What is Four to Win?
It is basically like the game Connect 4. Players take turns choosing which column to drop their block into. When one player has 4 blocks in a row, horizontally, vertically, or diagonally, they win. Okay...that sounds just like Connect 4. Except...
Two Gameplay modes:
- Normal is just like playing normally. Everybody sees where the blocks are on the board.
- Hidden plays just like normal, except you don't see the blocks. You must rely on your memory. When someone thinks they have "4 in a row", they'll push the button to reveal the placement. True, they win, false they lose.
- Instructions for play are prominently included on walls.
- Automatically switches to next player's block when previous players drops block.
- Has enough sand and gravel blocks that you will become bored way before running out.
- A custom texture pack is included in download to make game play easier. Well, I think it does.
- A "Coin Flipping" lever that you should probably ignore. But at least it works as intended now.
- I was bored. So I spent more time building other things on this map than the minigame. If you can find them that is. Or have the patience... Especially for that particular one...
- You will not get wet.
- 1.0 - Was all originally built in 1.3.2 (or it was 1.2.5). Worked fine up to 1.5.
- 1.1 - Corrected odd problem that prevented it from working in 1.5.1
- 1.2 - No change to main game operation. Tweaked "coin-flip" yet again. Removed glass ceiling. Prevented rain from occurring for a very long time. Should now have perpetual daylight.
- 1.2a - Very minor alteration. And changed 1.5 texture pack to the 1.6 resource pack format.
Downloads: over 8500 so far
Four to Win v1.2a Includes map and resource pack.