• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.7.2] Inventory Tweaks 1.57 (March 14)

• Please log in to reply
1254 replies to this topic

Kobata
    Kobata

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Minecraft: Kobata

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:15 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image
What's this mod about?
Documentation
Download
FAQ

Posted Image What's this mod about?

This client mod allows you to easily manage your inventory, in both single player and multiplayer. It works out of the box, and will make you gain a massive amount of time!
  • It automatically replaces your tools as they break, and item stacks once emptied
  • It sorts your inventory and your chests in a single click/keystroke
  • It provides lots of powerful shortcuts to move items around
  • It allows you to customize entirely the way your inventory is sorted, thanks to clever configuration files
Warning: The mod can be blocked by certain servers using plugins such as NoCheatPlus.

Discover the mod with: Posted Image DireWolf20 | GameChap | AntVenom | iPodmail Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image Documentation

Installing the mod:
1. Make sure Forge is installed
2. Put the jar in your mods folder
3. Run the game!

Otherwise, everything is explained on the official website.

Advanced tutorial: Posted Image LordDeathington video
Compatibility: Inventory Tweaks works with almost any mod, and even allows to sort the most popular mod containers. The main conflicting mod is Convenient Inventory, though there might be others. Note that servers can block InvTweaks from working correctly by using anti-cheat plugins. In the case of NoCheatPlus, "inventory.fastclick" and potentially "combined.improbable" have been reported to cause conflicts with the mod's rapid movement of items.
MagicLauncher: Please don't unless you know exactly how to work it. Installing Forge is quite different as of 1.6 and it is extremely easy to mess up if you are not using the Forge installer and the vanilla launcher.

Posted Image Download

[1.7.2] InvTweaks v1.57| Compatibility API (for Modders)
[1.6.2+] InvTweaks v1.56| Compatibility API (for Modders)
[1.5/1.5.1/1.5.2] InvTweaks v1.54b (Alternate) | Compatibility API (for Modders)

Posted Image Original topic - Posted Image Older versions - Behind the scenes - Translations

Requires Forge | Included translations: Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Known 1.57 problems:
  • Bukkit (or some unknown bukkit plugin) appears to interfere with enchanted items.
    Nothing I can do about it.
  • Rules using explicit IDs may not work due to new ID handling.
Changes from 1.56 to 1.57 (Full changelog):
  • Updated to MC 1.7.2 (With many internal changes to support the update)
  • Use ID names, instead on numerical IDs for blocks/items in config files.
  • Messages during the loading process will now display as chat messages the first time you load a game.
  • Rule-based sorting should no longer freeze the game in specific situations.
  • Using IDs in custom rules may or may not work due to the new ID handling.
Changes from 1.55b to 1.56:
  • Fix loading on Forge build 831 and above.
  • Removed the attempt to register tools from Forge's internal maps, it wasn't very precise.
  • Much internal work to simplify things.
Changes from 1.55 to 1.55b:
  • Fixed reversed tree priority sorting.
  • Fixed translation format.
Changes from 1.54 to 1.55:
  • Sort-on-pickup attempts no longer spam chat messages by repeatedly failing.
  • Auto-refill will now match metadata exactly on items with subtypes (wool, carpet, stained clay, etc.)
  • Major API update, to allow for mods that change the basic player inventory to add compatibility via API.
  • Sorting shortcut automatically disables itself when any standard text field is focused. (Ex: Anvil rename field)
  • Modded containers will never attempt to 'guess' where the main player inventory slots are. Ask the developer of the mod to use the API for compatibility issues.
  • Basic compatibility information can be added to a new configuration file 'InvTweaksCompatibility.xml'. (For modpack builders, this is not a substitute for using the API and will only work correctly for fixed-size chest-like containers)
  • Language files are now loaded using MC1.6's resource pack system, so they can be overriden or new languages added by resource packs.
  • The override button texture file should now be located at 'assets/inventorytweaks/textures/gui/button10px.png'
Changes from 1.53 to 1.54:
  • Fixed an error with shortcuts while the inventory screen was shifted (ex. by potion/beacon effects).
  • Compatibiltiy for Galacticraft's enhanced inventory screen.
  • API enhancements. (ItemTree information can be accessed via API)
  • Improved shortcut behavior with extract-only slots.
  • Various behind-the-scenes enhancements.
Posted Image FAQ

I have a bug to report/suggestion to make!

If you find a bug or have an idea to improve this mod, post in in this thread, or even better, contribute to the issue list!

