Xaphedo
    Xaphedo

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • Minecraft: Xaphedo

Posted 20 February 2011 - 03:24 PM

Last time edited: October 1st , 2011
English isn't my native language, so I may made some lexical and grammar mistakes: please forgive me!

Sequoiadendron Giganteum

Coast redwoods (the most common type of sequoias) have a conical crown, with horizontal to slightly drooping branches. The bark is very thick, up to 30 cm (12 in), and quite soft, fibrous with a bright red-brown when freshly exposed (hence the name redwood), weathering darker. The root system is composed of shallow, wide-spreading lateral roots.
by Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In the national park of redwood the esemplar Imperyon has reach 115,55 m of height. Those trees have a 15m-diameter trunk.
They live only in humid coniferous forests, from Oregon to California.

Posted Image

Sequoias in Minecraft

Sequoias spawning
Giant sequoias spawn only in forests near taiga, but you can plant their saplings everywhere.
In minecraft a tree big as a mountain and that is higher than the maximum height (unless this feature will be changend) is maybe no possible. Ok, but the bigger tree in minecraft is high less than 10 block... so I say no: there is something wrong
A tree of those dimensions don't spawn near other trees from today to tomorrow. Sequoia can spawn after the world's creation only like sapling that are high two blocks. But let's see how are default sequioas tree

1° type - uncommon 4x14
Posted Image :Logs^:
:Logs^: :Logs^:

2°type - common 8x24
Posted Image :log: :log:
:log: :Logs^: :Logs^: :log:
:log: :Logs^: :Logs^: :log:
Posted Image :log: :log:

3°type - uncommon 36x49
Posted Image Posted Image :log: :log: :log:
Posted Image :log: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :log:
:log: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :log:
:log: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :log:
:log: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: Posted Image :log:
Posted Image :log: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :log:
Posted Image Posted Image :log: :log: :log:

The first three types of sequioias
Posted Image

4°type - rare 66x70 - if seventy block is too much for map height it can be 60
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image :log: :log: :log: :log:
Posted Image Posted Image :log: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :log:
Posted Image :log: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :log:
:log: Posted Image :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: Posted Image :Logs^: :Logs^: :log:
:log: Posted Image :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: Posted Image :Logs^: :Logs^: :log:
Posted Image :log: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :log:
Posted Image Posted Image :log: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :log:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image :log: :log: :log: :log:

5°type - ultrarare 157x90or100or110 - this epic tree can spawn only in a very high map, and near to it there are a lot of aggressive ents and wild animals that immediately attack you
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image :log: :log: :log:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image :log: :log: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :log: :log:
Posted Image Posted Image :log: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :log:
Posted Image :log: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :log:
Posted Image :log: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :log:
:log: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :log:
:log: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :log:
Posted Image Posted Image :log: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :log:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image :log: :log: :Logs^: :Logs^: :Logs^: :log: :log:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image :log: :log: :log:

Growing fertilized sequoias
Giant sequoias, to reach the height of 14 m (or blocks, is the same), must have a lot of years. So, how we can plant sequoia's saplings? Simple: let's use fertilizers like bone meal. But at lot of time, of course. You can fertilize this trees with right click on a log top (or cortex, see section below) of the tree. Fertilizing should not be continuous, the number of the days is the total ammount.
You must start from a sapling, default trees don't will grow.
Is necessary go out to the map range for the growth from a sequoia's type to another one
Blocks (tree too) too close at the sequoia will be destroyed at the grow time if they hamper the growth area
If you hurt sequoia's log (not cortex or leaves) the tree will never grow more

Sapling-->after 5 days of daily fertilizing-->1° type

1°type-->after other 7 days of daily fertilizing-->2° type

2°type--> after other 10 days of daily fertilizing-->3°type

3°type--> after other 20 days of daily fertilizing-->4°type

4°type--> after other 40 days of daily fertilizing-->5°type

Cortex and core
In the images of the section of the sequoia's trunk, there is an important element of the tree: cortex.
Sequoia's cortex is lighter than normal (it look like ocher), and fragile like leaves block. It's a new block that spawn a stick when chopped.

Sequoia's log is a very bad wood. Sequoia's log can be crafted only to produce x2 stick, like normal log and wood. Chop sequoia's log is quicker than chop other logs.

This image wont work!!!
[url=http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=185784][img]http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/6881/supportsequoia.jpg[/img][/url]
Posted Image

Coming soon
Better English

Everything better explained

A lot of cool new stuff

Don't argue with a moron: he'll down you to his level and then beat you with experiencePosted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Dugi†
    Dugi†

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 04:30 PM

It's a neat idea, but imagine what would happen if you planted the sapling, fertilised it with bonemeal, and it turned out to be, well, any size other than the 1º type. You'd be trapped inside the tree and will suffocate, unless you have an axe in a quick-slot.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image    Posted Image

Xaphedo
    Xaphedo

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 04:41 PM

Dugi† said:

It's a neat idea, but imagine what would happen if you planted the sapling, fertilised it with bonemeal, and it turned out to be, well, any size other than the 1º type. You'd be trapped inside the tree and will suffocate, unless you have an axe in a quick-slot.

