• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.5.2][SSP/SMP] Fossils and Archeology Revival 1.5.2 Build 5.3 [UPDATED August 11, 2013]

fossils archeology dinosaurs 1.5.2

• Please log in to reply
7736 replies to this topic

4f6f3b
    4f6f3b

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • Minecraft: 4f6f3b

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:48 PM

Cultivator chance hasn't been changed.

I don't think we'll be heading out the door any time soon. :) We have a lot of lofty ideas and goals for where we want to take this mod; both in terms of dinosaurs and otherwise. One of these days we'll get around to laying out a road map we can post.

I've talked to two people who showed interest in helping with coding, which will help ease a lot of strain.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

katsareawsome

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:56 PM

View Post4f6f3b, on 27 June 2013 - 05:48 PM, said:

Cultivator chance hasn't been changed.

I don't think we'll be heading out the door any time soon. Posted Image We have a lot of lofty ideas and goals for where we want to take this mod; both in terms of dinosaurs and otherwise. One of these days we'll get around to laying out a road map we can post.

I've talked to two people who showed interest in helping with coding, which will help ease a lot of strain.
if your adding more dinosaurs add carnotaurus and iguanadon and megladon (massive shark!!)
Fossils and archaeology mod: Prehistoric park edition

Retro_King

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:06 PM

View Postkatsareawsome, on 27 June 2013 - 05:56 PM, said:

if your adding more dinosaurs add carnotaurus and iguanadon and megladon (massive shark!!)

I'm sorry! Now i am childish a little bit, but

MEG must come in this mod...
A Megalodon would be a wet Dream... and a very fearsome too...

Posted Image

MUSHROOMSOCK
  • Minecraft: Mushroomsock
  • Xbox:Is Horrible
  • PSN:Is Da Best!

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:45 PM

If mo creatures does add dinosaurs, yours will be better by far, people can request mobs here and be listened to, meanwhile on his thread, he does a reply every 100-200 posts! Your mod is better, cooler, and not hd. (Not to say I'm not proud of being the first guy other than the team with an account to see the first public screenshot of the wyverns...)

Rather than Megalodon, Whorl shark/ helicoprion!
Posted Image
I would also reccomend that you check out the WIP Primal Craftage Mod: http://www.minecraft...rimal-craftage/

bugsmand

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:52 PM

will the new dinosaur be a compsognathus because i saw an egg in the texture folder. or do you have more ideas not just dinosaurs

tristin82
  • Minecraft: tristin82
  • Xbox:ZombieOwner117

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:28 PM

This is another skin but for the ptera.
Posted Image If you want to, anyone can replace their ptera with this

DanTheMormonian

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:33 PM

So is it a known bug about the tablets not placing right? ive tried several times but for some reason the tablets will place but they are not visible. it happens like 90% of the time for me.

klexwbaim

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:27 AM

View Posttyranno66, on 27 June 2013 - 11:50 AM, said:

First of all, you can't just come on and immediately start wanting to change something. Second, you know we already have a guy for this stuff right? And third, who the hell told you that we are going to change the blue-ish raptor anyways?

Very sorry to get into the argument, but plz note that he said they are not official
Posted Image

Frontroxes

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:34 AM

hey man I love your mod it awesome but there is a problem I got a stone javelin (got it from a villager) and I am also running you mod right next to mo creatures and twilight forest mods and I find that when I use javelins against mobs (any kind from other mods) they simple disappear after they hit them they still work against vanilla mobs. I know your busy with reviving this mod and I am happy you are and its great even though I haven't gotten into the major part of this mod yet it awesome and I can't wait to see what you come up with next but I thought I would let you know about it. When and if you have time I would like it if you fixed this problem. it doesn't have to be anytime soon as I have a lot of other mods I am using in conjunction with your mod and I plan to do everything I can think of  for now. P.S This mod is EPIC!

JodyVL
    JodyVL

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 306 posts
  • Minecraft: Mandelsage

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:35 AM

View Posttyranno66, on 27 June 2013 - 04:00 PM, said:

Actually, by the looks of it, they are going to make their own models and it is planned to add dinosaurs in the game (the strange thing is that they are considered "fictional"). Plus, it'd be the opposite. People wanting to get this mod working with mo'creatures will just stop being here, because they'd already have dinosaurs in there. And mo'creatures, being the popular mod it is, will attract the people who'd elsewhere will come here :/ . Plus, for what should we even contact them, just because we have a dino mod? I don't see the point of it  :/

As RetroKing pointed out, your mod is about much more than just the mobs =) And I'm happy to see 4f6f3b expressing his enthusiasm too =) That's all you need, Tyranno... More enthusiasm! =) Don't let the big mod Mo Creatures intimidate you. I still feel that, them adding dinosaurs to the game will mean more people will look up dinosaurs in Minecraft and your mod will become more popular a) because it has been around for longer and B) because it really has so much more to it. You forget how many really big Youtubers have made series with your mod. (Including me, one of the biggest! =P).

Anyway, just cheer up about it all. Remember that whatever happens, you guys have many faithful followers who will stick to your mod no matter what.

4f6f3b
    4f6f3b

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:55 AM

View PostDanTheMormonian, on 27 June 2013 - 07:33 PM, said:

So is it a known bug about the tablets not placing right? ive tried several times but for some reason the tablets will place but they are not visible. it happens like 90% of the time for me.

