• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

How to set up a pirate-friendly server? (Not a pirate...)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

MatthewWilliams

Posted 19 February 2011 - 09:47 PM

First: I'm not a pirate. However, I'm at a friend's house and I'm having trouble getting my laptop on to the internet, so I can't connect to the authentication servers. (This is his computer.) I can connect to the local network, so if his server was pirate friendly I would have no trouble. How can I make the server not require authentication?

Thanks.

Register or log in to remove.

arden13
    arden13

Carpenter

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 09:54 PM

Open the server.properties file

change online-mode=true
to
online mode=false

now restart your server

MatthewWilliams

Posted 19 February 2011 - 10:03 PM

Thanks!

Second question: How do I make it so everyone's not "player"? :Flint:

Mydnyte
    Mydnyte

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 10:05 PM

You're having trouble getting the laptop on the internet.
But you're posting online.

Buy the fuckin' game.
Thanks.
Posted Image

MatthewWilliams

Posted 19 February 2011 - 10:08 PM

Mydnyte said:

You're having trouble getting the laptop on the internet.
But you're posting online.

Buy the fuckin' game.
Thanks.

MatthewWilliams said:

First: I'm not a pirate. However, I'm at a friend's house and I'm having trouble getting my laptop on to the internet, so I can't connect to the authentication servers. (This is his computer.) I can connect to the local network, so if his server was pirate friendly I would have no trouble. How can I make the server not require authentication?

Thanks.

Nice try though.

I bought it in Alpha, you think I wouldn't pay $14.11 for a game this fucking awesome?

I don't know the haspayed link, but my username is OFFLINEPLAY.

Mydnyte
    Mydnyte

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 10:11 PM

Look at your title, it's contradictory.

If you bought the game, it doesn't mean you can get your 25 friends to play without buying it.
For multiplayer, everyone needs to have purchased a copy of the game.

Edit: His computer is on HIS network, which is obviously connected to the internet. You say you can connect to his network... see the problem?
Posted Image

MatthewWilliams

Posted 19 February 2011 - 10:13 PM

Mydnyte said:

Look at your title it's contradictory.

If you bought the game, it doesn't mean you can get your 25 friends to play without buying it.
For multiplayer, everyone needs to have purchased a copy of the game.

Edit: His computer is on HIS network, which is obviously connected to the internet. You say you can connect to his network... see the problem?

All three people have it. Vista's just a piece of shit and can't connect to his internet. I can connect to the local network, though, so we could play over LAN if I didn't have to authenticate.

If any of you can think of a way that I can prove that I'm not lying, I'll do it.

EDIT:

Mydnyte said:

Network != Internet.

I'm connected fine to LAN, just not to the internet.

Mydnyte
    Mydnyte

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 10:16 PM

Good luck.
Posted Image

rch
    rch

Minecraft.cm

• Members
  • 4104 posts
  • Minecraft: rch

Posted 19 February 2011 - 10:20 PM

So if all three people have it and you're the only one who can't get on the internet (yet they can, on the same network you're on)... only one username would be "Player".. yours.

If they can access the internet just fine their names will be authenticated and you'll have 0 problems.

MatthewWilliams

Posted 19 February 2011 - 10:56 PM

rch said:

So if all three people have it and you're the only one who can't get on the internet (yet they can, on the same network you're on)... only one username would be "Player".. yours.

If they can access the internet just fine their names will be authenticated and you'll have 0 problems.

...I didn't actually try it, I just read that it would happen. I feel like an ass now. xD

Thank you!

Drowning
    Drowning

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 11:02 PM

http://www.minecraft...ser=OFFLINEPLAY

TRUE

Could be his friends account though. *Shrug*

allisgood888

Posted 20 February 2011 - 05:56 AM

So the only problem left is that everybody logging in is player?  It logs them in as player when offline mode is set to false, and if they do not have a paid version of minecraft.  There are some pirated programs out there that let you pick your name which would let you do this, but I'm not saying anything more than that.
Posted Image