Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minecraft : Pi Edition - Recording

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

edweed00
  • Minecraft: edweed00

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

Hello, i recently downloaded minecraft pi edtion and tried to use it on my pi, but it didnt work, i soon found out that you needed a specific operating system, so i switched to "wheezy".... Anyway thats sort of goes onto my next point, while i was using the old operating system i saw a program while searching through aptitude (shop based in LXTerminal) and it was a screen recorder so i had thoughts about recording pi edition on it, so i downloaded it. When pi edition came out and it didnt work, i wass kinda... 'unhappy'... So i dont know if you can do the same on wheezy but if you can then this would kinda be a big deal.... a cool deal, pi edition is basically pocket edition but on the pi... heh heh ... anyway, my main point is if i can get this working then we will get let's plays, tutorials and more on the pi, NOT just on Pi edition!Posted Image Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

selawdivad

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:31 PM

I found that screenshots didn't work. Screenshots would capture everything on the screen, except for Minecraft Pi edition, which would appear as a black rectangle. I have read that this is due to the low level hacks Mojang had to do to enable hardware accelerated 3D graphics on the Pi. (Because Minecraft isn't using X for rendering, screenshot utilities which capture pictures of the current state of X can't actually see Minecraft...)

Unit158
    Unit158

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:44 PM

Use a pvr, camera or capture card to record your game.
In full screen with 128MiB of RAM to the GPU it will struggle, but a good audience shouldn't mind.
Gone.

mackthehobbit

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:39 AM

I think this is more possible, and less laggy, if you set up a remote X server on a PC connected to the same network, run mcpi through that, and record the PC's screen using regular software. That is of course assuming you would have access to a PC to use :P

edweed00
  • Minecraft: edweed00

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:16 PM

View Postmackthehobbit, on 13 April 2013 - 10:39 AM, said:

I think this is more possible, and less laggy, if you set up a remote X server on a PC connected to the same network, run mcpi through that, and record the PC's screen using regular software. That is of course assuming you would have access to a PC to use Posted Image
how'd ya think i got on the forums? Posted Image