I want InvTweaks in my mod pack!

Inventory Tweaks, being under the MIT License, is frequently used in modpacks. Feel free to redistribute it! My only request is to provide a link to either this thread or the mod's website.

I want to contribute!

If you feel like doing some modding, the source code of this mod is freely available here. Feel free to improve it by adding new features or fixing bugs! Some ideas are already listed in the "issues" section. You're also welcome to PM me or join #inventorytweaks on EsperNet IRC for more information.

Posted Image Special Thanks
  • Posted Image to jimeowan for creating the mod,
  • Posted Image to cpw and Fostenel for their code contributions,
  • Posted Image to Ahmaz, AJFire and Larandar for their long-time support and feedback,
  • Posted Image to DoingIt and Tain101 for their videos that helped the mod become popular,
  • Posted Image to translators Ryo567 & Aledrobt (Spanish), 0l1vR (German), TH3steven (Dutch), Ezspecial & Ricalou (Portuguese), Hugsim, Doyle3694 & Brott (Swedish), JonathanHertz (Danish), Fishy (Polish), Necrontoend & VADemon (Russian), Ricalou & NTWalker (Japanese), IvyMichael & NTWalker (Chinese), and a few more contributors,
  • Posted Image to Evenprime for his Convenient Inventory mod which inspired this mod,
  • And of course Posted Image to every minecrafter who took the time to report bugs and/or leave supporting comments!

Register or log in to remove.

Neon_ColorsFTW22
  • Minecraft: NeonColorsAero

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:11 AM

Ummm can someone explain what kind of version is this?

As I already know the other thread for Inventory Tweaks >.<

EDIT: K thanks for the info. I know now!

Posted Image

jimeowan
  • Minecraft: jimeowan

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:39 AM

View PostNeon_ColorsFTW22, on 10 March 2013 - 12:11 AM, said:

Ummm can someone explain what kind of version is this?

As I already know the other thread for Inventory Tweaks >.<

Hi,

I'm the original mod author.

From now on this will be the official thread! I'll make an announcement on mine shortly.
Posted Image

MrSlimer
  • Minecraft: Danishjumper

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:56 AM

Awesome :D
Please do that favor and at least check out my YouTube Channel ^.^

Ouack23
    Ouack23

Carpenter

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:31 PM

Hey everybody ! Could I be the french translator ? Awesome mod, glad someone take the succession of jimeowan !

SirFrezza
  • Minecraft: KiwiKlutz
  • Xbox:Kiwi Klutz

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:34 PM

Nice update. Very quickly! o-o

Posted Image

mcshadowz15
  • Minecraft: shadowz14

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:29 PM

I just wanted to say that the port to Forge made a bunch of stuff seem to work! I love the way "Q" works when dropping items from the inventory now and the fact that the shortcuts are working again. I hope this mod ascends to new levels with forge now.Posted Image

A bunch of things ive noticed:
The download gave me a .jar and not a .zip, not that it matters, FML loads it anyways.
(To fix: change the installation instructions to say .jar or change file DL to .zip)

With forge 7.7.0.563 and up(lower versions of forge don't work at all), on the main menu, when clicking the "mods" menu that FML adds, it crashes the game. This only occurs if InvTweaks is installed.

When hovering over inventory slots, the settings button(... button)(or other) highlights its self:
From what i can tell, the area that the button detects whether it should highlight is extended to the bottom of the guiScreen, the button highlights but is not activated.

In the settings gui, the tooltip help is placed under the buttons sometimes making them illegible.
There are some other weird things happening with the tooltips when hovering over the moreoptions button right after the repair friendly option.
Actually, the same thing is happening in the settings gui as is the inventories with the positions on the right side of the gui.

In creative mode, armor is not auto-equiped, when sorting two of the same tool but having different amounts of damage, the game will freeze(tested with diamond picks one with dmg1561 and other with dmg1560), enchantments on the tools doesn't matter at all.(Only happens if the gui is actually open, game doesn't freeze if the gui is closed..?)
None of this happens in survival mode.

Glitch of when performing the sort, sometimes sort fails and something is placed in hand still exists.

...Hopefully i'm not the only person experiencing these bugs.

Requests/Suggestions:

In the sorting rules file, add support for custom item/block names(forinstance 2 diamond picks with different names, the named pick is in the rules file so it will be selected and damage values will be ignored.)
Add an enchantment detection system(i have know idea if possible) to allow sorting based on enchants as well as damage.
Posted Image

Scaffolding

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

Excellent, Kobata I think you are the perfect person to take up management of the mod. This should also minimize confusion for people using modpacks and worrying about which version to use.

