Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Can't host server in any way

notworking

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Noporian

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

I have a problem with myself, hamachi doesn't work with windows 8. Then additionally when portforwarding it asks for username and password, BUT i've tried all of the combinations including my routers own defaults. It doesn't work and they are supposed to be admin and password should be 1234. I have an acer emachines ET1852 and my router is zyxel p-870HN-51b. So the problem is i can't host at all :(

Register or log in to remove.

Karuo
    Karuo

Zombie Killer

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 217 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

Call your service provider and ask them for your router details, else you're outta luck

Izraili
    Izraili

Swedish Fisherator

• Sectional Moderator
  • 3870 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

View PostNoporian, on 15 February 2013 - 03:49 PM, said:

I have a problem with myself, hamachi doesn't work with windows 8. Then additionally when portforwarding it asks for username and password, BUT i've tried all of the combinations including my routers own defaults. It doesn't work and they are supposed to be admin and password should be 1234. I have an acer emachines ET1852 and my router is zyxel p-870HN-51b. So the problem is i can't host at all Posted Image
Have you tried resetting the router and using the default password/username again?

Posted Image

Om nom nomin

Noporian

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:56 PM

Yes i have :(

BeeJesus
    BeeJesus

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

View PostKaruo, on 15 February 2013 - 03:51 PM, said:

Call your service provider and ask them for your router details, else you're outta luck

Your ISP won't be able to tell you anything about your router.

OP, do a 30/30/30 reset on your router. That's a guaranteed kill.

Sparklez
    Sparklez

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 236 posts
  • Minecraft: rysparks

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:25 PM

Sometimes the router username is the WiFi network SSID, and the password is the WiFi password.  Just a thought

TryMeth
    TryMeth

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Minecraft: Levendi

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

If you're using hamachi there is no need to port forward.

CaptiveCloud

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:41 PM

View PostTryMeth, on 15 February 2013 - 09:39 PM, said:

If you're using hamachi there is no need to port forward.
1: hamachi is unsafe and generally bad
2: have you even read the post?

Karuo
    Karuo

Zombie Killer

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 217 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:27 AM

View PostBeeJesus, on 15 February 2013 - 05:56 PM, said:

Your ISP won't be able to tell you anything about your router.

OP, do a 30/30/30 reset on your router. That's a guaranteed kill.

If the ISP is the guys that gave him the router, they should know.

qtpriest
    qtpriest

Support Guru

• Members
  • 878 posts
  • Minecraft: stunseed

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:35 AM

View PostNoporian, on 15 February 2013 - 03:49 PM, said:

I have a problem with myself, hamachi doesn't work with windows 8. Then additionally when portforwarding it asks for username and password, BUT i've tried all of the combinations including my routers own defaults. It doesn't work and they are supposed to be admin and password should be 1234. I have an acer emachines ET1852 and my router is zyxel p-870HN-51b. So the problem is i can't host at all Posted Image

there should be a button on your router that will hard reset it fi you cant get in also to find your password and the default ip to log in .. that info will be on the bottom of your router. check the backside where you plug everything in at. youll see a small button very small it will say reset. press that while its turned opn actually PRESS AND HOLD! for like 10 seconds then it should reset it you shold see your routers lights start to blink that means its stting to reset  then release and let it do it thing   and then use your default routers default ip = 192.168.1.1  username and pass = admin/1234.. that should get you router access.
the earth first! we can strip mine the rest of the universe after. click the up arrow if i helped.
Be A part of a great server! connect with Theofficialmcserver.com

Posted Image

BeeJesus
    BeeJesus

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:35 AM

View Postmdijkhuizen, on 15 February 2013 - 10:41 PM, said:

1: hamachi is unsafe and generally bad
2: have you even read the post?

This is probably the single stupidest thing I've ever read. Hamachi is actually many, many times safer if you use it right.

Noporian

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

Okay i'll answer all this hamachi stuff.

I used hamachi till it stopped working when i installed windows 8.

