• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

How to make an iron farm?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

user_837235

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:49 PM

I sometimes see people posting about iron farms, but how do you make  one? Do you use an iron golem?

Register or log in to remove.

IronMagus

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:07 PM

View Postweterman, on 13 February 2013 - 09:49 PM, said:

Do you use an iron golem?
No, you spawn the golems, and then kill them for iron.  An iron farm is an artificial NPC village, arranged so that the golems spawn and are immediately whisked away (okay, slowly rinsed away) to a holding area so that new ones can spawn in their place.  The golems accumulate while you work nearby, then whenever you are ready you activate a killing mechanism to kill them all at once and harvest the iron ingots they drop upon death.  For more details, check out the link in my sig.
Village Mechanics: A not-so-brief guide - Update for 1.4! Added subsection on iron farming to the iron golems section. Only ten villagers required to spawn golems (down from sixteen)! Put to rest the "facing doors cancel each other" myth!

View PostTechdolphin, on 30 September 2013 - 08:33 PM, said:

If you say plz because it is shorter than please, I will say no because it is shorter than yes.

user_837235

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:34 PM

View PostIronMagus, on 13 February 2013 - 10:07 PM, said:

No, you spawn the golems, and then kill them for iron.  An iron farm is an artificial NPC village, arranged so that the golems spawn and are immediately whisked away (okay, slowly rinsed away) to a holding area so that new ones can spawn in their place.  The golems accumulate while you work nearby, then whenever you are ready you activate a killing mechanism to kill them all at once and harvest the iron ingots they drop upon death.  For more details, check out the link in my sig.
thanks.

OverlordXcano
  • Minecraft: Xcano

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:21 AM

View PostIronMagus, on 13 February 2013 - 10:07 PM, said:

Now only if Mojang added Diamond Golems to spawn in Super Large NPC Villages.

Go on. Click it. It tastes good.

Posted Image

IronMagus

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:03 AM

View PostOverlordXcano, on 14 February 2013 - 12:21 AM, said:

Now only if Mojang added Diamond Golems to spawn in Super Large NPC Villages.
You can already trade with villagers for a renewable source of diamond gear, you just can't get the raw gems.  What, you need infinite jukeboxes and enchantment tables?
Village Mechanics: A not-so-brief guide - Update for 1.4! Added subsection on iron farming to the iron golems section. Only ten villagers required to spawn golems (down from sixteen)! Put to rest the "facing doors cancel each other" myth!

View PostTechdolphin, on 30 September 2013 - 08:33 PM, said:

If you say plz because it is shorter than please, I will say no because it is shorter than yes.