Between that and them shifting up, yeah it's something we've been trying to figure out why they do that.

View PostFrontroxes, on 28 June 2013 - 01:34 AM, said:

hey man I love your mod it awesome but there is a problem I got a stone javelin (got it from a villager) and I am also running you mod right next to mo creatures and twilight forest mods and I find that when I use javelins against mobs (any kind from other mods) they simple disappear after they hit them they still work against vanilla mobs. I know your busy with reviving this mod and I am happy you are and its great even though I haven't gotten into the major part of this mod yet it awesome and I can't wait to see what you come up with next but I thought I would let you know about it. When and if you have time I would like it if you fixed this problem. it doesn't have to be anytime soon as I have a lot of other mods I am using in conjunction with your mod and I plan to do everything I can think of  for now. P.S This mod is EPIC!

I'll log an issue on github about it, thank you for bringing it up.

View PostJodyVL, on 28 June 2013 - 01:35 AM, said:

As RetroKing pointed out, your mod is about much more than just the mobs =) And I'm happy to see 4f6f3b expressing his enthusiasm too =) That's all you need, Tyranno... More enthusiasm! =) Don't let the big mod Mo Creatures intimidate you. I still feel that, them adding dinosaurs to the game will mean more people will look up dinosaurs in Minecraft and your mod will become more popular a) because it has been around for longer and Posted Image because it really has so much more to it. You forget how many really big Youtubers have made series with your mod. (Including me, one of the biggest! =P).

Anyway, just cheer up about it all. Remember that whatever happens, you guys have many faithful followers who will stick to your mod no matter what.

Thanks for the support!
Posted Image

SteveCraftwood

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:12 AM

When is the server updating?!
Posted Image

Posted Image
PROUD USER OF THE STEVE SKIN

Constellation_Aquila

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:47 AM

First off I would like to thank the developers of this mod it is quite fun to experiment with. I actually enjoy this over mo creatures because it isnt just throwng you amongst the wolves so to speak but lets you jump into it when you think you are ready or get in way over your head if you arent careful. I am adding this to my current server for a mad scientist feel. But I had a few questions what is the point of Sarracina I have been testing it out before adding it and smoothing over some bugs but I dont get the use of it?

Endguy14

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:14 AM

Can you add megladons for a sea monster in the deep ocean . How about new biomes back in the different ages

4f6f3b
    4f6f3b

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:47 AM

View PostULiopleurodon, on 28 June 2013 - 02:12 AM, said:

When is the server updating?!

When I finish setting it up! Harddrive completely failed on me the other day, need to get situation again first.

View PostConstellation_Aquila, on 28 June 2013 - 02:47 AM, said:

First off I would like to thank the developers of this mod it is quite fun to experiment with. I actually enjoy this over mo creatures because it isnt just throwng you amongst the wolves so to speak but lets you jump into it when you think you are ready or get in way over your head if you arent careful. I am adding this to my current server for a mad scientist feel. But I had a few questions what is the point of Sarracina I have been testing it out before adding it and smoothing over some bugs but I dont get the use of it?

Right now it's purely decorative only in creative.

View PostEndguy14, on 28 June 2013 - 03:14 AM, said:

Can you add megladons for a sea monster in the deep ocean . How about new biomes back in the different ages

More water creatures will definitely be planned! We have stuff planned for that as well.
Posted Image

tyranno66
  • Minecraft: tyranno66

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:49 AM

View PostJodyVL, on 28 June 2013 - 01:35 AM, said:

As RetroKing pointed out, your mod is about much more than just the mobs =) And I'm happy to see 4f6f3b expressing his enthusiasm too =) That's all you need, Tyranno... More enthusiasm! =) Don't let the big mod Mo Creatures intimidate you. I still feel that, them adding dinosaurs to the game will mean more people will look up dinosaurs in Minecraft and your mod will become more popular a) because it has been around for longer and Posted Image because it really has so much more to it. You forget how many really big Youtubers have made series with your mod. (Including me, one of the biggest! =P).

Yeah, I know. We even have new cool archeology plans and not to spoil anything, it'll be like real archeology.
Please don't let this die!
Posted Image

DanTheMormonian

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:05 AM

So can someone please just tell me if the way to tame T-rexs has changed. Please!!. i assumed it had because the wiki had changed but now its changed back and says the same thing as before. Ive read the posts and seen the videos on how to tame one but ive killed like 6 rexes and im really tired of growing them and then just having them die while im trying to tame them. You dont need to tell me how if its changed but please let me know if its a bug or glitch or if it has changed. Please and thank you, i really do love this mod, so thank you to everyone who has worked and continues to work on it.

tristin82

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:31 AM

I noticed that there are two green triceratops skins so I made these in place of one:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Screenshot:
Posted Image

Constructive Criticism is welcome

klexwbaim

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:59 AM

View Posttristin82, on 27 June 2013 - 07:28 PM, said:

This is another skin but for the ptera.
Posted Image If you want to, anyone can replace their ptera with this

Plz make more of these I want to0 try some!!   :P
Posted Image

tristin82

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:07 AM

View Postklexwbaim, on 28 June 2013 - 09:59 AM, said:

Plz make more of these I want to0 try some!!   Posted Image

Of course I will make more. I'm working on a primal carnage like Dilophosaurus :)