Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.3_01] Wild Wheat Mod v1.2 *Working!*

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

xFyreStorm
  • Minecraft: haruiruno

Posted 19 February 2011 - 09:15 PM

Finally have up a working 1.3_01 version. Just the regular version, will put up item index version and wild grass compatible version soon. Now that thats cleared up, going to finish the wheat fields version.

Hey there. ^^
This is my first mod and it basically makes getting wheat a little more realistic.

What it does:

[*:1cbo7fho]It makes wild wheat generate on grass at the same probability as flowers. (You can now find wheat instead of growing it.)
    [*:1cbo7fho]Grass now drops wheat seeds at a 5% chance and grass seeds at a 25% chance.
    [*:1cbo7fho]Wheat seeds act as seeds do without the mod except they're yellow.
    [*:1cbo7fho]Grass seeds are green and instantly turns regular dirt into grass. (Easily grow back grass, and grow grass underground.)
    [*:1cbo7fho]Wheat grown by wheat seeds and wild wheat drops 1-3 wheat seeds and one wheat.

This mod does not effect and regular wheat and regular seeds, so you can continue using those in your current worlds with no problems. This mod requires mod loader, and only effects ht.class (ItemHoe).

Item and Block ID's (Can be changed from included properties):
Wild Wheat = 125
New Wheat = 122
Wheat Seeds = 124
Grass Seeds = 123

Download Links:
http://www.mediafire...pfy4jib9pmvbis5 <-- Does not work with Wild Grass mod. Will add a compatible version soon.

Update Log:
v1.2: Fixed properties files and changed defaults for item id's.
v1.1: Added properties file for item id's and Readme.
v1: First version released.

Hope you like it. :3

:(  :....:  :RFlower:
Developer of the Ice Cream Sandwich Creeper Mod, the (WIP) Borderlands Weapon Mod, and the "You Will Die" Mod!
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Sir.Sims
    Sir.Sims

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 09:33 PM

Great Stuff! Better atmosphere and variety level while you are on a tour through your world! But also much more realistic.

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

RoPa
    RoPa

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 10:14 PM

Cool Mod, but after I installed it the game crashed.

I don't know if this helps or if you can do anything about it but here is the info from the Minecraft crash report:
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Slot 121 is already occupied by GunpowderReeds@166340c when adding BlockWildWheat@e33e18

GunpowderReeds is from this Mod:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=172621

xFyreStorm

Posted 19 February 2011 - 10:30 PM

RoPa said:

Cool Mod, but after I installed it the game crashed.

I don't know if this helps or if you can do anything about it but here is the info from the Minecraft crash report:
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Slot 121 is already occupied by GunpowderReeds@166340c when adding BlockWildWheat@e33e18

GunpowderReeds is from this Mod:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=172621

That means both items have the same id number. You just reminded me that I meant to make a properties for the item id numbers. I probably have time to do that a little later on today, but not now because my sister is using my computer, sorry, you'll have to wait until I do that and then change the ids to one that will work for you. :o
I'll add the current id numbers for the items as soon as i can to the original post.
Developer of the Ice Cream Sandwich Creeper Mod, the (WIP) Borderlands Weapon Mod, and the "You Will Die" Mod!
Posted Image

RoPa
    RoPa

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 10:48 PM

IrunoHatake said:

That means both items have the same id number. You just reminded me that I meant to make a properties for the item id numbers. I probably have time to do that a little later on today, but not now because my sister is using my computer, sorry, you'll have to wait until I do that and then change the ids to one that will work for you. :(
I'll add the current id numbers for the items as soon as i can to the original post.

Thanks for the reply, whenever you get it done will be great. I appreciate it.

_phil
    _phil

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 11:30 PM

This+Wavin' Wheat = LOVE   :iapprove:
Posted Image

xFyreStorm

Posted 20 February 2011 - 12:03 AM

Now v1.1. New version includes a readme and properties file for item and block id's. I tested it out with defaults and changes id's and it seemed to work so tell me if you have any problems.

Thanks for the feed back guys. : )
Posted Image

BillyTingle
    BillyTingle

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1122 posts
  • Minecraft: BillyTingle

Posted 20 February 2011 - 12:19 AM

Very cool mod, but I think it would be cooler if it would spawn only in biomes that make sense; basically, dry and flat biomes.

In the middle ages, pink was a manly color!
Posted Image

CatManX
    CatManX

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 12:26 AM

How about a rare wheat field?

Wreckage
    Wreckage

Forum/Wiki Sponsor

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1330 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 12:30 AM

Would it be difficult to make it compatible with the Wild grass mod? It uses the ht class also. Very nice Mod.
My only limitation is my lack of imagination.  I can't code but I can build Adventure Maps. :)
Compilation Map  Adventure Map  Four Towers Full Edition and Jump and Ladders plus  Halls of Thorn.

xFyreStorm

Posted 20 February 2011 - 01:40 AM

Wreckage said:

Would it be difficult to make it compatible with the Wild grass mod? It uses the ht class also. Very nice Mod.