Ill try some of the answers

CaptiveCloud

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

View PostBeeJesus, on 17 February 2013 - 12:35 AM, said:

This is probably the single stupidest thing I've ever read. Hamachi is actually many, many times safer if you use it right.
Hamachi safer then portforwarding? Now that's just hilarious.

bostonian

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

View PostBeeJesus, on 17 February 2013 - 12:35 AM, said:

Not true.

OP, you might be past this by now but try 'admin' as the usename AND password. This is actually defualt

I'm from Boston

qtpriest
    qtpriest

Support Guru

• Members
  • 878 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

View Postbostonian, on 17 February 2013 - 08:40 PM, said:

Not true.

OP, you might be past this by now but try 'admin' as the usename AND password. This is actually defualt
http://www.speedguid...rt-gateway-1244

it is in fact not the default password
the earth first! we can strip mine the rest of the universe after. click the up arrow if i helped.

Posted Image

Noporian

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

Admin+admin isn't the default for my router, and i've tested admin+admin, admin+administrator and vice versa, admin1+admin vice versa, etc. and the defaults

BeeJesus
    BeeJesus

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:30 AM

View Postmdijkhuizen, on 17 February 2013 - 04:38 PM, said:

Hamachi safer then portforwarding? Now that's just hilarious.

Misconfigured Hamachi can cause problems, but as long as you're using hub-and-spoke with iptables/firewall set properly on the server, Hamachi is basically 100% secure. Should anybody cause you problems, just ban them from the network.

Don't base your opinions on unmanaged mode because you couldn't be bothered to actually use most of it's features.

qtpriest
    qtpriest

Support Guru

• Members
  • 878 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:49 AM

View PostBeeJesus, on 19 February 2013 - 02:30 AM, said:

Misconfigured Hamachi can cause problems, but as long as you're using hub-and-spoke with iptables/firewall set properly on the server, Hamachi is basically 100% secure. Should anybody cause you problems, just ban them from the network.

Don't base your opinions on unmanaged mode because you couldn't be bothered to actually use most of it's features.

its all based on ones opinion / experience with hamachi in itself. ive tried hamachi for other things never minecraft well.. maybe once . and i KNOW how to set these things up and well wether its safer or not hamachi in general is just a bad experience its nice in theory but its more trouble than it needs to be. there is another thing quite like hamachi works the same way but it 100% better its called EVOLVE can be found
https://www.evolvehq.com/welcome
^ there .. i liked that much better ALOT esier and more user friendly has a million extra features and spans across multiple gaming platforms. also think about what hamachi is based on and what its for. it sets up a fake LAN party so people can do what they want as long as they join your lan.  check out evolve and there is an actual community much better

View PostNoporian, on 18 February 2013 - 04:59 PM, said:

Admin+admin isn't the default for my router, and i've tested admin+admin, admin+administrator and vice versa, admin1+admin vice versa, etc. and the defaults
i liked your routers webpage manual give it a read it tells you right there the default user and pass is admin 1234.. if it doesnt reset then youre doing it wrong..  unplug your router from the wall leave it unplugged for atleast 5 mins plug it back it let it connect then before even accessing the internet imediatly .press your reset button hold it down wait 15 seconds or for your light to flash three-5 times release let it restart let it reaquire sytem setting then test. if u can connect good. then try to get admin panels up. it pretty much atleast should be a fool proof way to reset your router. THAT what you need to do

Posted Image

pascalbrax

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:32 AM

View PostBeeJesus, on 19 February 2013 - 02:30 AM, said:

Yeah because who uses Hamachi knows even the syntax of iptables most of the times.
Just set up your own VPN with your own rules instead of wasting time on Hamachi.
Which.
is.
Insecure.

No matter what idea you have about hamachi or network security.

Noporian

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:46 PM

ok i'll close the talk and say: PLEASE STOP WITH THE HAMACHI ARGUMENT!
i only want help on the portforwarding problem