Vanilla World 24/7

1.6.2 vanilla no whitelist hardcore survival no lag big portals fast no grief

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

JoshArgent

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:23 PM

Posted Image

IP: play.vanillaworld.org

Vanilla World is a unique kind of server. What makes it so special is that griefing does not occur yet the experience is 100% vanilla. This is because every player gets teleported to a different part of the map, hundreds of thousands of blocks away from anyone else. This makes griefing incidents very unlikely! We are not technically vanilla but we believe in order for every player to enjoy the same vanilla experience certain plugins are required. This is truly a one of a kind server because we write most the our plugins ourselves.

You can choose between 3 games modes: Classic Survival, Hardcore or Skyblocks. Again all of these game modes have been tailor made to ensure that every single player has a unique, enjoyably experience. With friends, or with out.

We understand that the point of multiplayer is to play with other people so we have included a /sharehome feature which allows you and your friends to share homes. This means that you  can collaborate on projects with your friends easily and safely.

Register or log in to remove.

JoshArgent

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:32 PM

We now have more game modes:
  • Survival
  • Hardcore
  • Skyblocks
Connect with play.vanillaworld.org

JoshArgent

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:07 PM

We're fully updated to 1.6.2. Come join us now!

John_Driver

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:14 PM

I love the way you have this server set up! It's like you have your own singleplayer world, with the option to be with other players. It's the server that I have always dreamed of! Keep up the good work Josh! Posted Image

jamerjamez

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:17 PM

This Server is simply outstanding I have been on this server for almost 6 months now and have never been bored once! The community is amazing almost like a family, the staff is always friendly and there is little no none rule breakers. I would recommend this server to anyone who wanted a fun vanilla filled time xD. Good Work Josh. You built yourself a nice empire. :)

Rate: 10/10

critiqued

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:23 PM

Vanilla World is an semi-vanilla server with 3 game modes – survival, skyblocks, and hardcore owned by JoshA22. Vanilla World has been running for approximately one year, and since then has had an ever-growing community.

Vanilla World has a very helpful community – from the Twitter, to the Facebook – and even a community-run Tumblr. Vanilla World has an official forum – vanillaworld.org, where you can receive help from other members and moderators, or you can vote for the server and receive emeralds, which are the in-game currency on Vanilla World. You can also report members on the site, or even meet new people! Vanilla World provides a unique experience of Minecraft, incorporating grief-free gameplay while still being able to play with friends or to meet new people. In order to prevent griefing and stealing, Vanilla World has a few security plugins. The most common plugin – Lockette. Lockette allows users to lock important items such as furnaces or chests.

In addition to the wonderful server specs, Vanilla World has a Teamspeak to communicate with other players – chat.vanillaworld.org:10032.

Do you want to experience a brand-new unique Vanilla Server? Then, what are you waiting for? Join us today at play.vanillaworld.org!

PepsiShades

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:04 PM

One of the best experiences I've had with Minecraft. Having a great chat with lots of friendly, helpful, and funny people. All while playing a safe and enjoyable Vanilla type world. Trouble makers are dealt with quickly by a great staff. People can team up to make whole village communities, or live by them selves and make their own markets. I play by myself mostly. But meeting the people and hearing ideas drives me to want to be more and more involved with the server and world as a whole. Cleaned up conversations; No Ads; No grieving; And best of all. No players fighting to get everything you own (No PVP).

PeaceDragon197

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:19 PM

Only being on this server for over a week, I was surrounded by a very friendly community of Minecraft players! They're a close-knitted family in which I think a lot of people look for! Their Mods and Admins do their best to keep the unwanted players out of the way to make everyone's play more comfortable! Vanilla World is a vanilla-like world with SkyBlock, Vanilla, and Hardcore Posted Image The /start command never disappoints in choosing a good spawn point for you when you start! I think anyone who doesn't do much PvP would enjoy this server very much!

ElleLightbulb

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:49 AM

First server I ever started playing on. No other server I have tried since has been nearly comparable to Vanilla World. Simple commands, fantastic community, the best moderators ;] hahaha.

Carvin
    Carvin

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:09 AM

It didn't take me long to get attached to the server. Great staff helps keep the irritations out of chat and out of game, with the best Vanilla experiences I've had thus far.

melonbun
    melonbun

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Minecraft: melonbun

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:16 PM

I haven't been playing on Vanilla World for very long but it's the best server I've played on.
Great community, great staff! What's not to love? It's truly a great server Posted Image

mrwylie
    mrwylie

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:48 PM

Honestly the best server I have ever found. Only server I ever play on and I can't wait for the PvP server soon. I would definitely recommend this server because of the friendly staff and community. With simple commands and anti-grief measures this server is fantastic. Pure quality.Posted Image

adam_lav
  • Minecraft: adam_lav

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:35 PM

In all honesty, this server is great. It has the friendly community and motivated staff I was looking for. Not to mention that the vanilla playing style is something I have been searching for for the longest time. Its all vanilla aside from a few plugins that help maintain peace and order in the server. Its really just an all-around awesome server, everyone should join! -adam_lav
Holes in the ground always lead to adventure!

Seraya
    Seraya

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Minecraft: Seraya

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:34 PM

I've owned and played Minecraft single player off and on for a while. Recently I decided to try a multiplayer server, and looked for one specifically that was not PVP and had griefing protection of some kind. I stumbled across Vanilla World in one of the server list sites, and boy am I glad.

