• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.5.2][SSP/SMP] Fossils and Archeology Revival 1.5.2 Build 5.3 [UPDATED August 11, 2013]

fossils archeology dinosaurs 1.5.2

• Please log in to reply
7782 replies to this topic

4f6f3b
    4f6f3b

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • Minecraft: 4f6f3b

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:23 AM

POPULAR

Posted Image

Entire album here

Current Fossils and Archeology Revival mod team

Shadowbeast007

4f6f3b

tyranno66

honeybeargaming

thisGuerilla

whitejoshman

Additional Credits

Model Contributors

ExDragonith

Past/Hiatus Revival Members

Chellre

Microjunk

Language Contributors

Octo-Docto (Spanish)

Gusanito (Spanish)

Roody (Dutch)

Special Thanks

Flammarilva (original mod creator) and the rest of Team July

If anyone has a Twitter account, feel free to follow us.

NEWS

September 13, 2013

A message to the Fossils Archeology Revival Community:

My fellow Paleontologists and Archaeologists,

As many of you know, we’ve recently added a few new team members! Specifically we’ve added a new Programmer and a new Sound Designer. With new talent comes new features, plus a major restructuring! We’ve been working diligently to come up with the most efficient ways to get new content out to you, as well as listening to what features you’d like to see. So we’ll be making a few major updates to Fossils Archeology Revival, which we’d like to share some details with you now.

We’ve decided to separate our features into four content updates, The Triassic, Jurassic, Cretaceous, and K-Pg Extinction Event Updates. So without further ado, let’s discuss the four major updates planned for Fossils Archeology Revival:

Triassic (For the near future):
  • New Dino SFX and Music
  • Archeology Ruins To Explore
  • Artifact Collecting and Treasure Hunting
  • New AI System (including Flying AI)
  • Ancient Writings
The Triassic Update improves on many of the features you know and love, then cranks them up to 11! New audio will consist of better sounding dinosaurs and new records to play to your caged beasts. We’re also adding new ruins out in the wild for your inner archaeologist to go wild in. Using archaeology tools, discover ancient artifacts that are part of the new treasure hunting system. Collect and show off your collection to your fellow scholars, or create museums together to showcase your finds with the public! Lastly, we’re improving our AI system as we go, adding a slew of unique behaviors to the different species of dinosaurs, including flying AI.

Jurassic (Time Machine Update):
  • New Realm (The Past) with Unique Biomes
  • New Music and SFX
  • Dinosaur Herds
  • Unique Dinos only found in The Past
The Jurassic Update will bring the much anticipated Time Machine to life! The Time Machine will take you to a realm filled with new biomes called “The Past”, full of new sights and sounds. “The Past” will usher in new dinosaurs only found in prehistoric times, which you’ll get to see in herds, roaming in the wild. We’re extremely excited about this update, expect more details in a future post.

Cretaceous (Ancient Civilization Update):
  • Ruined civilizations to be excavated
  • Cities in past eras
  • Skin Pack Compatibility
The Cretaceous Update will consist of adding tons of new archeology features! Begin finding civilizations ravaged by time. Explore these ruins and uncover more tools and secrets of the past. With the time machine venture into The Past to discover cities in their golden age. Also in this update, we’ll add the ability to easily include additional skins for dinosaurs.

K-Pg Extinction Event (??? Update):
  • ???
We’ll have more details about the K-Pg Extinction Event Update as we go along.

We’ve got three more things we’d like to discuss:

First off, although we have tons of new features we’ll be rolling out, we will be prioritizing stable updates. After that, in order to stay current with the most up-to-date versions of Minecraft, version compatibility will come next. We know many of you have been patiently waiting for 1.6, but due to restructuring, work has been coming along slowly, and we’d like to apologize for that. Rest assured, we are working on it, and a stable build on 1.6 is our number one priority at the moment.

Secondly, we’d like to acknowledge an unreleased mod which made some waves on this thread. We would enjoy seeing another dinosaur mod based off Flammarilva’s original design. We have a vision of where we’re heading with F/A Revival and it’s cool to see where others go with the original mod. Releasing a mod is a massive undertaking which not many can successfully do, so we wish them the best of luck. We ask though, that you keep the conversation on this and other threads on track and on topic. Thanks for being so understanding!

Lastly, we will always welcome your ideas regarding new features, dinosaurs, and archeology gameplay. We love that we have such a vocal community, and we’re eager to get your feedback on the mod and these updates. So please, by all means, suggest something or critique our ideas!

