The Barrels Mod

1.7.2 the barrels mod forge open src

• Please log in to reply
983 replies to this topic

Need4Poop402
  • Minecraft: need4speed402

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:13 PM

POPULAR

Posted ImageThis mod adds three blocks that can store items just like a chest. But, barrels can only store one item type, but a lot of it. The quantity that is able to be stored varies by the type of barrel used.

Downloads

3.4.1 for Minecraft 1.7.2* - Mirror*

3.4.1 for Minecraft 1.6.4* - Mirror*

3.1 for Minecraft 1.5.1+* - Mirror*

1.8.4 for Minecraft 1.5* - Mirror*

1.8.4 for Minecraft 1.4.6 - 1.4.7* - Mirror*

Please give this mod a Posted Image if you like it!

Posted Image

Blocks

Spoiler:

How to use Barrels

Spoiler:

How to install

Spoiler:

Licence

Spoiler:

How to configure custom recipes

Spoiler:

Register or log in to remove.

StubbyEE
    StubbyEE

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1692 posts
  • Minecraft: StubbyEE
  • Xbox:StubbyEE

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:17 PM

Good job. Can we have pics of the GUI?
Posted Image

Need4Poop402

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:27 PM

View PostStubbyEE, on 17 February 2013 - 10:17 PM, said:

Good job. Can we have pics of the GUI?
The thing is, barrels don't have a GUI. Its all about clicking certain ways. To put items into a barrel, right click with the item you want to put in. And left click to take items out. There are other features that you can look at in the features tab in the original post.

Posted Image

StubbyEE
    StubbyEE

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1692 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:28 PM

View PostNeed4Poop402, on 17 February 2013 - 10:27 PM, said:

The thing is, barrels don't have a GUI. Its all about clicking certain ways. To put items into a barrel, right click with the item you want to put in. And left click to take items out. There are other features that you can look at in the features tab in the original post.

Ohhh, thanks for the reply. Sounds neat.
Posted Image

Need4Poop402

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

View PostStubbyEE, on 17 February 2013 - 10:28 PM, said:

Ohhh, thanks for the reply. Sounds neat.
I looked on your mod and it looks like you want to be a modder. Let me point out that my mod is open source.

Posted Image

Ganon5069

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:44 PM

*Cough* Copied from Factorization *cough*. You using exactly the same mechanics as factorization does. why to copy functionality.

Greedery
    Greedery

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

Nice mod!  I always wanted a mod with just the barrels! :D
@Above Learn to read.

Need4Poop402

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:48 PM

View PostGanon5069, on 17 February 2013 - 10:44 PM, said:

*Cough* Copied from Factorization *cough*. You using exactly the same mechanics as factorization does. why to copy functionality.
Yes, this mod is similar to the barrels added by factorization. I meant it to be this way too.
I’ll tell you why I made this mod in the first place:
I run a private server for my friends and me. I was running factorization on it. Everybody was happy using the mod pack I built for this server. I thought to myself: “Gee, I can make this server a lot better for the next map reset!” So I started to remove mods that really aren’t that great, Including Factorization. I and the other server members wanted the barrels but not any other stuff Factorization adds. So, as I love challenging when it comes to programming, I decided to make my own mod that adds barrels so I can ditch Factorization. Once finished, I did some bug testing witch friends, fixed the bugs then decided to release the mod for other people thinking the same thing as me.

Posted Image

sacul35
    sacul35

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 488 posts
  • Minecraft: sacul35

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:52 PM

Sounds like a cool idea. A new kind of storage is cool.

StubbyEE
    StubbyEE

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1692 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

View PostNeed4Poop402, on 17 February 2013 - 10:37 PM, said:

I looked on your mod and it looks like you want to be a modder. Let me point out that my mod is open source.

The truth is, I know nothing about java, but I am very eager to learn. Most of the tutorials don't really help me well. I used one of those mod making programs to make the mod.
Posted Image

Lolcroc
    Lolcroc

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:57 PM

"I have been working on for more than ten hours"

Yet you admit copying from factorization. Did you actually ask the owner?

Posted Image

dmillerw
    dmillerw

Nether Resident

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2160 posts
  • Minecraft: dmillerw

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:06 PM

You could at least credit Factorization. You even used their textures.

Need4Poop402

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:07 PM

View PostLolcroc, on 17 February 2013 - 10:57 PM, said:

"I have been working on for more than ten hours"

Yet you admit copying from factorization. Did you actually ask the owner?
Neptune pink said I am allowed to keep this mod up.

Posted Image

Ikkalyzte
  • Minecraft: ClAnta

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:14 PM

Um, did you ask permission from the author of Factorization first? Seeing as this is nearly a direct copy of his mod, with a few extra features.
I mean, cool mod and all, but I'd feel better using it if I knew that he didn't mind spin-offs.

Edit: If you're going to talk about "innovation", your mod doesn't have much. You don't improve on the interface, the textures, the idea, you just add a higher tier barrel. At the very least ask neptunepink first, so that he knows you're using his stuff.

Btw, don't give me all the "intellectual property patent/copyright shouldn't exist" crap. It doesn't matter: you copied him directly without even asking.

speles
    speles

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:17 PM

Could you make github repo for this mod?

MineCrates
  • Minecraft: LeoZesters

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:36 AM

Made a mod review ! Posted Image

Join The MineCrates Family Now!!

Zxapa
    Zxapa

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:51 PM

Nice mod, one of the two thing i needed from Factorization, second - modular armor and there is already one separate.
One suggestion - factorization barrels have marker on the front, could you add something like that? Its convinient to see where block picture should pop up.
I hope there will be no problems with neptunepink

Posted Image

bosky2102
  • Minecraft: bosky2102

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:12 PM

View PostNeed4Poop402, on 17 February 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

No. I couldn't care less to ask anyway. People who keep ideas to them selves don't like other people innovation then. It's just like Apple and Google (If you don't know what I mean then look it up). These are mods for video games. There nobody is starting any kind of lawsuit now are we?
Not trying to start a fight but you have changed nothing in this mod to inovate it more and you should atleast ask him to use his texutures if you are.

Apart from that nice mod I feel the same way about factorization I just dont get the point in it when you have IC2 and other mods just kinda makes it useless
Posted Image

Rimevel
    Rimevel

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • Minecraft: Rimevel

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:55 PM

Looks good! Don't be discouraged by all the people saying you copied Factorization. As long as you provide your own code and textures I don't see anything wrong. Some competition on the storage front might even be good :) This is a neat standalone mod for those who already have too much tech mods installed and only want some barrels for compact storage. Factorization on the other hand have the awesome routers. So there's something for everyone.

SirusKing
  • Minecraft: SirusKing

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:25 PM

View PostIkkalyzte, on 17 February 2013 - 11:14 PM, said:

Um, did you ask permission from the author of Factorization first? Seeing as this is nearly a direct copy of his mod, with a few extra features.
I mean, cool mod and all, but I'd feel better using it if I knew that he didn't mind spin-offs.

Edit: If you're going to talk about "innovation", your mod doesn't have much. You don't improve on the interface, the textures, the idea, you just add a higher tier barrel. At the very least ask neptunepink first, so that he knows you're using his stuff.

Btw, don't give me all the "intellectual property patent/copyright shouldn't exist" crap. It doesn't matter: you copied him directly without even asking.
Technicaly, if he didnt Copy the code from Factorisation, then its perfectly Legal. If you want to protect the IDEA, you need a Patent, which, unlike Copyright, is hard to get.
Posted Image