• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

How do Spawn Eggs work?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

TheDragsonsDeck

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

Now that its pretty well confirmed by 4j that spawn eggs with be in TU9, how do they work.  I'm looking at the wiki and it's a little confusing.

Does EVERYTHING spawn by way of egg than?  Or will hostile/passive mobs still spawn similar to how they spawn now and you can spawn extra mobs by way of spawn egg?

Register or log in to remove.

ShnoiceZeke

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

Throw egg>mob spawns.

Probably exclusive to creative mode.

Koumus
    Koumus

Pipsqueak Admin

• Forum Admin
  • 1154 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:48 PM

You pick them up just like any other item, and throw them, like regular eggs. The desired mob will spawn.

Posted Image

Forum Admin of the Show Your Creation and Off-Topic sections

KioriBug
    KioriBug

Choc-chip Moderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • 1902 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:57 PM

View PostTheDragsonsDeck, on 14 February 2013 - 04:15 PM, said:

Now that its pretty well confirmed by 4j that spawn eggs with be in TU9, how do they work.  I'm looking at the wiki and it's a little confusing.

Does EVERYTHING spawn by way of egg than?  Or will hostile/passive mobs still spawn similar to how they spawn now and you can spawn extra mobs by way of spawn egg?
mobs will still spawn the way the do now. Basically spawn eggs are used in creative mode for testing and designing.  You can put eggs in a dispenser and control how many and when you want mobs to spawn.  You don't have to depend on light levels.

Forum Rules

~ * ~ MCX360 ~ * ~ MCPS3 ~ * ~ MCPE  ~ * ~ MCPI ~ * ~

Posted Image

TheDragsonsDeck

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

Oh okay, so they are a creative mode item and not a Survival mode item then?  Do they still appear in survival than?

KioriBug
    KioriBug

Choc-chip Moderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • 1902 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

View PostTheDragsonsDeck, on 14 February 2013 - 05:16 PM, said:

Oh okay, so they are a creative mode item and not a Survival mode item then?  Do they still appear in survival than?
I don't believe so.  I believe they are creative only.

Forum Rules

~ * ~ MCX360 ~ * ~ MCPS3 ~ * ~ MCPE  ~ * ~ MCPI ~ * ~

Posted Image

Mustache_Guy
  • Minecraft: McAngusYoung

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:08 PM

View PostTheDragsonsDeck, on 14 February 2013 - 05:16 PM, said:

They are Creative only items. You can throw them in a chest in creative then switch back to survival and you'll have them, but other than that, there is no way to get them in Survival.
Lucifer - "So you're willing to die for a pile of cockroaches? Why?"
Gabriel - "Because dad was right. They are better than us."
Lucifer - "They are broken, flawed, abortions!"
Gabriel - "Damn right they're flawed, but a lot of them try to do better."

TheDragsonsDeck

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:58 PM

Good to hear, I think that would really mess with survival, wouldn't even be close to the same.

DMSiafu
    DMSiafu

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:40 PM

View PostTheDragsonsDeck, on 14 February 2013 - 10:58 PM, said:

Good to hear, I think that would really mess with survival, wouldn't even be close to the same.

it would up the troll factor for a host... imagine being able to create a room under your friends house, spawn a spider, and leave it there, essentially driving them a little nutty until they found it (or you could go creeper egg crazy and hook up a dispenser to a rapid clock and flood their home with creepers if they hit a button that you place under a sign saying "Don't push this")

I foresee many many funny pranks being pulled...

View PostNose_Job_For_a_Cowboy, on 16 December 2012 - 03:47 AM, said:

Redstone theory is, "**** this, my brain hurts."
My Terra-form Map, An almost comletely solo project since the November 2012 bug fix