If you’ve read this far, thanks for reading the (long) update plans! Just a few more reminders left:
  • Make sure to report any bugs you might encounter (https://github.com/4...cheology/issues)
  • Go follow us on Twitter! @FossilsRevival
  • Check out the F/A mod server (fossils.noip.us:25865)
  • Most importantly, go have fun, and dig up some fossils!
Thanks folks, and remember to stay classy!
-Fossils Archeology Revival Team

OLD NEWS

Spoiler:

FOSSILS PUBLIC SERVER

Spoiler:

FEATURES/ITEMS/BLOCKS

We have a wiki now, maintained by the Fossils and Archaeology community. Check it out if you're interested in seeing what blocks, items, dinosaurs, and features there are in the mod.

http://fossils-archeology.wikia.com

DOWNLOAD AND INSTALLATION

Fossils/Archeology Revival 1.5

Fossils/Archeology Revival 1.5.2 Build 5.3: (direct)

Below is an imgur album with updated instructions on installing the mod using the new Minecraft launcher.

http://imgur.com/a/dPfmd (Windows instructions)

1. Install Forge  (Forge 7.81.738)
2. Drop Fossil Archaeology 1.5.2 Build 5.3.zip into your mods folder (do not unzip)
When you start up a world and it says something about mismatched IDs, it should be ok to just continue.

Previous 1.5.2 Versions

Spoiler:

Fossils/Archeology Revival 1.47

Spoiler:

ADDITIONAL DOWNLOADS/TEXTURE PACKS

Raptofarian has created a fan made texture pack for the dinosaur skins.Find it on his post here.

KNOWN BUGS

Spoiler:

COPYRIGHT AND MODPACKS

Spoiler:

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Luke
    Luke

Redstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 693 posts
  • Minecraft: CurseLuke
  • Xbox:CurseLuke

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:17 AM

Awesome!!!

Kashmoney
  • Minecraft: Kashyapo

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:24 AM

how did you install the shaders for the snapshot?
Posted Image

Annysia
    Annysia

Void Walker

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1982 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:26 AM

Looks good...I like the new image in the OP.  Looks like we can start our new world on the server I play on.  One question...did the loot chests for structures and ships make it into the pre-release?  No biggie if they didn't...we'll just wait til Friday. =)
Posted Image

Kashmoney
  • Minecraft: Kashyapo

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:31 AM

Ok this is all great, but let me get this straight....I can't install this on my regular 1.4.7 minecraft?!?1? I don't want to update to the snapshot, primarily because I got so much done with mo'creatures and atmos mobs mods. I don't want to remove them or the pre-historic mod or the paleocraft mod.
Posted Image

Annysia
    Annysia

Void Walker

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1982 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:34 AM

View PostKashmoney, on 28 February 2013 - 06:31 AM, said:

Ok this is all great, but let me get this straight....I can't install this on my regular 1.4.7 minecraft?!?1? I don't want to update to the snapshot, primarily because I got so much done with mo'creatures and atmos mobs mods. I don't want to remove them or the pre-historic mod or the paleocraft mod.

I don't think this is for the snapshot...I think this is for regular 1.4.7...at least that is what the title says. This is a pre-release of this mod...not of the new MC.
Posted Image

4f6f3b
    4f6f3b

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:39 AM

View PostKashmoney, on 28 February 2013 - 06:31 AM, said:

View PostAnnysia, on 28 February 2013 - 06:34 AM, said:

I don't think this is for the snapshot...I think this is for regular 1.4.7...at least that is what the title says. This is a pre-release of this mod...not of the new MC.

Correct. I see how that may be confusing. It is for 1.4.7, the "1.47 Build 0001 Pre 13W09A" is the mod version, using Mojang's version scheme. For 1.4.7, Build 0001, prerelease, year 13, Week 09, Alpha. At least I think that's how Shadow explained it to me. :)
Posted Image

gjr888
    gjr888

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • Minecraft: gjr888
  • Xbox:thegjr888

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:40 AM

will this work for1.4.7? EDIT: nvm :)

Posted Image

4f6f3b
    4f6f3b

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:43 AM

View PostAnnysia, on 28 February 2013 - 06:26 AM, said:

Looks good...I like the new image in the OP.  Looks like we can start our new world on the server I play on.  One question...did the loot chests for structures and ships make it into the pre-release?  No biggie if they didn't...we'll just wait til Friday. =)

I'm not sure at the moment. I'm running a public test server that'll hopefully be running any builds we test from now until a day or two after release. Just be careful about the eggs, don't right click them after you place them or the server crashes and that's that.

View PostKashmoney, on 28 February 2013 - 06:24 AM, said:

how did you install the shaders for the snapshot?

http://www.minecraft...ed-by-karyonix/
Instructions here, using Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders.
Posted Image

Chrisfred10
  • Minecraft: Chrisfred10

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:47 AM

This is sounding awesome! Can't wait until the bug update fix thingy is released
Posted Image

Darthbill99

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:48 AM

how come the dilophosaurus is now a Utah raptor? it doesn't even look like a Utah-raptor.
I am a  monument to all your sins

Mikko_blu
    Mikko_blu

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1688 posts
  • Minecraft: Mikko_blu

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:53 AM

Hi there - just quick note. I moved your topic to Work In Progress mods. When you feel that it's finished and ready for release, just give me a PM and i'll move it back!

