• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Mob spawning distance.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

deathwolf8901

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:04 PM

Hey guys I was just woundering what is the furthest a mob will spawn from you? I think the wiki says its 64 blocks, does anyone know if this is right or if it is more or less?

Register or log in to remove.

IronMagus

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:09 PM

Don't you love living in the future as we do?  Isn't it grand?  We have personal computers, and high-speed internet installed in cars and coffee bars, even on our cordless cellular telephones, which are small enough to carry around in our pockets.  And now there's even this thing called "the wiki" which has the answers to almost all of our questions.

...yet somehow we still choose to post said questions to the forum anyway, instead of looking up the answers for ourselves.

http://www.minecraft....net/wiki/Spawn
http://www.minecraft...wn#Mob_spawning

Mobs spawn naturally within a 15x15 chunk (240x240 block) area around the player. When there are multiple players, mobs can spawn within this distance of any of them. However, mobs that move farther than 128 blocks from any player will immediately despawn, so the mob spawning area is effectively limited to spheres with a radius of 128 blocks, centered at each player.

Posted Image

Village Mechanics: A not-so-brief guide - Update for 1.4! Added subsection on iron farming to the iron golems section. Only ten villagers required to spawn golems (down from sixteen)! Put to rest the "facing doors cancel each other" myth!

View PostTechdolphin, on 30 September 2013 - 08:33 PM, said:

If you say plz because it is shorter than please, I will say no because it is shorter than yes.

deathwolf8901

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:02 PM

Yes it is great it allows you to meet arrogant SOBs that cannot see the person has read the info and would like clarification!

So thanks for the clarification you may go back to placing your head back where the sun does not shine until you come to talk down to someone else who is stuck and asks a question.

IronMagus

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:16 PM

View Postdeathwolf8901, on 10 March 2013 - 10:02 PM, said:

Yes it is great it allows you to meet arrogant SOBs that cannot see the person has read the info and would like clarification!

You said you think that the wiki says 64, which it does not say.  Is that supposed to indicate to me that you have read it, or that you haven't?  Thoroughly?  Recently?

View Postdeathwolf8901, on 10 March 2013 - 10:02 PM, said:

So thanks for the clarification you may go back to placing your head back where the sun does not shine until you come to talk down to someone else who is stuck and asks a question.
Hi, I don't think we've met.  My name's IronMagus, and I'm kind of a jerk.  I'm sure we'll get along just fine.
Village Mechanics: A not-so-brief guide - Update for 1.4! Added subsection on iron farming to the iron golems section. Only ten villagers required to spawn golems (down from sixteen)! Put to rest the "facing doors cancel each other" myth!

If you say plz because it is shorter than please, I will say no because it is shorter than yes.

deathwolf8901

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:07 PM

Oh do you know if mobs walk around over 24 blocks away from the player and if they do is that in height as well as long the X/Z axis?

PS Nice to meet you, next time you should introduce yourself like that straight off.

EDIT: Nevermind I found it under the AI section of the Mobs page.

IronMagus

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:19 PM

View Postdeathwolf8901, on 10 March 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

Oh do you know if mobs walk around over 24 blocks away from the player and if they do is that in height as well as long the X/Z axis?
Posted Image

PS Nice to meet you, next time you should introduce yourself like that straight off.
People figure it out, soon enough.

neggie333
    neggie333

Mathematical Dessert

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:34 AM

I love internet arguments. They're fun to read.
Posted Image
I have no idea what this is. Click on it, though. It's fun.

tedomedo
    tedomedo

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:16 AM

How far from spawner blazes can be spawned?

Realtime911
  • Minecraft: Realtime911

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:47 AM

how about the Height?

Crumpetxxix
    Crumpetxxix

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1111 posts
  • Minecraft: Crump3txxix

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:41 PM

View PostIronMagus, on 10 March 2013 - 10:16 PM, said:

Hi, I don't think we've met.  My name's IronMagus, and I'm kind of a jerk.  I'm sure we'll get along just fine.

I laughed pretty hard at this.

View PostRealtime911, on 09 October 2013 - 11:47 AM, said:

how about the Height?

Someone doesn't seem to understand what spherical means.
If you wanna take a look at my LP series, check it out on my channel at http://www.youtube.c...ser/Crump3txxix.  If not, my journal (which the series is based on) is here http://www.minecraft...ournal-for-172/