• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

SAMB1997
    SAMB1997

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:21 AM

I've recently been playing Feed The Beast without modding vanilla minecraft. I've been using the FTB launcher which has the minecraft files already loaded in the Direwolf20 pack. For some reason it starts lagging after about three minutes after I start my map. I exit out, restart, and the same thing happens. I have added more ram to the Java runtime parameters. I also added more RAM from the FTB launcher options. I then tried installing optifine and using most of the fastest settings. All of this gave me almost no results. The debug screen says I have 600mb of alloted memory, but I set java runtime and the ftb launcher for 3GB. I have tried opening minecraft.jar with Java SE Binary, but it keeps saying "ERROR: Invalid or Corrupt jarfile." I am assuming this is because it is a modded .jar. If anoune knows a way around this please let me know.

Register or log in to remove.

webrosc
    webrosc

Kitty Moderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • 8034 posts
  • Minecraft: webrosc

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:07 AM

are you running 64bit windows (or whatever os) and 64bit java to allow more than 1.5GB ram allocation?

SAMB1997
    SAMB1997

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:18 AM

I am running 64 bit Java and windows. However, it will not run with the RAM that I specified in runtime parameters, which was 3 Gb. My laptop has 4gb of RAM total (But I may be getting more soon).