<3 Mikko

Lilo&Stitch

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:44 AM

The buildings might be a tad common, I found three within five minutes of starting a new world. They are very cool though. http://i352.photobuc...zps390f19e5.png

I like this one Posted Image It's almost floating Posted Image http://i352.photobuc...zps32753382.png

Bladeking68

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:09 AM

The cultivator doesnt make any dino dna it just makes swords but the swords have no name and they do nothing
Posted Image

SteveCraftwood

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:50 AM

I just downloaded the prerelease, I tried to start Minecraft and got this:

Spoiler:

Help please?
Posted Image

Posted Image
PROUD USER OF THE STEVE SKIN

microjunk
  • Minecraft: imrlyfkdnow

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:23 PM

View PostAnnysia, on 28 February 2013 - 06:26 AM, said:

Loot chests not in yet....sorry, didnt think it was an important pre release fix.....should be in friday

View PostLilo&Stitch, on 28 February 2013 - 09:44 AM, said:

The buildings might be a tad common, I found three within five minutes of starting a new world. They are very cool though. http://i352.photobuc...zps390f19e5.png

I like this one Posted Image It's almost floating Posted Image http://i352.photobuc...zps32753382.png

still working on rarity for this, having just a little trouble...love the photos though...second one is my new desktop

View PostBladeking68, on 28 February 2013 - 10:09 AM, said:

The cultivator doesnt make any dino dna it just makes swords but the swords have no name and they do nothing

We are aware of thi already, but thanks we do appreciate the feedback
Check out Builder Mod...here...
Find out how I generate....coolAlias...world structure generation and rotation tool...

4f6f3b
    4f6f3b

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:55 PM

View PostMikko_blu, on 28 February 2013 - 08:53 AM, said:

Hi there - just quick note. I moved your topic to Work In Progress mods. When you feel that it's finished and ready for release, just give me a PM and i'll move it back!

<3 Mikko

Will do. Posted Image

View PostULiopleurodon, on 28 February 2013 - 11:50 AM, said:

I just downloaded the prerelease, I tried to start Minecraft and got this:

Spoiler:

Help please?

How are you placing the mod?

Your folder hierarchy should look like,

./minecraft
- /mods
-- /fossil
--- mcmod.info
--- /fossil
---- /the rest of the files
Posted Image

Winnerjosh

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:21 PM

This is the crash error i get when i start the game:

Minecraft has crashed!
  ----------------------
Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem; Failed to start game
A full error report has been saved to C:\Users\Dell Inspiron\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\crash-reports\crash-2013-02-28_09.20.23-client.txt - Please include a copy of that file (Not this screen!) if you report this crash to anyone; without it, they will not be able to help fix the crash :(

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT c0535ba1 --------
Full report at:
C:\Users\Dell Inspiron\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\crash-reports\crash-2013-02-28_09.20.23-client.txt
Please show that file to Mojang, NOT just this screen!
Generated 2/28/13 9:20 AM
-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.4.7
Operating System: Windows Vista (x86) version 6.0
Java Version: 1.7.0_11, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot™ Client VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 404241368 bytes (385 MB) / 519110656 bytes (495 MB) up to 1037959168 bytes (989 MB)
JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xms512m -Xmx1024m
AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
Suspicious classes: FML and Forge are installed
IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
FML: MCP v7.26 FML v4.7.4.520 Minecraft Forge 6.6.0.497 4 mods loaded, 4 mods active
mcp [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
FML [Forge Mod Loader] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed
Forge [Minecraft Forge] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed
Fossil [Fossil/Archeology] (FossilArcheology Revival 1.47 Build 0001 Pre 13w09a.zip) Unloaded->Errored
LWJGL: 2.4.2
OpenGL: ATI Radeon HD 5450 GL version 4.2.11631 Compatibility Profile Context, ATI Technologies Inc.
Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'forge,fml'
Type: Client (map_client.txt)
Texture Pack: Default
Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
Vec3 Pool Size: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null
cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: fossil.Fossil
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.transition(LoadController.java:117)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:485)
at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:161)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:410)
at asq.a(SourceFile:56)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:744)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: fossil.Fossil
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.RelaunchClassLoader.findClass(RelaunchClassLoader.java:185)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.ModClassLoader.loadClass(ModClassLoader.java:57)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.constructMod(FMLModContainer.java:416)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:69)
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:317)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:300)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:268)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:140)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:69)
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:317)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:300)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:268)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:83)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:479)
... 5 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.objectweb.asm.ClassReader.<init>(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraftforge.transformers.EventTransformer.transform(EventTransformer.java:29)
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.RelaunchClassLoader.runTransformers(RelaunchClassLoader.java:228)
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.RelaunchClassLoader.findClass(RelaunchClassLoader.java:173)
... 32 more
--- END ERROR REPORT eaf60f05 ----------

SteveCraftwood

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:41 PM

View Post4f6f3b, on 28 February 2013 - 01:55 PM, said:

Will do. Posted Image

How are you placing the mod?

Your folder hierarchy should look like,

./minecraft
- /mods
-- /fossil
--- mcmod.info
--- /fossil
---- /the rest of the files

I just place it in the mods folder of the .minecraft, should I create more folders?
Posted Image

Posted Image
PROUD USER OF THE STEVE SKIN

Erik3003
  • Minecraft: Erik3003

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:55 PM

Good job,Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
but what´s new in the 0001 version, or what will
be included in future version?
I hope there will be more dinosaurs like
spinosaurus Posted Image