EDIT: Link for Wild Grass compatible Wild Wheat now in original post. :3

BillyTingle said:

Very cool mod, but I think it would be cooler if it would spawn only in biomes that make sense; basically, dry and flat biomes.

CatManX said:

How about a rare wheat field?

I'm not sure how to set generation of blocks for certain biomes with modloader, but looking at the generator, there are specific sections for each biomes. As for now though, with its rarity, it should mostly spawn in places that aren't too crazy. And for wheat fields, possibly making wheat generation a tiny bit rarer but spawning more at once, or if I figure out the biome thing, spawning more in grasslands. Both of these I actually though a little bit about when thinking about making this mod, and I am thinking about tweaking some things in the future.
Posted Image

Wreckage
    Wreckage

Forum/Wiki Sponsor

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1330 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 03:30 AM

Thanks for the quick response...... but now when I change the Id's I still get this (Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Slot 121 is already occupied by GunpowderReeds@40be76c7 when adding BlockWildWheat@18682406)
It says the same no matter what I change the Id's to.
My only limitation is my lack of imagination.  I can't code but I can build Adventure Maps. :)
Compilation Map  Adventure Map  Four Towers Full Edition and Jump and Ladders plus  Halls of Thorn.

Godknown
    Godknown

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 03:39 AM

Dude, yes! This is exactly what I thought of a few days ago, but I just didn't request it! Thanks! =D :SSSS:

EDIT: Okay, sort of. I was kind of hoping this mod would take the ORIGINAL wheat and have it show up every now and then. That'd probably take a little more effort, though, seeing as the original wheat requires tilled blocks next to water.

xFyreStorm

Posted 20 February 2011 - 03:50 AM

Wreckage said:

Thanks for the quick response...... but now when I change the Id's I still get this (Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Slot 121 is already occupied by GunpowderReeds@40be76c7 when adding BlockWildWheat@18682406)

Hmm... I set when the code can't find the properties file to set the items to the default value, so its possible I didn't set up the properties correctly. Either that or you aren't installing it or aren't changing the ids properly. I'll look at it again along with taking a look at Gunpowder Reeds. I think i'll install Gunpowder Reeds and see what happens, also it'd be helpful to know if that other person is having the same problem still after i'd updated. I'm sorry for the problems. :/
Posted Image

RoPa
    RoPa

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 04:33 AM

IrunoHatake said:

Wreckage said:

Hmm... I set when the code can't find the properties file to set the items to the default value, so its possible I didn't set up the properties correctly. Either that or you aren't installing it or aren't changing the ids properly. I'll look at it again along with taking a look at Gunpowder Reeds. I think i'll install Gunpowder Reeds and see what happens, also it'd be helpful to know if that other person is having the same problem still after i'd updated. I'm sorry for the problems. :/
I have also changed the ID number and I'm still getting that same crash report as before.
I've changed the ID number in the properties file before I install the Mod and also have changed it in the minecraft jar file, no luck either way.
What range of numbers can you use to try a change the Id?

xFyreStorm

Posted 20 February 2011 - 04:56 AM

RoPa said:

IrunoHatake said:

Wreckage said:

I have also changed the ID number and I'm still getting that same crash report as before.
I've changed the ID number in the properties file before I install the Mod and also have changed it in the minecraft jar file, no luck either way.
What range of numbers can you use to try a change the Id?

You can use up to 127, but i've been looking into it a while now, and I do believe its my code for the properties that is causing the problems. I'm trying get it fixed, and along with that fix, i'm just going to change the default value for the block thats giving you guys the problem. As it is almost 12 and i'm really tired, i'll see what I can do tommorow. I'm doing the best I can to stay on the ball with these problems though. I'm only 14 and just started learning java less than two weeks ago.
Posted Image

Wreckage
    Wreckage

Forum/Wiki Sponsor

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1330 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 05:03 AM

No worries, thanks for looking into it. :o

RoPa
    RoPa

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 05:05 AM

No problem, thanks for the effort.

I did get to use your Mod after I started over again with a fresh Minecraft install and it works great when Gunpowder Reeds isn't installed.

Get some rest, I'm confident you'll figure out the problem soon enough.

OgreSean

Posted 20 February 2011 - 05:30 AM

Wow, good job!  I was literally making the same kind of mod earlier today (I was experimenting with World Generation) for generating random fields of wheat as the player explores, but I guess you beat me to it.  Much better than what I was doing anyway.
:iapprove:
Check out the mod I'm making!
Builder Mobs 0.53
Posted Image
My Other Mods Here

Myst58
    Myst58

Carpenter

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 05:44 AM

This looks promising.  Love the concept, lately I never settle in one place long enough for wheat to grow.

I've stuffed so many mods into my game that my modloader sprite count is up to 251, which makes this a perfect final "item-based" addition to squeeze into the end.  Any further additions will have to be mobs w/o custom items :*(  

(BTW, Anyone who want's to help in the development of a More Sprite IDs mod, check out Page 69 on Shockah's Collection, link in sig)