Kobata
    Kobata

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:15 PM

View Postmcshadowz15, on 10 March 2013 - 01:29 PM, said:

Really big post

I've updated the post to say jar, I'm used to treating them the same there.

Crashing on mod list: Yes, I was a bit stupid and forgot to fix my mcmod.info file -- I'll probably be releasing a 1.51b shortly to fix that, hoppers, and hopefully the button highlighting (I haven't investigated the last one yet, but I did notice it while testing hoppers).

Creative is a bit of a massive pain in how it works, but I'll looks into those.

The glitch with items popping into your hand is an issue with minecraft in some ways, Inventory Tweaks just tends to make it happen quite often because it simulates rapid clicking. I have plans on a way to deal with that, but it's a fairly big project.

mcshadowz15

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:20 PM

View PostKobata, on 10 March 2013 - 02:15 PM, said:

I've updated the post to say jar, I'm used to treating them the same there.

Crashing on mod list: Yes, I was a bit stupid and forgot to fix my mcmod.info file -- I'll probably be releasing a 1.51b shortly to fix that, hoppers, and hopefully the button highlighting (I haven't investigated the last one yet, but I did notice it while testing hoppers).

Creative is a bit of a massive pain in how it works, but I'll looks into those.

The glitch with items popping into your hand is an issue with minecraft in some ways, Inventory Tweaks just tends to make it happen quite often because it simulates rapid clicking. I have plans on a way to deal with that, but it's a fairly big project.

3 things:

1) It wasn't that big of a postPosted Image
2) Yea creative is bothersome, i know before the 1.3 update, the inventory was actually pretty simple, but now its a big mess
3) thank you for adding my suggestions to the "wish-list" and i hope you can implement them.

-side note
when using q to drop in creative mode, if your on the inventory tab the items drop, if your on another tab, it gets destroys the item
is this a feature or a bug?....lol more creative stuff.

wow that whole highlighting things was just because there weren't parenthesis? Man its like (int)Math.random all over again :D
Posted Image

Kobata
    Kobata

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:43 PM

View Postmcshadowz15, on 10 March 2013 - 02:20 PM, said:

-side note
when using q to drop in creative mode, if your on the inventory tab the items drop, if your on another tab, it gets destroys the item
is this a feature or a bug?....lol more creative stuff.

wow that whole highlighting things was just because there weren't parenthesis? Man its like (int)Math.random all over again :D
Actually, it was an x instead of a y... I just added the parens to make it a bit clearer.

Dropping with q is a vanilla minecraft feature, although the InvTweaks one (ALT+click) just doesn't work in creative mode at all.

Kobata
    Kobata

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

Version 1.51b: http://www.mediafire...y1u2jfj3smmmr1q

Fixes hoppers, crashing when viewing mod list, and sorting in creative mode inventory.

mcshadowz15

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:59 PM

Ok, everything (minus the "intentional stuff") was fixed for me in that patch.
Posted Image

tim3067
    tim3067

Carpenter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Minecraft: tim3067

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:23 PM

What is the "Compatible API" for?

Posted Image

Kobata
    Kobata

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:43 PM

View Posttim3067, on 10 March 2013 - 05:23 PM, said:

What is the "Compatible API" for?
It's for mod authors to be able to give the mod the information it needs to support their GUIs, instead of everything needing to be manually updated in Inventory Tweaks itself. If you're not making a mod you don't need it for anything.

NoHealsForU

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:02 PM

The link for 1.51b is the same as 1.51 in your first post.

Thank you for continuing this great mod, keep going :D

Kobata
    Kobata

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

View PostNoHealsForU, on 10 March 2013 - 08:02 PM, said:

The link for 1.51b is the same as 1.51 in your first post.

Thank you for continuing this great mod, keep going :D
Oh, thanks, fixed. That was bad. (It was linking to the original one...)

Sambaru
    Sambaru

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2081 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:40 PM

Thanks for keeping this going, it's a great mod.
Posted Image

Enterpryse
  • Minecraft: Ezun

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:48 PM

Awesome.

SNES3
    SNES3

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Minecraft: Trazomt
  • Xbox:SNES3

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:18 PM

Glad to see this gets updated so quickly, I know a lot of us can't live without it xD. Many thanks to Jimeowan, Kobata, and everyone else who worked/works on this.