Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Forestry mod?

pe forestry mod

  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1

TBoyH
    TBoyH

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:12 PM

First off, hello everybody.
I like playing with large mods on the pc version like buildcraft which adds lots of extra items and abilities,  but I can  only find little mods like flashing sky or climb all blocks. I looked into trying to replicate the forestry mod but I currently dont have a pc, can anyone help to do this?

Register or log in to remove.

#2

Riolu
    Riolu

    Void Walker

  • Members
  • 1642 posts
  • Location: Asia
  • Minecraft: RioluMCF

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:58 AM

This is not possible at the moment because the only mods you can make for PE are "unlocks"
Posted Image

#3

TBoyH
    TBoyH

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:30 PM

What are unlocks?
Voltz paradox, 2 Red-matter explosives directly next to each other immediately destroy the world, including bedrock.
and crash your server. That's what i would like to happen anyway.

#4

Swyfter
    Swyfter

    Coal Miner

  • Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:48 PM

View PostTBoyH, on 15 March 2013 - 03:30 PM, said:

What are unlocks?
Unlocks are like more items and things you can't get in the base game without mods example water, and lava.

Posted Image


#5

TBoyH
    TBoyH

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:57 PM

View PostUberBlacknPanda, on 15 March 2013 - 03:48 PM, said:


Unlocks are like more items and things you can't get in the base game without mods example water, and lava.
Some apps from the play store let you spawn in water and lava, any mods in the utk are all just silly like flashing sky, I've always wanted to install the forestry mod or something similar since I got pocket edition
Voltz paradox, 2 Red-matter explosives directly next to each other immediately destroy the world, including bedrock.
and crash your server. That's what i would like to happen anyway.

#6

Link
    Link

    Void Walker

  • Members
  • 1692 posts
  • Location: Saving redheaded detectives with my ghost tricks.
  • Minecraft: linkisheroic
  • Xbox:What?

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

This is not possible as you cannot add code to PE. As much as I would like legend gear on PE.

Forever protecting Hyrule with the power of the Master Sword!


Rules of MCF: http://rules.mcf.li/


#7

Riolu
    Riolu

    Void Walker

  • Members
  • 1642 posts
  • Location: Asia
  • Minecraft: RioluMCF

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:34 AM

View PostTBoyH, on 15 March 2013 - 03:57 PM, said:

Some apps from the play store let you spawn in water and lava, any mods in the utk are all just silly like flashing sky, I've always wanted to install the forestry mod or something similar since I got pocket edition
Yes, mods like being able to run faster are "unlocks" as well.
Posted Image

#8

Jocopa3
    Jocopa3

    Diamond Miner

  • Members
  • 719 posts
  • Location: Earth

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:00 AM

Just to update some people, mods/patches are not unlocks. My flat map mod isn't an unlock since there isn't code to make flat maps at all, thus it is modifying of code and should be called a mod. Second, you can add new code to the game via 3rd party tweaks (iOS) and apps (Android), which is essentially what my up and coming GLSL shader mod will be (BL from app to custom render code, BL from custom render code to app).

As for adding new items and such, it will eventually be possible, but as for now we are still attempting to lay down the framework of coded mods and figure out what is actually possible and what isn't. So once the boundries are drawn well, mod suggestions like this could be possible, but could also not be possible.

Did you know I make music? Just click my logo to listen to my awesome Electronic beats!

Posted Image


#9

TBoyH
    TBoyH

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:20 PM

Ok, I found this site:https://github.com/zhuowei/MinecraftPEModWiki/wiki/Tutorial:-Make-a-simple-Minecraft-PE-mod
Which shows you how to edit the code to get 8 quick access slots but im thinking if I can instead of downloading a mod for it I can add new blocks that have the same texture as the forestry and when pressed on open up a gui I.e the farm. Would someone tell me exactly how to view the code for the crafting table,  furnace and stone cutter please, I think I could go on from there with info on creating new blocks
Voltz paradox, 2 Red-matter explosives directly next to each other immediately destroy the world, including bedrock.
and crash your server. That's what i would like to happen anyway.

#10

Cyrartyx
    Cyrartyx

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:34 AM

View PostTBoyH, on 23 March 2013 - 08:20 PM, said:

Ok, I found this site:https://github.com/zhuowei/MinecraftPEModWiki/wiki/Tutorial:-Make-a-simple-Minecraft-PE-mod
Which shows you how to edit the code to get 8 quick access slots but im thinking if I can instead of downloading a mod for it I can add new blocks that have the same texture as the forestry and when pressed on open up a gui I.e the farm. Would someone tell me exactly how to view the code for the crafting table,  furnace and stone cutter please, I think I could go on from there with info on creating new blocks


As said multiple times big mods as forestry is not currently possible. You can only change names of items and unlock secret items sorry.

