• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

kyronae
    kyronae

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:35 AM

My friend just recently lost her whole server and all of her private worlds that she'd created. So, in honor of her starting up a new one to replace it, I decided to take on a project that I knew would make her happy.

The Tenth Doctor's TARDIS.

Posted Image

The TARDIS itself is made out of blue wool and glow stone. Nothing fancy, because we're on a vanilla server with no mods or texture packs. But I still wanted it to be bigger on the inside. So, rather than building it into a mountain (which I've seen done a lot), or using a command block (which my friend considered "cheating"), I made a long drop with a 1x6 layer of water at the bottom so that you could get an "instant"  new view of the inside.

Posted Image

Posted Image

In addition to the console room, there are three wings... each with a sticky-piston hidden door, covered in vines. I didn't want to ruin the aesthetic of the console room to give access to other areas.

There are 17 rooms (in addition to the console room)...some of which are just storage. But there are the companions' bedrooms:

(What will be) Amy and Rory's room:

Posted Image

The Skull Room:

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Water Room:

Posted Image

The Pink Room:

Posted Image

The Forest Room:

Posted Image

And the special rooms:

The Zero Room:

Posted Image

The Cricket Pitch:

Posted Image

The Cloister Room/Bell:

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Swimming Pool:

Posted Image

(Pre-Eleven, so it's not in the library, yet)

The Garden:

Posted Image

It took waaaay too much sandstone, wooden buttons, and time. But I'm pretty proud of it, all the same.
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." ~Albert Einstein~

Register or log in to remove.

VossMaster
  • Minecraft: Vossmaster46

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:14 AM

Wow. Astonishingly beautiful.  I thought it would be a statue or a monument. But no, you went over my expectations.

And to go along with this, have a pic of my dalek I made a year ago!

Posted Image

-This user has now passed on to another realm of foruming-

kyronae
    kyronae

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:41 AM

View PostVossmaster46, on 19 February 2013 - 08:14 AM, said:

Wow. Astonishingly beautiful.  I thought it would be a statue or a monument. But no, you went over my expectations.

And to go along with this, have a pic of my dalek I made a year ago!

I love it! :D
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." ~Albert Einstein~

SpoofGaming
  • Minecraft: Ghelgath

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:32 PM

Nice one!You clearly pout in a lot of work in this project, i am pretty sure your friend will love it ;D!

-Paradox
Posted Image

wilum1
    wilum1

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 801 posts
  • Minecraft: wilum1

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:49 PM

Wow! I love it. You are clearly a fan, love the bunkbeds, Zero room, etc. Nice attention to detail. I'm not keen on the outside to be honest. I think it would look better if it were just 3x3 blue wool, with one door and a tourch on top. Unless you go huge, you can't get any detail in anyway...

kyronae
    kyronae

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

View Postwilum1, on 19 February 2013 - 12:49 PM, said:

Wow! I love it. You are clearly a fan, love the bunkbeds, Zero room, etc. Nice attention to detail. I'm not keen on the outside to be honest. I think it would look better if it were just 3x3 blue wool, with one door and a tourch on top. Unless you go huge, you can't get any detail in anyway...

Oh, I agree. The outside is terrible. I considered the 3x3 version (because that would look nicer), but I wanted the doors on the outside to match the doors to the console room...so, double it was.