customized experience that may suit your personal tastes!

Patch Pack: Connected Ore Blocks (Primary)
(Mirror)
Spoiler: Curse Widget
Full CTM For Coal, Lapis, Iron, Gold, Redstone, Emerald and Diamond blocks!
Posted Image

Patch Pack: Seamless Glass (Primary)
(Mirror)
Spoiler: Curse Widget
This pack removes the alpha layer's grid pattern in the blocks, taking it away from faithful but making it more seamless in appearance.
Posted Image

Spoiler: HOW TO INSTALL SIXTYGIG AND PATCH PACKS!!

Spoiler: Direct download stats

Spoiler: changelog

Posted Image
If you're interest in making unofficial mod texture support for SixtyGig, please contact me. I have a lot of resources at my disposal to help you out, including free web hosting and FTP access for your files. Posted Image

Official Mod Support (Packs by me!):
None Yet!

Unofficial Mod Support (Packs by other people!):
None Yet!

Spoiler: Unofficial Modder Expectations/Rules to be listed

Posted Image
- You are free and modify my texture pack for your own personal use however you deem fit. But you MAY NOT DISTRIBUTE THOSE CHANGES WITHOUT MY PERMISSION.
- You are free to use this pack in any screenshots or videos you like, including monetized youtube videos.
- You are free to make this pack your official server texture pack, but your users must go to an authorized download location to obtain the pack.
- You may never put a link to my pack behind adf.ly or any other for-profit service. If you want someone to download my pack, please direct them to one of my official download locations only.

AUTHORIZED DOWNLOAD LOCATIONS:
http://resourcepack.sixtygig.com
http://www.minecraft.../topic/1727611-
http://www.curse.com...-pack-alpha-bui

Posted Image
I will always support you by having direct, no frills access to my texture pack. Donating any amount from $.01 to $10,000 will be greatly appreciated but absolutely never expected or required! I do this for fun, and I love to see other people enjoy my work.

I will list every single person who donates, no matter the amount here in this thread and anywhere else on the web that's reasonable. Just be sure to include your Minecraft IGN (or whatever name you want) when you donate!
Also; If you want me to link to your any of your work via your screen name in the list below, leave a link as well!

Click here to Donate!
The "Totally Awesome People" List:
Arnnie, Bill L., bizorrinho, Dacalon, Frostbite426, Jason B., Johann P., Justice L., Maxime G., shanmoon, Skydealer, William L., YamCom

Posted Image

Featured Videos:

THE LATEST:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Spoiler: More Items

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Spoiler: More blocks!

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

CLICK HERE FOR MORE

Posted Image

[url="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1727611-/"][img]http://resourcepack.sixtygig.com/images/post/sixtygig-resource-pack-signature.png[/img][/url]

Posted Image
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

corner_g
    corner_g

Retired One

• Retired Staff
  • Curse Premium
  • 3010 posts
  • Minecraft: corner_g

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:46 AM

This is looking very nice! I really like the planks and stone bricks! Although, the obsidian looks... Kind of weird. I'm not sure what it is supposed to be, but if that is the "unique" look you want for it, that's not a problem. I also think you should embed those diamonds into the stone a bit. Maybe add some cracks in the stone around it...

Fare well everyone! My time to retire has come!
"And with that, POW! I'm gone."
---Lord Crump

Posted Image

Rayvolution
    Rayvolution

Pantless Moderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 1688 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:55 AM

View Postcorner_g, on 15 March 2013 - 02:46 AM, said:

This is looking very nice! I really like the planks and stone bricks! Although, the obsidian looks... Kind of weird. I'm not sure what it is supposed to be, but if that is the "unique" look you want for it, that's not a problem. I also think you should embed those diamonds into the stone a bit. Maybe add some cracks in the stone around it...

I like your idea for Diamonds, I'll give it a shot once I get back to work on the ores. Posted Image

Obsidian was a a bit of a challenge, I ending up making several versions of it. I was trying to in-vision what Mojang felt Obsidian looked like. Looking at the original textures I got the impression of a deep, dark purple natural crystal/glass, so that's what I went with. Although, I think Obsidian looks a bit better in-game than the shot.

Here's another shot of Obsidian, how does this look? I may try to re-tackle it down the road, my server's players give me mixed opinions about it, some love it, some don't think it's all that special.

