15 replies to this topic

Massy2k
    Massy2k

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 10:41 PM

Welcome to the land of Tisia, a divine utopia filled with immortals and
mortals alike. Tisia is home to the people of Aelira, Yalon and many more.

Until now it was a land of beauty and peace but recently an evil has engulfed
this land of grace, filling it with unholy beings. Beings that can only be
described as zombie like creatures.

All of Tisia has been consumed and no one from afar would dare set foot on
this now depraved land. Only a handful remain, hidden and lost.

Do you dare take on the challenge off cleansing Tisia of this evil scurge?
Will you solve its mystery as to how and why this land has been consumed
by evil?

If you dare, log in and open up your 'Invitation.txt'...

Rules

1. Begin the game inside of the boat, you will spawn beside it not on it.
2. Only destroy wool and monster spawners (wool will appear in many colors).
3. Only read the .txt files when instructed to do so by a sign or another .txt

** extra info **

This map was designed for 2 players online but im sure it would work fine offline for singleplayers.

Download Link here http://www.mediafire.../?w8qzh27trvq3d

The .rar contains the level Tisia as well as a number of lore pages which you must only read in the correct
order when told to from signs or another .txt - I got this idea from another user from this site but cant find
the user's name to thank him.

Its my first attempt at an adventure map and focused more on the lore of the adventure. I dont know if I
consider it 100% complete because i've yet to test it with 2players... so please give me any bugs/tips/hints
to improve on this adventure, thanks and enjoy.

p.s. play it on easy+++

Screens Here

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

jediluke69

Posted 18 February 2011 - 10:52 PM

sir this looks good from pics so imma gonna test it out in a little while so expect my review but before that does it have a ending

Massy2k
    Massy2k

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 11:01 PM

Yup

***Forgot to mention.. I assumed people would play this online, so made the nether portals thinking they
wouldnt work. Just run through them when you reach them so you dont waste your time teleporting to the
nether world.

jediluke69

Posted 18 February 2011 - 11:34 PM

hey i have question im in village with fonton srry bout spelling um wat do i do after that i go in fonton again i spelled fonton wrong cus i havent used that word in while lol

nvm

Ryamu
    Ryamu

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:22 AM

I just beat it...I think.  Is the part with *spoiler:the room with the four zombie spawners in the lost city the end?

Anyways, great job on this map!  The only problem I ran into was that I went into one of the portals to see if there was anything there and when I got there a ghast immediately blew up the portal.  I had to cheat to get back :Diamond:.  But there was a cool story, nice villages, there weren't too many items in the chests, and it was easy enough for me to beat.

Have a diamond! :Notch:  :D

numbaz878
  • Minecraft: Numbaz878

Posted 19 February 2011 - 01:19 AM

wow it was far hard in the beginning not knowing what to do then i found out the letters were the key to the end of the adventure 5/5  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:
btw you should check mine out its small but v.2 will be much larger then v.1 :D hope you enjoy if you download it oh and please post there if you like it or not as i am trying to get a bit more views XD viewtopic.php?f=25&t=115582

by the way will you be making another adventure like this one? i really liked it.

Zirind
    Zirind

Carpenter

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 02:40 AM

That's not too bad  :|: The end is quite hard, even with the over abundance of bread you gave us lol. I felt like I needed to keep all the bones and glowstone and wool...so I lost 3 slots of my inventory there haha.

3 things:
1st there are some typos in the notes. This probably doesn't bother most people, but yeah :Diamond:
2nd when we're in the boat, you switched to regular torches from redstone and then back to redstone afterward. Continuity?
3rd the save we're starting from is just starting to be day and there's a skeleton running around in the water and it shot me before I knew what was going on :Spider:

lolo500
    lolo500

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2554 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 02:48 AM

kewl
Posted Image

Massy2k
    Massy2k

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 10:22 AM

Thanks for trying this out guys, hope more people give it a go.

@ Ryamu
Yeah that is the ending, I was trying to give the player a surprise twist ending, hope you liked it. Also I
kinda built this map for online use so wasnt counting on the portals to actually work, I should have mentioned
this in the read me file, sorry.

@numbaz878
I'm glad you liked it and thanks for trying it, sure ill check out your map.