You can choose to play PvE by yourself, as I have, or you and friends can start a town in your own generated portion of the world. Starting locations are spread out by thousands and thousands of blocks, so the chance of randomly coming across someone else's spawn point is very low.

The community is also very good, many helpful people, consistent mods and a nice economy based on trading farmable goods into emeralds, then turning emeralds into enchantment books, tools, etc.

I highly recommend checking it out if you're looking for a fun, friendly place to play.

BlackJar72
  • Minecraft: JaredBGreat

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:49 AM

Well, my banner my not seem to fit, but this is the only actual SMP server I've played on (my modded games are all SSP).  I guess that doesn't give me much of a basis for comparison, but I like it there -- its a very friendly place.

Hey, why isn't there a Vanilla World banner?!?

Posted Image

Alizona
    Alizona

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 523 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:55 PM

This server is very good IMO. I wanted a place to place that's pretty much vanilla minecraft without griefers and all the negative stuff, but without a lot of plugins to keep them all under control.  I also don't do PVP cause this is a building game not a fighting game...  so I really like the fact that they spread the players out across a huge world so that the chance of being discovered and griefed is small.  I played another server and discovered it had a border around the world where you couldn't travel, and I felt trapped.  Not at Vanilla World!  The biggest problem I have now is that the coordinates are six digits, which makes keeping my little logbook of interesting places and things I've discovered kinda tedious to write down each time.  It's a lot of numbers!  But I'm really happy playing on this server and everybody seems to have fun wherever they are in the world - I read the chat box and people are working together on projects all the time.  You can tp (teleport) to other people with their permission which might not be true vanilla but it really helps the social/friendly aspect of the game due to the distances the players are apart.  Also, they do have villagers at spawn with pretty much everything you need to be playing in style in no time - just gotta get some of those valuable emeralds to buy what you want!  Log in every day to get 2 free emeralds, and either mine for more or else make things and trade them to the spawn villagers for emeralds...  I think this server is a lot of fun without a lot of hassle.  If you like vanilla minecraft without a ton of plugins and stuff, give Vanilla World a try!  Have fun!!

-Alizona

Heronicola

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:04 AM

Ive been playing on this server for 7-8 months and its been my favorite server for a long time.
Friendly staff, helpful people, Its a great server!!!

PrincessLala95

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:26 PM

I was lucky enough to find Vanilla World earlier this year, late-January or early-February, and it had everything that my partner and I were looking for in a server. It was safe, it gave us all the freedom we wanted to build and play, and from what we saw of them, the people on it were friendly, supportive, and helpful. We played on it often. Every now and then, we would go looking for another server to play on, a minigames server or a parkour server, but we always came back to Vanilla World.

We mostly kept to ourselves when playing, but whenever we did step out and talk to the rest of the community, everyone was positive and friendly. Whenever the server was hit by spambots or rulebreakers, the moderators dealt with it promptly and in a professional, mature manner.

My partner and I are now active members of the server's community, and I was lucky enough a few weeks ago to be given the opportunity to become a moderator for the server, a role which I was more than happy to assume. This server is absolutely one of the best I have ever seen.

The community based around this server is one of the best communities I have ever seen online, and that's saying a lot as I've certainly been around. The people here are so helpful, positive, and supportive. I've found many amazing friends since becoming an active member of the Vanilla World community. I've found people I can talk to about anything and everything, and in return, people who can come and talk to me about things. The mutual love, friendship, and trust between the members of this server is a beautiful thing, really, seeing people brought together by something as simple as a server.

The server itself is also an excellent place, even for those who aren't seeking to become members of a community like ours. When you first start out in Vanilla World, you are teleported to an area all to yourself, thousands upon thousands upon thousands of blocks from other players. This permits you to build your home with peace of mind, knowing that nobody is going to come along, stumble upon your house, and burn it to the ground. When you set your home, you must send a mod request asking a moderator to do so. This way, moderators can ensure that players will be safe - they can ensure that people don't teleport to others and set their homes a few hundred blocks away so they can come back and grief whenever they like, and they can ensure that if you move in with another, it is only done so long as the other player says it is alright. Grief is almost nonexistant, and when it does occur, it is mainly due to player error - accepting teleport requests from strangers or members who aren't trustworthy.

The rules of this server are excellent rules, to the point where I feel that they should be considered standard rules for most servers. We have rules against griefing, rules against spam and caps and vulgar language, and other basic, simple rules that keep the server and gameplay positive and safe. The rules are very easy to follow; the majority of us do so without even thinking about it. When rulebreakers do come along, the moderators do an excellent job handling the situation whatever it may be. The moderators on the server are all highly qualified, hardworking, diligent, respectful to the rules, friendly, and they genuinely care about the server and its players.

Vanilla World is, in my opinion, everything somebody could ask for in a server. It has a positive, friendly, caring community. It is safe and offers unique, secure vanilla gameplay. It is maintained and moderated by an awesome owner and a fantastic staff, and if anyone were looking for a Minecraft server to play on, Vanilla world would always be my first recommendation.

Molaski
    Molaski

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:30 AM

Such a family friendly server! Trusted moderators and always a good community.

Stooge169
  • Minecraft: Stooge169

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:38 PM

This is the first server that I found to be amazing! I love it. Plus you can talk with Josh right through the forum and he will respond to you quickly. I'm glad to be apart of this community! I wish I had more time to play right now.