I've considered that chance, together to java effort and mob presence

Xaphedo said:

Is necessary go out to the map range for the growth from a sequoia's type to another one

Don't argue with a moron: he'll down you to his level and then beat you with experiencePosted Image

randalpik

Posted 20 February 2011 - 05:15 PM

Awesome, now i can be like the guy in my side of the mountain!
Posted Image

TheMirror
    TheMirror

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2070 posts
  • Minecraft: TheMirror

Posted 06 March 2011 - 04:07 AM

Wicked idea.

Posted Image
Quote of the Day:  "If you think you're gonna snap, or be rude, here's an idea: Don't post." - Theevilpplz

ChaplainOrion

Posted 06 March 2011 - 04:13 AM

Nice idea. I support!

Pwnmaster

Posted 06 March 2011 - 04:35 AM

Super TreeHouse=Epic
Posted Image

superhoii13

Posted 06 March 2011 - 04:42 AM

This is the best tree idea i have seen on the sugggestion forum yet, this should be bumped to the first page(unless its already there :SSSS:)
Posted Image

Xaphedo
    Xaphedo

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 08:05 PM

superhoii13 said:

This is the best tree idea i have seen on the sugggestion forum yet, this should be bumped to the first page(unless its already there :stone:)

Thanks man, thanks to all guys  :coalore:
But isn't sufficient only to support: show me your ideas!

About coming soon.. I'm very busy, so I haven't do nothing yet _-_

Kwickgamer
  • Minecraft: Kwickgamer

Posted 08 March 2011 - 08:34 PM

Good idea! i still don't understand how you grow one of these though.
Posted Image

Petmanmu
    Petmanmu

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 665 posts
  • Minecraft: AbeMuldvarp

Posted 08 March 2011 - 09:07 PM

Nice! I support

http://www.lolcaptio... ... ehouse.jpg

View PostStingray56, on 03 July 2011 - 04:02 PM, said:

Herobrine is a lie. Anyone who believes otherwise is mentally retarded. End. Of. The. Goddamn. Story.

GameLag
    GameLag

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 768 posts
  • Minecraft: GameLag

Posted 08 March 2011 - 09:17 PM

what if it caught fire...

:Diamond:  :D  :Diamond:
Peace lies only in death. Happiness only in life.

Kira
    Kira

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1820 posts
  • Minecraft: scruffypuppy

Posted 10 March 2011 - 10:18 AM

Wouldn't mind extremely huge trees.

Xaphedo
    Xaphedo

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 03:06 PM

Kwickgamer said:

Good idea! i still don't understand how you grow one of these though.
In which sense?

GameLag said:

what if it caught fire...

:SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:
Everyone has fun as he can :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :VV:  :VV:  :VV:  :VV:  :VV:  :VV:  :VV:

Kira said:

Wouldn't mind extremely huge trees.
Don't annoy yourself: you can chose, however
Thanks for the bump :Notch:

Guiboune

Posted 10 March 2011 - 04:28 PM

would be just perfect.  but the height map limit should be higher first :]

VileAssassin

Posted 10 March 2011 - 04:36 PM

There should be one size for the bulk of the tree. It doesn't need to be overly huge. Besides it would be impossible to include 40 stages of a tree unless you mean that nothing will happen in a few minecraft days before it grows after continued fertilizing. It can't grow a little with every instance.

Xaphedo
    Xaphedo

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 07:28 PM

VileAssassin said:

There should be one size for the bulk of the tree. It doesn't need to be overly huge. Besides it would be impossible to include 40 stages of a tree unless you mean that nothing will happen in a few minecraft days before it grows after continued fertilizing. It can't grow a little with every instance.

This is the best news I've heard since I learned the existence of minecraft

zxcvbnm
    zxcvbnm

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 09:07 PM

The idea of huge trees sounds great! But such large trees as type 5 are to tall because of the height limit of 64 and it isn't that easy to increase that limit. And what about those Ents ? How big are they and how do they look like?

Xaphedo
    Xaphedo

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:36 PM

zxcvbnm said:

The idea of huge trees sounds great! But such large trees as type 5 are to tall because of the height limit of 64 and it isn't that easy to increase that limit. And what about those Ents ? How big are they and how do they look like?

They are normal Ents, but there is a spawn point near the huge-sequoia, or something similar. Actually this isn't a problem, but height is. Other things after the height

xionico
    xionico

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 506 posts
  • Minecraft: XxDJSUBZEROxX
  • Xbox:Jade_Exotics

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:48 PM

Outside of the rarer trees, They should be in a area completely leveled, and around there should be kick ass waterfalls and what not. Maybe instead of animals that attack you on site, if you try to chop the tree down (ie. their home) Then they should be aggressive?
All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry
-Edgar Allan Poe