micdoodle8

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1156 posts
  • Minecraft: micdoodle8

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:27 AM

POPULAR

Posted Image

Galacticraft is a mod that lets you travel to new planets with your own spaceship, explore dungeons, and build a space stations with friends. It also includes an API that allows developers to add their own solar systems.

News:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Mod Homepage
=========================
Link

Wiki
Link

Forum
Link

Banners

Posted Image

[center][url="http://goo.gl/wu7rs"][img]http://i.imgur.com/nYe7DAc.png[/img][/url][/center]

Source Code
==================================
Link

Donate

==================================

Donations of $5 USD or more will receive the cape of your choice:

Posted Image

[Click to Expand]

Make sure to include your cape of choice, as well as your minecraft username when you donate.

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Lucargia1

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:34 AM

Can't wait for this!

VoidsWrath

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:36 PM

Jmbkpo
    Jmbkpo

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:23 PM

Very Good!

Jblade35
  • Minecraft: Jblade35

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:06 PM

Really cool stuff! Gonna play around with it ingame - I saw that you've got copper ore in the mod though, and there's no way to disable it in the config files - is it Forge-ore dictionary compatible?

Also another thing, I checked the biome on the moon and it said plains, which meant a bunch of dungeons and stuff from other mods spawned on there. Whilst pretty funny to see lots of flowers on the moon, is there a way to disable that? (Specifically stuff from Pam's mods, the Project Zulu dungeons, .etc) I'll take the mods out and just play around with this mod for a while, but just thought you should know.

Also the galaxy map is AWESOME, I love how it even tells you who's on a planet. IMO this should definitly replace Myst-craft as the 'alternate dimensions' mod for tech based stuff. I'm not a big fan of it as I felt it was over-powered so this mod is pretty damn fantastic (And I should also mention making Oxygen generation dependant on trees is a brilliant idea because it means that building a hydroponics section is actually neccessary.

flashman111
  • Minecraft: flashman111

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:11 PM

Amazing mod, i tried it out. And i gotta say: THIS IS AWESOME!
Well done, one of the best mods i have seen in a while!
Posted Image

flashman111

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:22 PM

One question though, whats that level bar on top of your inventory? And, another question, is the moon only availible, atm, or has it something to do with that level bar? You gotta like, gain experience to visit other planets?
Posted Image

Exacat
    Exacat

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1354 posts
  • Minecraft: Exacat

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

This is the best worked space mod I ever seen. I love it.

Posted Image

weirdiolio

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:29 PM

Looks good!

Jblade35

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

View Postflashman111, on 13 February 2013 - 09:22 PM, said:

One question though, whats that level bar on top of your inventory? And, another question, is the moon only availible, atm, or has it something to do with that level bar? You gotta like, gain experience to visit other planets?
Just taking a brief look, it looks like only the moon is available for now. I imagine that number will increase as you explore further planets.

I hope this gets more attention, if I had a PC good enough I'd actually make a video about it since I really think there's lots of potential here. I tried to post some ideas on your forum section but I couldn't do that, so I'll list a few minor ones here (This are pretty much just mod compatability ideas)

-IC2 support for the Oxygen canisters - you can place a Cell in an extractor to get an Oxygen cell for the Scuba mask; letting us refill our canisters in a similar way or maybe a new tool that uses the cells out of the inventory instead would be cool

-BC Fuel for Rocketfuel, as an alternative or something? It would be cool to build a launch pad and have to pipe fuel into larger rockets if they're planned.

-General macerating/smashing support for the new ores, wherether it be IC2, Thermal Expansion or whatever. Pretty minor (and you may not like this idea for balance reasons, so it's merely an idea heh)

-Ore config control, since there's a variety of mods that spawn the ores you've added. You may already be planning this though.

-A cheap kinda future-y looking building material made with, I don't know, either an aluminum or titanium ingot surrounded by stone? Using iron blocks is way too expensive for Survival players so it'd be nice to be able to build a moonbase out of a cheaper alternative that looks pretty sci-fi.

flashman111

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

Davechaos' mod review had so many planets :/
And this thread also says 11 new planets..

View PostJblade35, on 14 February 2013 - 05:28 PM, said:

Just taking a brief look, it looks like only the moon is available for now. I imagine that number will increase as you explore further planets.
But, how can I explore further planets, if i cant visit them? xD
Posted Image

Jblade35

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:47 PM

View Postflashman111, on 14 February 2013 - 05:41 PM, said:

Davechaos' mod review had so many planets :/
And this thread also says 11 new planets..
But, how can I explore further planets, if i cant visit them? xD
Sorry I meant in further releases lol :P I saw the video and it seems DaveChaos has a development version as he had a bunch of items in the creative menu that aren't in this release version (like some new buckets, a titanium oxygen helmet .etc)

flashman111

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:52 PM

View PostJblade35, on 14 February 2013 - 05:47 PM, said:

Sorry I meant in further releases lol Posted Image I saw the video and it seems DaveChaos has a development version as he had a bunch of items in the creative menu that aren't in this release version (like some new buckets, a titanium oxygen helmet .etc)
Aww, only moon :/
Thats fine though, this mod has huge potential
Posted Image

Jblade35

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

View Postflashman111, on 14 February 2013 - 05:52 PM, said:

Aww, only moon :/
No offense, this mod is awesome, but the moon is really boring
I would love to explore Mars myself - heh, there should be a penalty so if you open a Portal to the nether on Phobos/Deimos than it ends up spawning a demon invasion :D

nitrocrafter
  • Minecraft: nitrocrafterMF

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:31 PM

This has a bright future. Enjoy it.
Posted Image

zombiepig333
  • Minecraft: zombiepig333

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:00 AM

Looking good... not good, GREAT!!!

Been longing to see something like this.  Keep it up.

Downloading now!
My website that I try and keep updated: http://zombiepig333.com/

CheesyTime

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

WOW!

ilsu333
    ilsu333

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:05 PM

Awesome!!!I won't play this mod till more planets are going to be added (because i already got a lot of mods installed and my block ids are pretty much filled),but so far,from watching a bunch of videos,this mod its freaking awesome!!!

DefaultAsAwesome
  • Minecraft: Psybeam524

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:13 PM

I love astronomy, I was going to do a mod like this myself, but I didn't.
I have some ideas you can try to fit in if you want.
For example, instead of planets, there's another "overworld" you can go to, which is just space, you can travel to galaxies, which is like a mid-overworld, and from there you can find planets and stars and black holes and wormholes and nebulae and stuff.
Also, a Constellation Maker, which will create beams between stars to form a constellation on a stargazing map, which is basically a 3D map of space.
Also, a diamond spacesuit, which will let you survive on stars, gas planets, black holes, nebulae, or supernovas.
Those were some things I was going to add on my mod, unfortunately it wasn't completed, so I just wanted to see if some of these ideas that I would love to see in Minecraft could be added.
Check out my YouTube channel! http://youtube.com/defaultasawesome

Etalyx
    Etalyx

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:45 PM

Heya Micdoodle! I played with your mod for a while and decided to make a spotlight of it on my YouTube channel! You can find the video below:

Hope you enjoy the video :D. Really love the mod. Feel free to contact me as you update it and I'll make more videos :3

~Etalyx