8 replies to this topic

Zandesh
    Zandesh

Carpenter

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:20 AM

Hi there,
I'm a first timer regarding server administration and currently I am in a learning process since it's my first time I rent a dedicated server.

So i'm interested in adding some diversity to my server rather than plain survival - So I thought i would like to give Multiverse-core a try so I could implement more worlds into my current server.

For an example have a portal to an adventure map etc etc.

Anyway!

Is there anybody who can tell how I can import new worlds into my server without messing up my current map?

Cheers in advance!
- Zandesh

Register or log in to remove.

Rogue
    Rogue

Gambrinous

• Forum Admin
  • Curse Premium
  • 8734 posts
  • Minecraft: Rogue
  • Xbox:RogueMurder

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:18 AM

It's been almost a year since I've used multiverse, so bear with me here. And don't forget to backup the map first.

If you wish to import an existing world, I believe that you can simply put the world in the proper directory, and then use the world creation command. If I remember correctly, this does not overwrite it, but instead just sets the world as usable.

Quote my post to make sure I see your reply - MCF Hosting CoordinatorPosted Image

Zandesh
    Zandesh

Carpenter

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:06 AM

View PostRogue, on 18 February 2013 - 02:18 AM, said:

It's been almost a year since I've used multiverse, so bear with me here. And don't forget to backup the map first.

If you wish to import an existing world, I believe that you can simply put the world in the proper directory, and then use the world creation command. If I remember correctly, this does not overwrite it, but instead just sets the world as usable.
Thank you very much, i'll try that out later!
And yeah worst case scenario i'll just restore it with my backup if anything else fails!

qtpriest
    qtpriest

Support Guru

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • Minecraft: stunseed

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:26 AM

View PostZandesh, on 18 February 2013 - 01:20 AM, said:

Hi there,
I'm a first timer regarding server administration and currently I am in a learning process since it's my first time I rent a dedicated server.

So i'm interested in adding some diversity to my server rather than plain survival - So I thought i would like to give Multiverse-core a try so I could implement more worlds into my current server.

For an example have a portal to an adventure map etc etc.

Anyway!

Is there anybody who can tell how I can import new worlds into my server without messing up my current map?

Cheers in advance!
- Zandesh

there is a way to import maps with a /MV command /mv import <worldname> as long as you can load the world and multiverse notices its there but not on its config list. thats all importing is. if you can load more than one world at a time then do it. the way i used to do it as well if you couldnt import straight from MV was i kinda switched and swapped all my folders around like. removed the original world folder and put in my new world so it HAD To load all i did was rename the new file to world. also in server.properties if youre loading only one world at a time throw your new world into your server folder and then change the line of the world name to your new worlds name and it will be recognized by minecraft and world edit all at once.REMEMBER TO ALWAYS BACKUP
the earth first! we can strip mine the rest of the universe after. click the up arrow if i helped.
Be A part of a great server! connect with Theofficialmcserver.com

Posted Image

DuneRacoon

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:58 AM

Upload the world as a folder to the folder where your worlds are..

/mv import (worldname) (worldtype)

done.

jamesmarioman
  • Minecraft: jamesmarioman

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:26 PM

Thanks I saw This and loved it I didn't even know how to make one myself Thanks! Posted Image

JaredxLegends

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:03 PM

On mine it says its not a world help please?

kadolar
    kadolar

Out of the Water

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:59 PM

The world may need to be migrated, for whatever reason.  Easiest process for me was -

1a. Transfer the world folder from wherever else it was, to wherever you're running the server from (strongly suggest no spaces and no periods in the directory name).  I run my server from /home/minecraft/bukkit/ -
mv myworld /home/minecraft/bukkit/

1b. If you have _nether and _the_end folders for your world, bring them in too -
mv myworld_nether /home/minecraft/bukkit/
mv myworld_the_end /home/minecraft/bukkit/

2. Edit the server.properties file to specify the world you want import -
nano server.properties
...find the following line in the properties file and change it to match the name of your world
level-name=myworld
...exit and save the file.

3. Start up the minecraft server, and watch the import proceed
./run.sh

4. If necessary, stop the server and repeat the process from step 1 for each additional world.  

As you stop and start the server from now on, you should notice the various worlds are now being loaded automatically - this is because this file is slowly being populated with the various worlds that you are importing -
/home/minecraft/bukkit/plugins/Multiverse-Core/worlds.yml
This is also the file you'd need to edit if you want to change some of the settings per world.

qtpriest
    qtpriest

Support Guru

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • Minecraft: stunseed

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:02 PM

there is a great world plugin you can check out. i use this one its my favorite.
http://dev.bukkit.or...gins/my-worlds/
the earth first! we can strip mine the rest of the universe after. click the up arrow if i helped.
Be A part of a great server! connect with Theofficialmcserver.com

Posted Image