What's this mod about?
This client mod allows you to easily manage your inventory, in both single player and multiplayer. It works out of the box, and will make you gain a massive amount of time!
- It automatically replaces your tools as they break, and item stacks once emptied
- It sorts your inventory and your chests in a single click/keystroke
- It provides lots of powerful shortcuts to move items around
- It allows you to customize entirely the way your inventory is sorted, thanks to clever configuration files
Installing the mod:
1. Make sure Forge is installed
2. Put the jar in your mods folder
3. Run the game!
Otherwise, everything is explained on the official website.
Advanced tutorial: LordDeathington video
Compatibility: Inventory Tweaks works with almost any mod, and even allows to sort the most popular mod containers. The main conflicting mod is Convenient Inventory, though there might be others. Note that servers can block InvTweaks from working correctly by using anti-cheat plugins. In the case of NoCheatPlus, "inventory.fastclick" and potentially "combined.improbable" have been reported to cause conflicts with the mod's rapid movement of items.
MagicLauncher: Please don't unless you know exactly how to work it. Installing Forge is quite different as of 1.6 and it is extremely easy to mess up if you are not using the Forge installer and the vanilla launcher.
[1.6.2+] InvTweaks v1.56| Compatibility API (for Modders)
[1.6.2+] InvTweaks v1.55b| Compatibility API (for Modders)
[1.5/1.5.1/1.5.2] InvTweaks v1.54b (Alternate) | Compatibility API (for Modders)
Original topic - Older versions - Behind the scenes - Translations
Requires Forge | Included translations:
Known 1.56 problems:
- Bukkit (or some unknown bukkit plugin) appears to interfere with enchanted items.
Nothing I can do about it.
- Fix loading on Forge build 831 and above.
- Removed the attempt to register tools from Forge's internal maps, it wasn't very precise.
- Much internal work to simplify things.
- Fixed reversed tree priority sorting.
- Fixed translation format.
- Sort-on-pickup attempts no longer spam chat messages by repeatedly failing.
- Auto-refill will now match metadata exactly on items with subtypes (wool, carpet, stained clay, etc.)
- Major API update, to allow for mods that change the basic player inventory to add compatibility via API.
- Sorting shortcut automatically disables itself when any standard text field is focused. (Ex: Anvil rename field)
- Modded containers will never attempt to 'guess' where the main player inventory slots are. Ask the developer of the mod to use the API for compatibility issues.
- Basic compatibility information can be added to a new configuration file 'InvTweaksCompatibility.xml'. (For modpack builders, this is not a substitute for using the API and will only work correctly for fixed-size chest-like containers)
- Language files are now loaded using MC1.6's resource pack system, so they can be overriden or new languages added by resource packs.
- The override button texture file should now be located at 'assets/inventorytweaks/textures/gui/button10px.png'
- Fixed an error with shortcuts while the inventory screen was shifted (ex. by potion/beacon effects).
- Compatibiltiy for Galacticraft's enhanced inventory screen.
- API enhancements. (ItemTree information can be accessed via API)
- Improved shortcut behavior with extract-only slots.
- Various behind-the-scenes enhancements.
I have a bug to report/suggestion to make!
If you find a bug or have an idea to improve this mod, post in in this thread, or even better, contribute to the issue list!
I want InvTweaks in my mod pack!
Inventory Tweaks, being under the MIT License, is frequently used in modpacks. Feel free to redistribute it! My only request is to provide a link to either this thread or the mod's website.
I want to contribute!
If you feel like doing some modding, the source code of this mod is freely available here. Feel free to improve it by adding new features or fixing bugs! Some ideas are already listed in the "issues" section. You're also welcome to PM me or join #inventorytweaks on EsperNet IRC for more information.
- to jimeowan for creating the mod,
- to cpw and Fostenel for their code contributions,
- to Ahmaz, AJFire and Larandar for their long-time support and feedback,
- to DoingIt and Tain101 for their videos that helped the mod become popular,
- to translators Ryo567 & Aledrobt (Spanish), 0l1vR (German), TH3steven (Dutch), Ezspecial & Ricalou (Portuguese), Hugsim, Doyle3694 & Brott (Swedish), JonathanHertz (Danish), Fishy (Polish), Necrontoend & VADemon (Russian), Ricalou & NTWalker (Japanese), IvyMichael & NTWalker (Chinese), and a few more contributors,
- to Evenprime for his Convenient Inventory mod which inspired this mod,
- And of course to every minecrafter who took the time to report bugs and/or leave supporting comments!