Latest News Article

Logitech G110 Keyboard

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Kruzzik_Kel
  • Minecraft: Kruziik_Kel

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:13 PM

View PostSpartanBlockhead, on 27 February 2013 - 08:43 PM, said:

I have a Logitech G300 mouse so I really don't have many buttons to work with. I have been wanting the ability to use more macros for a while so the macro keys are practically a must.

Kind of going back on the statement I made before, I would actually prefer it not to be mechanical. I have never used one before, so personally I'd rather not try one because, like you said, I'll never go back to membrane keyboards (which tend to be quite a bit cheaper). So it's kind of a long-term money-saving thing.

you will (almost) never need to replace a mech board if your happy with one though with macros and blue backlight with anything but reds would be hard to find

View Postfm87, on 15 August 2013 - 09:50 PM, said:

They are as much "hackers" as Obama is a giant reptilian space toaster.

Register or log in to remove.

FrozenOblivion
  • Minecraft: FrozenOblivion

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:17 PM

View Postlieutenant54321, on 27 February 2013 - 12:56 AM, said:

IMO I don't like the K90. Red switches are pretty much useless and reviews say the backlight goes out quickly.

Get the CMStorm Quickfire rapid, very good budget mechanical with cherry mx blue. If you dont like the noise of the blues you may be able to find one with browns.
My backlight is 100% fine.
Had this keyboard for months, like 7 months~?

Skippy509
  • Minecraft: Skippy50351

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:14 PM

It might be a bit more, but the K90 sounds like what you need. Full 2 year warranty, too, tons of macros (20 or so, and then you can switch modes so you end up with like 60).
Also, mechanical keys are MUCH better than membrane.
Posted Image

SpartanBlockhead
  • Minecraft: SpartanBlockhead

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:55 PM

View PostSkippy509, on 27 February 2013 - 10:14 PM, said:

It might be a bit more, but the K90 sounds like what you need. Full 2 year warranty, too, tons of macros (20 or so, and then you can switch modes so you end up with like 60).
Also, mechanical keys are MUCH better than membrane.

I am on a tight budget, and I really don't feel like spending that much on a keyboard. Of course it looks amazing and probably IS amazing, but that's nearly twice as much as I want to spend.

Also, I hear everyone say mechanical keys are better, but I don't know that and I'd like to keep it that way. I don't want to become addicted to mechanical keys and end up paying far more than I should for keyboards for the rest of my life.

It's becoming clear to me now that the G110 is pretty much the only thing that matches exactly what I'm looking for, so I guess I'll just have to stick with it. Does anyone know if and when it will restock?

Skippy509
  • Minecraft: Skippy50351

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:12 PM

View PostSpartanBlockhead, on 27 February 2013 - 08:43 PM, said:

I have a Logitech G300 mouse so I really don't have many buttons to work with. I have been wanting the ability to use more macros for a while so the macro keys are practically a must.

Kind of going back on the statement I made before, I would actually prefer it not to be mechanical. I have never used one before, so personally I'd rather not try one because, like you said, I'll never go back to membrane keyboards (which tend to be quite a bit cheaper). So it's kind of a long-term money-saving thing.
If you're on such a tight budget, seriously, don't clear yourself out for a keyboard. It will not make THAT much of a difference to where you need to be completely broke.
Posted Image

SpartanBlockhead

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:15 PM

View PostSkippy509, on 27 February 2013 - 11:12 PM, said:

If you're on such a tight budget, seriously, don't clear yourself out for a keyboard. It will not make THAT much of a difference to where you need to be completely broke.

I'm not spending all of my money on a keyboard. I'm saving up for quite a few things. I'll be getting the keyboard soon along with a wall mount for my TV (not that expensive but still), and in a few months I'll be getting an SSD and a new phone for my birthday (which I will have to help pay for).

SpartanBlockhead

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:32 AM

Well I got the G110 today and it's great. I looked on the TigerDirect website (sold out online) and it said they had limited stock at my local store. So I went down to TigerDirect today and they were sold out, but they had a G110 on display. They said they'd sell it to me for a 5% discount (pricetag was $60) so I said sure since I was tired of searching around for so long. Then they scanned it and it came up as $50, and they still took off the 5%. After tax it was about $50 even, so I'm happy. When I got the display G110 it was pretty dusty and it had some gunk on some of the keys, but a thorough spray with the ol' air compressor and a good wipe down with disinfecting wipes it was good as new.