• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Goelth
    Goelth

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

I'm not sure if it's a bug or if it's meant by mojang, but it seems like in the pre-release bud switches are no longer activated when wheat is growing as it used to. This is annoying me since I was doing a semi-automatic wheat farm which would automatically detect when the wheat is grown.
Does anyone have informations about that ?

Register or log in to remove.

rodabon
    rodabon

End Dweller

• Members
  • 7187 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:27 PM

Can you post a screenshot or two of your setup?  Perhaps the way you're doing it isn't reliable.
Re: 3D Minecraft - Anyone tried it?
by c0yote  

I tried it with terrible results. I gave my wife my glasses for a second, a creeper showed up and now my wife is pregnant.
Stupid 3D..

Goelth
    Goelth

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:53 PM

Posted Image

I checked, it works with the 1.4.7 but not with the snapshots, so I don't think it comes from my setup.

Epicness1324

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:30 AM

View PostGoelth, on 08 March 2013 - 11:53 PM, said:

Posted Image

I checked, it works with the 1.4.7 but not with the snapshots, so I don't think it comes from my setup.

I believe they attempted to remove BUD update bugs so they could replace them with some sort of redstone device. I don't know if they ever did though.
Posted Image
I am ninja'd far too often.

rodabon
    rodabon

End Dweller

• Members
  • 7187 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:04 AM

View PostEpicness1324, on 09 March 2013 - 12:30 AM, said:

I believe they attempted to remove BUD update bugs so they could replace them with some sort of redstone device. I don't know if they ever did though.

No, what they said was that if their changes to redstone broke buds that they would make a device to replace them, but last I knew buds still worked.
Re: 3D Minecraft - Anyone tried it?
by c0yote  

I tried it with terrible results. I gave my wife my glasses for a second, a creeper showed up and now my wife is pregnant.
Stupid 3D..

Epicness1324

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:53 PM

View Postrodabon, on 09 March 2013 - 01:04 AM, said:

No, what they said was that if their changes to redstone broke buds that they would make a device to replace them, but last I knew buds still worked.

Oh, ok. I don't think they added anything to replace BUDs anyway.
Posted Image
I am ninja'd far too often.

Bumber
    Bumber

Portal Expert

• Members
  • 5000 posts
  • Location: Loafing around like bread and growing binary trees.
  • Minecraft: rwilliams1990

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:00 PM

Does it trigger when you break the wheat?
Spoiler:
I lurk sometimes. I don't post anymore.

Goelth
    Goelth

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:50 PM

Thanks for the replies !

It does update when I plant the wheat and when I break it. I guess they just changed the way the wheat grows. By the way, same thing goes for the cocoa, it triggers the bud switch only when it is broken. Anyway, I think I will wait for the release of the 1.5 update and see how things are.

Bumber
    Bumber

Portal Expert

• Members
  • 5000 posts
  • Location: Loafing around like bread and growing binary trees.
  • Minecraft: rwilliams1990

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:26 AM

View PostGoelth, on 09 March 2013 - 11:50 PM, said:

Thanks for the replies !

It does update when I plant the wheat and when I break it. I guess they just changed the way the wheat grows. By the way, same thing goes for the cocoa, it triggers the bud switch only when it is broken. Anyway, I think I will wait for the release of the 1.5 update and see how things are.
They're probably removing unneccessary block updates to optimize performance or something. Not sure if the benefit will even be noticeable, even with massive farms, etc. They're probably doing it just on principle.
Spoiler:
I lurk sometimes. I don't post anymore.

EccentricMango

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:34 PM

View PostGoelth, on 09 March 2013 - 11:50 PM, said:

Thanks for the replies !

Try waiting until the wheat grows or try using bonemeal on it.  I think it only sends out updates when it reaches the final growth stage.

Malacodor
    Malacodor

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1022 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:34 PM

View PostEccentricMango, on 10 March 2013 - 07:34 PM, said:

Try waiting until the wheat grows or try using bonemeal on it.  I think it only sends out updates when it reaches the final growth stage.
There's still no block update when reaching the final growth stage.