#11

thatoneguy870
  • Location: sneakin up on ya...
  • Minecraft: radiation_159
  • Xbox:have a PS3 :D

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:39 PM

i bet you want this mod as much as i want the gun mod.
(don't worry im not being mean at all,im actually really nice.)
im a fan of minecraft, everyone thats not a huge troll is a friend in my book.
^_^

#12

TBoyH
    TBoyH

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:10 PM

View Postthatoneguy870, on 26 March 2013 - 09:39 PM, said:

i bet you want this mod as much as i want the gun mod.
(don't worry im not being mean at all,im actually really nice.)
yh, but the gun mod would be a lot easier to code than the forestry,  all you need to do is copy the code for bow and arrow, give the arrows and bow different names and textures then different reload times and you're done!
Voltz paradox, 2 Red-matter explosives directly next to each other immediately destroy the world, including bedrock.
and crash your server. That's what i would like to happen anyway.

#13

xEurekaDoctorx

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

View PostJocopa3, on 22 March 2013 - 01:00 AM, said:

Just to update some people, mods/patches are not unlocks. My flat map mod isn't an unlock since there isn't code to make flat maps at all, thus it is modifying of code and should be called a mod. Second, you can add new code to the game via 3rd party tweaks (iOS) and apps (Android), which is essentially what my up and coming GLSL shader mod will be (BL from app to custom render code, BL from custom render code to app).

As for adding new items and such, it will eventually be possible, but as for now we are still attempting to lay down the framework of coded mods and figure out what is actually possible and what isn't. So once the boundries are drawn well, mod suggestions like this could be possible, but could also not be possible.
I have been waiting for a mod like the one you are talking about!!! This will make PE amazing!!!!  Also since we can finally add code to the game... Could we make our own boss now?
Posted Image

#14

Anbu
    Anbu

    Ghast Hunter

  • Members
  • 2739 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:53 PM

View Postrandommcstuff, on 15 March 2013 - 08:58 AM, said:

This is not possible at the moment because the only mods you can make for PE are "unlocks"
Technically, all "unlocks" you speak of, are mods. The word "mod" refers to "Modification", which us modders, have modified the game.

View PostTBoyH, on 26 March 2013 - 10:10 PM, said:

yh, but the gun mod would be a lot easier to code than the forestry,  all you need to do is copy the code for bow and arrow, give the arrow, it only takes over the bow, arrow, and snowball. Also, this is not available atm, due to us not being able to add in code (well we can but not to that extent yet?)
quote name='xEurekaDoctorx' timestamp='1364490118' post='21657138']
I have been waiting for a mod like the one you are talking about!!! This will make PE amazing!!!!  Also since we can finally add code to the game... Could we make our own boss now?
Im not sure, about this one, we can use mobilesubstrate to make a button or something in the game, but we are getting  close Posted Image

View Postthatoneguy870, on 26 March 2013 - 09:39 PM, said:

i bet you want this mod as much as i want the gun mod.
(don't worry im not being mean at all,im actually really nice.)
So am I

#15

Thelordvoldemort
  • Minecraft: krishanpatel97

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

No it isn't possible but it will,the best mcpe devs can't do it

#16

thatoneguy870
  • Location: sneakin up on ya...
  • Minecraft: radiation_159
  • Xbox:have a PS3 :D

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:17 AM

i would be a modder if i used pc.
but i don't.
i can't even post maps because of that.
:(
im a fan of minecraft, everyone thats not a huge troll is a friend in my book.
^_^

#17

Anbu
    Anbu

    Ghast Hunter

  • Members
  • 2739 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:09 PM

View Postthatoneguy870, on 31 March 2013 - 12:17 AM, said:

i would be a modder if i used pc.
but i don't.
i can't even post maps because of that.
Posted Image
I post maps, using an android tablet., as long as you know where to get the right apps, however, if you use iProducts, and have no PC, im not sure if you can w/o jailbreak.

#18

TBoyH
    TBoyH

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:15 PM

View PostAnbu, on 31 March 2013 - 12:09 PM, said:

I post maps, using an android tablet., as long as you know where to get the right apps, however, if you use iProducts, and have no PC, im not sure if you can w/o jailbreak.
You Could Also Use UTK to save backups of maps which saves as a .map file either under .temp or downloads for Android
Voltz paradox, 2 Red-matter explosives directly next to each other immediately destroy the world, including bedrock.
and crash your server. That's what i would like to happen anyway.