@Zirind
Yeah I gave the notes a quick look through when I was done but probably should have used a word document
to check for any errors I couldnt see. Also I never realised I did that with the red torches, I only planned on using
them in the spots 'Mass' was travelling to. About the skeleton in the water.. I was just getting some finishing touches
done to the map when I realised before I logged out that I should prob wait till day time. I spent 5mins waiting and
as soon as day hit I logged out, sorry about that I probably should have waiting a little longer for the mobs to have
been dealt with first. Also thanks for trying my map and giving me all the feedback.

I do plan on making another now that I know their are people who will actually play my maps.
But it might take a while.. I might even create a second part to where the story of this one ends.

Any more feedback and suggestions are always welcome.

furikurilol

Posted 19 February 2011 - 06:16 PM

Overall it was quite good, however, a few things annoyed me about the earlier parts of the adventure:

1. The ladder access to the underground area in the first village was extremely annoying and far too dark to have made sense that people had been there before. The ability to place torches to be able to see which way was up would have been helpful (by having it as a 2x1 shaft instead of a 1x1) and even some redstone or standard torches already there, just enough so that you can see your hand infront of your face.

2. I don't know whether the prompt for note 2 was there, had been destroyed, or that I couldn't find it after having gone through every house multiple times, so I just read on after a very frustrating couple of minutes. (Where was it?)

Other than those two annoyances it was a nice adventure and would like to play more like it.

Massy2k
    Massy2k

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 10:22 PM

Thanks for trying out the map Furikurilol, much appreciated.

Yeah about the ladders from the first few village homes, they were originally lit. Infact their were no monsters down
there at all but after finishing up the adventure I realised I needed to add a challenge or two early in because otherwise it would have been nothing but walking about until the lost city. So I made that chamber completely dark giving the player a reason to use the torches from the first chest.

I'll definitly keep this point in mind when I start working on a second map especially with those narrow shafts.

About the second note, not sure what could have happened to it but incase your wondering the sign for the second note was placed 'In a secret underground chamber just infront of the first nether portal as you immediately walk in, the idea was to have the player see the red wool infront of the nether portal as they were leaving that alter.' I suppose it was hid a little too well, you cant really see it through the nether portal.. sorry about that.

Hope this helps and would be glad to hear more suggestions, tips and hints for improvement. Or anything you liked so
I can be sure to add it in my next map, thanks again.

p.s. Would just like to ask anyone who might have tried the map if you thought their was a little too much lore. I was afraid people wouldnt really be too interested in reading those pages if they were more than 2-3 sentences long, I took a risk with them to be honest.

numbaz878
  • Minecraft: Numbaz878

Posted 20 February 2011 - 06:47 AM

Zirind said:

That's not too bad  :Diamond: The end is quite hard, even with the over abundance of bread you gave us lol. I felt like I needed to keep all the bones and glowstone and wool...so I lost 3 slots of my inventory there haha.

3 things:
1st there are some typos in the notes. This probably doesn't bother most people, but yeah :Diamond:
2nd when we're in the boat, you switched to regular torches from redstone and then back to redstone afterward. Continuity?
3rd the save we're starting from is just starting to be day and there's a skeleton running around in the water and it shot me before I knew what was going on :Diamond:

the skeleton didn't want to burn to me i hard to turn it to peaceful the normal and i waited 5 minutes for it to burn and yes it wasn't in the water i am not retarded lol.

XTDshadow

Posted 23 March 2011 - 11:55 PM

Me and my friend are gonna bee spotlighting this map tomorrow in our letsplay. We will write a review

sambond007

Posted 22 April 2011 - 01:15 PM

Hey this is Sambond007 from N2sGaming. We recently recorded a 3-4 part video of your map. I have to say it was really enjoyable and clever, great job! I was wondering if you would like to see the video, unfortunately there is no voice over, however there is some, in a sense, calming music there. We are also looking for a bit of publicity for our account and so decided to start posting videos of adventure maps, then show them to the author. This is the first one we have done and we really liked it. Please take a few minutes to watch this video. If you are making any other maps or are posting them please let me know (PM me) i would be glad to either record it or help you make it. Thanks!

MRWHYDOITRY
  • Minecraft: veryloudninja

Posted 09 June 2011 - 06:02 AM

how do i start it up in a hamachi server???

NieaMisconduct

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:08 PM

We'll be editing and uploading the other parts soon. :)