Spoiler:

Posted Image

corner_g
    corner_g

Retired One

• Retired Staff
  • Curse Premium
  • 3010 posts
  • Minecraft: corner_g

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:00 AM

View PostRayvolution, on 15 March 2013 - 02:55 AM, said:

I like your idea for Diamonds, I'll give it a shot once I get back to work on the ores. Posted Image

Obsidian was a a bit of a challenge, I ending up making several versions of it. I was trying to in-vision what Mojang felt Obsidian looked like by looking at the original textures I got the impression of a deep, dark purple natural crystal/glass, so that's what I went with. Although, I think Obsidian looks a bit better in-game than the shot.

Here's another shot of Obsidian, how does this look? I may try to re-tackle it down the road, my server's players give me mixed opinions about it, some love it, some don't think it's all that special.

Spoiler:

I guess my concern with the obsidian was the white spots, but from a distance, and when tiled, the obsidian looks fine, and the dots don't really seem to be a problem. From that shot, I can see what you were going for. And it is actually well done in it's own way. :)

Fare well everyone! My time to retire has come!
"And with that, POW! I'm gone."
---Lord Crump

Posted Image

Rayvolution
    Rayvolution

Pantless Moderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 1688 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:08 AM

View Postcorner_g, on 15 March 2013 - 03:00 AM, said:

I guess my concern with the obsidian was the white spots, but from a distance, and when tiled, the obsidian looks fine, and the dots don't really seem to be a problem. From that shot, I can see what you were going for. And it is actually well done in it's own way. Posted Image

Thank you. ;)

I may still tweak it down the road, Most people tend to like most of my other work, but I get a lot of mixed opinions on obsidian. Personally, I like it though.

time will tell, nothing says I can't go back to it down the road!
Posted Image

Rayvolution
    Rayvolution

Pantless Moderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 1688 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:49 AM

Here's a slightly updated ore, I tweaked the colors and gave it more depth.. After I complete them all, I'll go back and see how I could go about adding cracks without adding too much detail and taking away from the clean appearance. Posted Image
Posted Image

MidorikoSama
  • Minecraft: Zerhai

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:56 AM

beautiful texture pack, i can't wait till u release it!
Posted Image
Posted Image Pet me, I'm Fluffy!

FlavouredCondoms
  • Minecraft: FlavouredCondoms

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:07 AM

I really like this texture pack, will definitely use it when you release it.
Posted Image

skydealer

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:14 AM

It has my vote.  I've been looking for a texture pack like that for a while now.

nymph7089

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:45 PM

This texture pack is coming along nicely.  I look forward to seeing the rest of the pack as it progresses.  You have my vote  -ecclamw-

Rayvolution
    Rayvolution

Pantless Moderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 1688 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:22 PM

Thanks for the support!

Here's some emeralds for your trouble! Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

user_1259045

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:14 AM

Reminds me of Sphax PureBD, except smoother and brighter.
Looks really nice!
Completed maps: Sunburn Islands, Nightmare Realm, Uncharted Territory III, Inferno Mines (pending)
Currently playing: Infernal Sky II, The Fire Beneath

Currently playing: Terraria, Spelunky

Rayvolution
    Rayvolution

Pantless Moderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 1688 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:04 AM

View PostWaterTipper, on 16 March 2013 - 03:14 AM, said:

Reminds me of Sphax PureBD, except smoother and brighter.
Looks really nice!

You're not the first to tell me that! Posted Image What's funny is I had never seen Sphax before. 3 people told me my art style is very similar and I should check it out so I decided to take a look at it. He did great job on that texture pack! Posted Image

We both share a lot of the same "cartoon" sleek style, although I feel they're both distinctively different packs in the end.
Posted Image

Rayvolution
    Rayvolution

Pantless Moderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 1688 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:21 AM

Gold ore!

I may rework it in the future, but this is the current design. What do you guy's think? should I retackle it later?
Posted Image
Posted Image

Rayvolution
    Rayvolution

Pantless Moderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 1688 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:29 AM

Updated ores shot! All but Lapis and Redstone completed.

Still may go back and tweak gold some.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Crimsollite
  • Minecraft: Crimsollite

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:57 AM

Ugh...
I REALLY want to know what this pack looks like, but all the images are broken.

TreeSpawn
  • Minecraft: TreeSpawn

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:26 AM

there seemes to be a problem with the screenshots.
A very accurate description of redstone.

Rayvolution
    Rayvolution

Pantless Moderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 1688 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:35 AM

Sorry, I will have the screenshots back up shortly. I am in the middle of reinstalling my entire web server (Where the screenshots are stored) ;)
Posted Image

Rayvolution
    Rayvolution

Pantless Moderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 1688 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:23 PM

The images are back online! Sorry about that. :)

Enjoy!
Posted Image

Rayvolution
    Rayvolution

Pantless Moderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 1688 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:52 AM

Grass and dirt:

Posted Image
Posted Image